Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2015, 08:45 PM   #15

National RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Also, there is a 150 Amp circuit breaker on the 12VDC Distribution Panel that feeds both the Jacks Motor and the Generator Starter......will your Generator start? If no, check the Breaker. Rook

98 National Tradewinds 7370, powered by a 3126B 300HP CAT Turbo, Freightliner XC chassis
Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2015, 09:45 PM   #16
epj

Have you tried with the engine running?

Old 08-05-2015, 04:36 AM   #17

Generator starts and runs fine and powers the coach. I have also tried with the engine on and off and with the parking brake set and not set. I will try today to poke around under there, find the pump and related hardware for these things underneath and look at the fluid level of the resevior, connections, etc.

I have a feeling it's something simple that's has shaken loose as they worked great and then just suddenly stopped working after my horrendous drive through Chicago coming home. Literally 50 miles of bad road and road construction.......and I got to pay $50 in tolls for the priveledge of driving on that.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:21 AM   #18

National RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Chicago roads are very bad......but sadly, it will get worse. Why?. Simple, they are deservingly BROKE! Back to your problem....Low fluid stoppage is instant......one minute it works, the next minute it doesn't! So, check that easy one first. On my coach, the pump and reservoir is in the 2nd bay from the rear, driver's side. Rook

98 National Tradewinds 7370, powered by a 3126B 300HP CAT Turbo, Freightliner XC chassis
Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 08:34 PM   #19

The resevoir and the solenoid are up front on my coach behind the grille. I emailed the manufacturer again and asked how to determine full and what kind of fluid goes in there. Haven't heard back yet. Hopefully tomorrow.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:39 PM   #20

Gulf Streamers Club
Typically if the jacks are fully retracted the reservoir fluid level should be up to the full mark. Generally the full mark is the fill plug, you put fluid in until it starts coming back out the plug. It must be done with all jacks up.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 04:30 AM   #21

Well, jacks are up. There look to be two bolts on the top of the resevoir 180 degrees from each other. I'm not sure if one if a fill the other comes out to ask as a vent or what. Hopefully the tech support guy will clue me in.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:16 PM   #22

Well after redoing all the connections on the solenoid and batteries, the jacks are working again.

Only now after checking over everything, I see that one of the front stabilizers is leaking. So now I'm going to have to address that. I found the rebuild kit. Just gotta find instructions on how to take it apart. Thanks all.