Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2014, 05:58 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Storage Questions

In central jersey there are very few storage options for motorhomes. I cannot store at my house, the township limits trailers/boats/rvs to no more than 28' long and 8' wide. My Phaeton exceeds both.

On option is at a relatively nearby RV park, however the storage area is on grass/dirt. Do I have to take any precautions when long-term parking over grass/dirt? Should I put a tarp down under the RV as a moisture barrier?

I'm still researching other options. None will be covered. Some may be on asphalt or concrete.

If anyone knows of storage options in Monmouth County (preferably) or nearby I would greatly appreciate the information.

Thanks
mricet1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2014, 06:15 PM   #2

There is a guy who was advertising storage in the manalapan area on tenant road by the post office. Sorry i cant remember his name but i think their is some heavy equipment and some other rv's there. You may want to take a ride by there.
lowtiderider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:19 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Kadco, Inc.
1214 Route 130 South
Robbinsville, NJ 08691 Phone: (609) 443-1133
Fax: (609) 443-1240
Email: service@kadcorv.com
MoHoGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 02:45 PM   #4

if you run your genny make sure that its not real dusty a friend did rodeo and the dust killed his air filter quickly he now lays a rug down wher the genny exhaust emits to lower the dust.
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 03:05 PM   #5

Not sure you need a tarp underneath , but you should definitely put something non-porous under the tires. Earth, asphalt, concrete will all leach the emollients from your rubber. A good low cost option are the large size, cheap, nylon cutting boards found in dollar stores. Don't use regular wood (like 2x10) as it will allow the leaching as well. Don't forget to cover the tires too.

Rkc02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage