Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2019, 01:50 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Stove won't light

We had our LP tank topped off about 2 weeks ago. Tried to light stove but no gas. We have a 2007 Fleetwood discovery. The tank is filled at remote at passenger side rear. No valve to turn on or off, just a emergency cutoff switch. Any advice?
Moco is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2019, 04:04 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Look for a vented panel mounted close to the floor somewhere near the kitchen area of your MH. This is a propane sniffer that cuts off the supply of fuel if it detects the odor of propane. During the filling of your tank, the supply may have been interrupted and all you need do is reset the sniffer. Usually also has a small LED indicator light on it.
RI Expat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 05:02 PM   #3

There must be a valve at tank.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 05:10 PM   #4

Can you light off water heater, fridge, furnace on propane???

The 'remote' on/off switch is due to location of tank.....center of RV and one would have to crawl underneath to attempt getting to the tank valve.

So a shutoff solenoid was installed to be able to isolate propane from tank

Remote panel should have an on/off switch to control the solenoid, a remote 'bleeder' valve and a remote Fill connection

IF ALL propane appliances do not work then the Solenoid is not opening
Either solenoid is bad or switch is bad or you do not have DC to the on/off switch
(Doubt propane attendent crawled under your RV and closed the tank valve.....)
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 05:14 PM   #5

The guy would shut the Emergancy cut off switch. Did you reset it.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 08:57 PM   #6

Turn off the valve at the propane tank, and then open slowly. It sounds like your check valve in the propane tank valve has tripped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moco View Post
We had our LP tank topped off about 2 weeks ago. Tried to light stove but no gas. We have a 2007 Fleetwood discovery. The tank is filled at remote at passenger side rear. No valve to turn on or off, just a emergency cutoff switch. Any advice?
jkpruitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 10:53 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Checked the sniffer and mine has green LED and it is on. There is no reset. I have been under coach - there is no valve to turn at the tank. Yes the guy who filled it simply used the emergency cutoff switch and then filled at remote. We have turned the switch on, - and we can hear the solenoid click at the tank. But still no LP to stove. Now if I bleed it off a bit with the bleeder valve, and then check stove, I get LP and burner will light for a short period. If I repeat this process then I can get burner to light again but it will not sustain itself. Is it possible that air has gotten in system due to refilling? Thanks all.
Old 09-21-2019, 11:03 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
We have not tried any other appliances like heater. will try it tomorrow.

Tags
light