Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-12-2013, 05:05 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Zoafan---we have the same Freedom 458 inverter in a bay outside the bedroom window that I have open each night and I have never heard any noise?,

Dan & Kris Murphy

2009 Beaver Contessa
2015 Ford Edge SEL
Dakrism is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2013, 05:06 PM   #16
I don't think when your hooked up to city water you should "pull" or get any taste from the tank. But, if the unit was winterized before you bought it and you didn't flush/ sanitize the water lines you might have some pink antifreeze reside in them that would make the water taste funny for awhile until it all gets flushed out of there. How would you describe the taste?

Caveman CBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:47 PM   #17
My furnance was squeeling like the blower was bad. Turns out it was the exhaust stack outside screeching due to vibration. I took out the exhaust, cleaned it up real good and no more noise.
Roy & Sabine Lyons
98 Itasca 35' Class A Gas with Banks Powerpack
98 Honda CRV Toad
rlyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:17 PM   #18
I just replaced the front fan motor for the screeching noise,there are no bearing in the motor. $79.00
You need dc volts to run the fan motors I have solar that charges my batteries to ~13 volts before bed, about 7 amps per motor pulls some power from the batteries. On my Discovery the shore power only charges battery ,but no power goes straight to any dc in the coach.
NEVER run the pump with park/home water, it blows the top of the pump,don't ask how I know,after reading the instruction with my new pump a light suddenly came on.
The inverter will hum when charging. I have a TriMetric 2520 that show amps and volt usage and can see volts drop and amp rate when fans/lights are on ,and if charger is off volts drop and amps rise with fan/light use with shore power.
Morris & Lena
2001.5 Fleetwood Discovery CAT 3126, 2006 Dodge Dakota 4x4, Arctic Cat TRV, lots of prospecting gear.
mcshanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:52 PM   #19
You want to use a psi water reg anytime your hooked to city water and never go over your 40 psi rating . .reason being is most plastic lines are rated for well over 100 psi but alot of connections (joints,quest joints) are only rated for 40 psi
3810brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:29 PM   #20
Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Re your surge guard, had a 5th wheel that had a 50 amp SG. It said it was okay to use it for 30 amps, but not on a permanent or regular basis. Sorry, do not recall the name.
2014 American Eagle 45T
DD 500
Pulling a Honda CRV
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:00 PM   #21
Typically, if it screeches, replace it.

My inverter hums but is only audible outside with cargo hatch open.

And lastly, what the hell were you thinkin' trying to use your RV .... they are only for waxing !! (yours looks awesome !!).
2005 Newmar Essex 4502
1997 HR Endeavor 37, CAT, 1996 Geo Tracker
bruceisla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:05 PM   #22
Originally Posted by bruceisla View Post
Typically, if it screeches, replace it.

My inverter hums but is only audible outside with cargo hatch open.

And lastly, what the hell were you thinkin' trying to use your RV .... they are only for waxing !! (yours looks awesome !!).
That's what I was thinking, for $80 it's worth the peace of mind.

My wife was starting to think these things were only for waxing AND tinkering!
1998 Fleetwood Discovery 36T Diesel Pusher
Zoafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #23
Forest River Owners Club
I also had the screeching heater blower fan upon first startup of my Atwood--it just got worse. Replaced the blower motor--not too easy, but not too hard either--took about 2 hours. You can find the part on-line around $75. Then you won't have to worry about it again for several years.
You may need to check your Freedom inverter min. charge setting that is programmable via the remote panel. It will hum loud at max charge rate when first charging, but should taper off and go down to a very low hum as batteries approach full charge (Min. charge setting). I have mine set to 10 Amps. Check your remote panel manual to set the inverter's settings. This is also where you set the inverter for the type of batteries you have--also important. My internal inverter fan cycles on and off but normally does not come on unless I am in the "INVERT" mode. Rarely comes on while charging unless it is a hot day. Hope this helps.
Jim and Connie, Silver City, NM
2016 Rockwood Ultralite 2608WS
3 lb. Teacup Chihuahua on board
Radarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:00 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The inverter/charger in our Providence is mounted in the electrical bay, which is also near our rear bed. We've never heard it inside the coach.

2005 Fleetwood Providence 39J
CAT C7 350, MP-8 Programmer

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote