Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2015, 06:49 PM   #29

I don't really like the stink bugs but I'll take them over the Asian imitation lady bugs they are all over everything year round.
Elf111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2015, 08:25 PM   #30

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynnwalter View Post
Could be worse, they don't bite or seem to get into food. But I surely am tired of them.
Besides being a nuisance, they are a huge agriculture problem. The stink bugs are ruining entire crops, costing growers millions of dollars. They are such a problem that the Dept of Agriculture has been researching other species of bugs that are the stink bugs natural predator in Asia (where the stink bug is from) and considering introducing them to the United States. Just what we need........
thanks8990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 06:13 PM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Living in PA they are about as common as flies. Hate them! They are ugly and a pain. Just don't squish them.... That's where the name comes from.. Swish and stink!!
PPAinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 10:02 PM   #32
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
We got a bunch of them in NC in 2013. When I described them to family members who live back their, they acted like they never heard of them. We saw them slowly come out for months. I thought I got them all, but found one the day the new owners were picking up our coach.

From reading this post, it sounds like the best way to kill them is to crank the heat up in the RV for a couple of days and then use the Raid bug bomb.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 09:30 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
From reading this post, it sounds like the best way to kill them is to crank the heat up in the RV for a couple of days and then use the Raid bug bomb.

Actually you don't need to crank the heat up, just use the RAID Fumigator and it will penetrate all the cracks and crevices, cable & pipe runs, and even sink into the storage compartments. I normally don't use it till November when the stink bugs have hibernated and the coach is in storage. It brings them out and kills them. In the spring I go through and vacuum up the dead ones and never see another one till fall.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:50 AM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
We live in MD. And they are a huge problem! They have made our screen in porch useless! They do get into the food system! Soy is their number one food source and, when the farmers around us rotate their crops THEY INVADE US.... We keep hand pump sprayers on the outside of all our doors filled with sented joy soap and water to spray the door so we can get into the house... Lemon sented joy soap kills them when it contacts them (only the ones you can see will it kill) but is safe for us and pets. Remember the smell when they excret their sent, you'll smell it and taste it in food that has been attacked by them. They use a spout in their mouth to inject a fluid so to soften the item they want to eat and it leaves their stench in the food. Then the fly to the next item doing the same thing over and over damaging the food item.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:58 PM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllkrob View Post
Actually you don't need to crank the heat up, just use the RAID Fumigator and it will penetrate all the cracks and crevices, cable & pipe runs, and even sink into the storage compartments. I normally don't use it till November when the stink bugs have hibernated and the coach is in storage. It brings them out and kills them. In the spring I go through and vacuum up the dead ones and never see another one till fall.
X-2, My only problem is when I turn on the heat (heat pumps) It smells like a few have got in the duct work and died! After a while the smell goes away or maybe I just get use to the smell !!
Old 02-12-2015, 09:13 PM   #36

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by thanks8990 View Post
Besides being a nuisance, they are a huge agriculture problem. The stink bugs are ruining entire crops, costing growers millions of dollars. They are such a problem that the Dept of Agriculture has been researching other species of bugs that are the stink bugs natural predator in Asia (where the stink bug is from) and considering introducing them to the United States. Just what we need........
Give the Department of Agriculture a chance. The kudzu they introduced sure did a good job of stopping erosion. Nevermind...
LarrytheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 09:59 PM   #37

We get rid of them in the camper with duct tape. Just stick them with a bit, they are captured but don't stink, then seal them in the tape and squish em. Bleh, hate them.

Yoho, moho, the traveler's life for me!
sinjineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 03:42 PM   #38

We have been in the Kendall section of Miami since before my earlier post and the warmer (than our yard in N. Florida) weather really brought them out. Down to just two stinkbugs late this afternoon. So maybe they are finally running out? Anyway, we have only ever found adult sized stinkbugs, so I don't believe they are hatching in our coach, but instead are able to hibernate or something when its cold. Also, I am pretty sure they have mostly come in from the heat pumps on the roof as they get inside ceiling lights, and I have seen several emerge from the ceiling a/c vents. These are pretty capable survivors. Has anyone ever seen baby stinkbugs?
Old 02-15-2015, 05:59 PM   #39
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Never saw any baby bugs. They're all the same size.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 07:35 PM   #40

Newmar Owners Club
You haven't seen stink bugs till you've been on my screen in porch Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1424054116.059183.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	86201 it sucks

"Sea's the Moment" Life is Short