Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2012, 10:08 AM   #1

Stuck in garage

I have sticking rear breaks ,MH stored in side after heavy rains and did not let unit dry out with brakes set and they fused to the drums. (6wks) Roadmaster chassi HRC Endeavor 04 . I do not have room to back-up. Looking for ideas I may not have tried. So if any body has any please let me know. FRONT ARE CLEAR AND ROLL.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2012, 10:10 AM   #2

got room to jack up the rear and put trans in reverse?

Old 11-16-2012, 10:10 AM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to adehaan86
Heat them up. Hit them with rubber mallet. Also you can be some jb spray. That will loosen it, which you will need to wipe off later.
adehaan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:12 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
When I worked at trucking the air brakes would tend to stick occasionally. Especially in the winter. When that happened the quickest way was to crawl under the trailer and tap the brake with a hammer realeasing the brake. You may need to do that.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:59 PM   #5

Take an air jack and raise up the rear end and put the tranny in put it in reverse or you could tap on them with a mallet. Let us know what happens.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:11 AM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Rocking the coach from forward to reverse should break the brakes loose, just take it easy.
blackf3504dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:01 PM   #7

Problem resolved

As stated earlier, coach was set up in garage during heavy rain storm and rain for 3 days before weather would have allowed clean up of outside and unfortunately this was not done, many reasons. 6 wks later and temps in the 40's with high humidity this did not help the situation.
Today the temp was in the lo 70's as was the past day. On the six or seventh time of trying to go forward it finally broke loose. Had put 2 ceremic heaters aimed at the wheels from back side for past couple days and this may have helped..Any how problem resolved and thanks for all the responses. I don't normally put the coach in garage when returning home, from a outing, any how, now I know better especially whan its raining. This is first time this has happen in 30+yrs RVing. I've heard about it but never experienced it personally.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:11 AM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
I don't think putting it in the garage had anything to do with it. Any vehicle that sets will have rust form on the brake drums/rotors. The rain and humidity are the culprits. Glad to hear you have it broke loose.

blackf3504dr is offline   Reply With Quote