Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2015, 09:21 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Man View Post
The Safe T Plus is indeed a great device. If you want to go one step further, a steering trim kit like the Blue Ox TruCenter is adjustable on the fly. They are more expensive but it is quite an impressive steering aid.

Craig

They have a Trim Kit available for the Safe-T-Plus and it works on the fly also.

Traps90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2015, 09:40 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Steering stabilizer a good idea for class A?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traps90 View Post
They have a Trim Kit available for the Safe-T-Plus and it works on the fly also.

Indeed there is and I seriously looked into it, as I am a big fan of the Safe-T-Plus. One must keep in mind however that you are talking about two separate products, the stabilizer made by Safe-T-Plus and a separate trim kit made by SuperSteer. The two devices combined are more expensive than the stand alone TruCenter. Safe-T-Plus has stated that adding a trim kit to their unit will void their warranty. That was enough to dissuade me so I opted for the TruCenter. I had some surface rust issues with my original TruCenter but Blue Ox was on top of it and sent me a new replacement. I never had a single issue with the Safe-T-Plus that I had on my previous MH, it was an excellent product.

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:45 AM   #17
Community Moderator

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traps90 View Post
I have one and it works great. I had a Blue Ox TruCenter on my previous coach and I like the Safe T Plus a lot better. The only consideration for gas coach owners is that the trim kit is air driven, so a compressor and small tank is needed.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2012 Honda CRV on Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar. Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 11:36 AM   #18

As previously mentioned I went with a steer safe, mostly for safety reasons. If you have handling matters you want to improve you need to pinpoint the source not chase the symptoms with money. Look at https://www.brazelsrv.com/ and then give them a call to discuss your coach specifics and your symptoms...they know this stuff and are very honest and helpful.
Old 04-19-2015, 05:53 PM   #19

The two best add ons(IMHO) for the highest benefit per dollar spent for a gasser is the Koni FSD shocks and rear trac bar combo. It helped our '05 HR W-22's porpoising at bridge and concrete expansion joints, excessive steering corrections with passing trucks and the constant battling in crosswinds, that we could forgo all other typical steering add ons.

RIP 'Squeaky'
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 06:50 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by scenic route View Post
The two best add ons(IMHO) for the highest benefit per dollar spent for a gasser is the Koni FSD shocks and rear trac bar combo. It helped our '05 HR W-22's porpoising at bridge and concrete expansion joints, excessive steering corrections with passing trucks and the constant battling in crosswinds, that we could forgo all other typical steering add ons.
I totally agree. Those two changes made a world of difference in driving our coach. Smooth controlled ride plus no more tail wag from semis or cross winds on our Ford F-53 chassis.
Old 12-09-2015, 11:04 AM   #21

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I think I'm going to buy one of the Safe T Plus. How hard are they to put on. I wonder if SuperDave could do it.....
Lincolnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 11:40 AM   #22

Let me look into this for you
Old 12-11-2015, 06:19 PM   #23

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You Tube Safe T Plus Installation DIY Videos

Old 12-12-2015, 01:49 PM   #24

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Stabilzers are good and useful. Help in many ways

you need track bars. as well in your case.

The biggest aid from a stablizer is when "Stuff" happens like a blown tire or some road "Features". But your problem is tracking, not steering.
Old 12-13-2015, 02:58 PM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I had one on my 2005 Winnebago Voyage and loved it. I would recommend it on any coach. Can't put one the coach I have now because no one makes the brackets for the Spartan Mountain Master chassis with the Tuthill/Reyco Granning Independent suspension. It's a center steer and there is no way to make it work.

Craig & Carolyn Roberts Apple Valley, CA
2006 Newmar 3910 KSDP 400 ISL Cummins Spartan Mountian Master Chassis
Toad: 2017 GMC Canyon 4X4 Crewcab
DD788Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 04:05 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky68D View Post
A second vote for the Safe-T-Plus. Just make sure you have an alignment done first. Not exactly in your back yard but Redlands Truck has a good reputation for dealing with these kinds of issues.

I also second Doggy Daddy's rec on the Koni shocks and anti-sway bars.
Highly recommend Redlands truck & RV. They can do the alignment, a road test & make recommendations. Our 37f Winnebago handled like it was on ice in any kind of wind. They helped it immensely. Our home base is Temecula. We get all our work on the coach (servicing, upgrades, etc.) done there. Well worth your drive.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:50 PM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by biosensai View Post
Highly recommend Redlands truck & RV. They can do the alignment, a road test & make recommendations. Our 37f Winnebago handled like it was on ice in any kind of wind. They helped it immensely. Our home base is Temecula. We get all our work on the coach (servicing, upgrades, etc.) done there. Well worth your drive.

Same here.

Craig & Carolyn Roberts Apple Valley, CA
2006 Newmar 3910 KSDP 400 ISL Cummins Spartan Mountian Master Chassis
Toad: 2017 GMC Canyon 4X4 Crewcab
DD788Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a, steering