Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-01-2014, 09:29 PM   #99

Originally Posted by mothgrey View Post
Wow I guess I was never expecting all these replies.... Guess I hit a hot button LOL.
All I want to do is stop at a place very near the highway. As I was looking for CG they all seamed small winding roads to get to. Seeing as where I want to stop is near mountains. I appreciate all the feedback. And actually on this trip we decided to drive thru to our CG and got there around 11PM. Were going again in 8 day and this time we are stoping as we'll have the grandkids and a full RV. So I'm gonna try the WM or Sams. I decided I'll call ahead, no jacks, one slide so we can all sleep. be there at dark and gone by 9AM. Geni only if it's too cold for the grandkids And yes were gonna go buy stuff we'll wait till were there to load up that way we'll support the store.
Have a great time! My granddaughter (14 yrs old) thinks that it's a real hoot to stay at WalMart overnight! We've only done it seven times since 2007 and only twice with her with us.

aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2014, 02:47 PM   #100
Send a message via Skype™ to redwing1
When our son was a WalMart manager he said every overnighter was worth $150 - $175 in store sales on average!

redwing1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:08 PM   #101
When we travel from our home in WI to our home in AZ, we will attempt to book a CG by phone in mid afternoon. I pull a 26' trailer and we are 75' overall in length. Can't always find a CG that can handle us without unhooking, so WM is our alternative. With permission, we will deploy all slides and put the jacks down, usually on wooded pads that we carry for soft areas. We prefer a campground, but it bugs me to have to pay $35-$45 for a spot to sleep for 7-8 hours. No problem at Wally World.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:21 PM   #102

Originally Posted by redwing1 View Post
When our son was a WalMart manager he said every overnighter was worth $150 - $175 in store sales on average!
I can believe that. If the store has a Murphy's out front I will spend that much in gas alone. In addition we stock up on food and any RV supplies that we need such as the black tank additive or new water filters, etc, etc.
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:31 PM   #103

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Differing opinions, but I appreciate the Walmarts we stay at when we only want a parking spot for the night.

Jerry J.
2008 Winnebago Vectra 40TD
2007 Honda CRV
Jerry J is offline   Reply With Quote