RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2019, 05:52 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Storing your RV

As a full-time RV'er, I hadn't really thought much about storing my 40' Newmar Dutchstar, but it is starting to look like I am going to have to do that for a while to take care of my aging father. To that end, I starting researching the best ways to store an RV with a particular eye on preventing humidity from destroying it.

What I found is probably not a big surprise to many on this forum, everybody has 'the best' solution. Some I thought made great sense and some were just wacky. So I did a couple of weeks of research and put together an article on my blog about properly storing an RV for an extended period of time.

I worked hard to find the most effective solutions to several problems that crop up when storing your RV but I am just one set of eyes. I'd like to ask for your help and get some feedback from anybody that would like to help make the article better.

If you have the time I'd be grateful if you would review the article and leave feedback that I can incorporate into it..with appropriate attribution of course.

https://www.trbowlin.com/2019/12/05/...v-for-storage/

Have a great holiday season!

flyfishidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2019, 06:59 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
Change the front to something easier to read and ditch the peace sign. on being a good son.
Merry Christmas.

Old 12-10-2019, 08:04 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivylog View Post
Change the front to something easier to read and ditch the peace sign. on being a good son.
Merry Christmas.
Thanks. I changed the font...been considering that for a while..the peace sign on the other hand... I'll think about it!
flyfishidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 08:08 AM   #4

The tips are good, the font sucks. Difficult to read on an IPad. Enjoyed the B&W photography too. If digital ever matches film and darkroom for tone and contrast, I will finally put my film gear on a dusty shelf.

✌️brother, and enjoy any of the 60+ holidays in December you care to celebrate!
Old 12-14-2019, 01:21 AM   #5

Well done!
Just a couple of notes:
Regarding trickle chargers, the batteryminder brand of trickle chargers have full time pulse desulfation technology built in. I have one for my chassis batteries and another for my house batteries which do a good job. They're obviously smart chargers that check SOC every 12 hours and adjust charge rate accordingly.

Also, I would suggest a caveat to read the manufacturer's instructions anywhere you mention disconnecting the negative terminal because as an example, my Magnum inverter has a data bus that feeds the control panel and if the inverter negative is disconnected before the inverter positive the inverter searches for ground along the data bus and will fry the control panel and anything else connected to that bus. In this case, not adhering to the correct order of cable disconnection can be an expensive mistake.

I like your logo just as it is with the peace sign.
Sonic is offline   Reply With Quote