Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-29-2014, 09:14 PM   #29

Fleetwood Owners Club
You're an anal planner like me!! But love your LAZY name haha!

In all seriousness, My father in law just told me about all the stuff going on in GA! Kids slept at the school, and there was something like 256 accidents in one day or something like that. WOWSERS, and we missed it all in the lovely 70 degree temps in the arizona desert.... boooo. Sorry for teasing, Im only kidding, I think what you did out on the road for other people is amazing of you to be so kind! God, the universe, whatever will pay you back 100 fold in amazing ways you never thought of.

so what happened next?? I;m ready for an update

RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
2005 Fleetwood Revolution
'12 Chevy 2500HD
'15 Airstream International Signature 27FB
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2014, 03:11 PM   #30
3pm est... Finally made it to Stone Mountain. Normally 5 hours, took 50!
We pulled out of the truck stop this morning at 9am with 100 miles to go. Roads were better but still very iffy. Eastbound lanes of I 20 were still shaded from the sun, so travel was still slippery. Shaded hills and curves especially bad. Once into GA, things got a little better.
With about an hour to go, my wife got a phone call from an unknown number. It was the daughter of the diabetic man that we helped, Tuesday night out on the interstate. She called to tell us thank you and said her father was in worse shape than we knew. She had been on the phone with him, and he was starting to talk nonsense. Out of desperation she pleaded with him to get out of the car and find some food. That's when he found us. She was crying and had my wife crying. It was awful. Anyway she invited us to call her when we came back thru, and they would like to take us to dinner. We thanked her, declined, and only asked her to "pay it forward". As we had already been thanked by evidence of the good hearted ladies at the truck stop that fed us and all of the truckers last night.
As the roads started to melt, my wife commented about how nasty our shiny black and chrome bus was going to be... I told her that if that is the only "battle scar" we end up with on this trip, I will gladly spend the three hours to clean it up.
So... That's it!
Pay it forward folks, because you never know....

Now, back to my anal planning.

2007 Travel Supreme Select Limited
La-Z-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 03:27 PM   #31
I know when things happen like this that at first it's a huge mess and a lot of people get upset, hurt and sometimes die in these situations which is the worst thing that can happen to any of us but it also brings out the best in us, the real caring side the side that makes us help our fellow man. When you take it all away we are the same! I watched on tv and emotions went from sad to mad to upset to happy because I know there is many many good people all around us! Hats off to you Jeff your family and ever person that helped a fellow man! That's a big thumbs up from Ontario Canada!!!!
CAT2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:11 PM   #32
Great post Jeff! Thank you for taking the time to help your fellow man. Speaking for myself, I too get wrapped up in the negativity of humanity from time to time. Not only did you "pay it forward" you treated others as you hope others would treat your own wife and children had they needed help.
God bless you!
Jeff ( you give good credit to the name we share lol)
Jd-mpmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:20 PM   #33

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Originally Posted by La-Z-Boy View Post
Traveling to Atlanta yesterday got into a little ice on I-65 south around warrior AL. Slow go through Bhm onto 20 east. About 6pm traffic stopped for the night. Spent the night in the coach, Center Lane on I20 about 2 miles from Leeds AL. Have since moved about 6 miles to Moody AL to a brand new Love's truck stop. Plan is to stay here until tomorrow morning and then decide to press on or return home. Everyone is exhausted, hungry, tired, and almost out of fuel. (I was on my last 10 gallons of fuel) I could probably write for hours about what we've been through, and maybe later I will. So many stories, so many sights of wonderful people doing great things to help others. We had a few folks that came on board to use the bathroom, warm up, eat, or just visit... Kept "the light on" all night for any and all that might need help. We saw all kinds... Truckers, mothers, children, elderly, even one 70 year old that knocked on the door after midnight and said he was a diabetic and hasn't eaten since lunch, did we have anything for him to snack on. We loaded him down with goodies and he later got a ride. For sure this has been the biggest inconvenience to my anal planning of schedules... But we were reminded about more important things than ourselves. And that despite what you read and hear, there are a lot of good people out there... I saw them first hand... And I am a better person for it - today. Jeff
Great story I loved it on all levels.
tmw188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:42 PM   #34
Jeff...you are wonderful people. As I read your updates I was thinking of my own family and my Dad, who was also a severe diabetic. I found myself choking up at the unselfish kindness you and your wife showed these strangers.
I pray I will never find myself in that position, but if I do....my door will be open.
Bless you...
2sunseekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:19 AM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
This puts it in perspective:

"What we do for ourselves dies with us,
What we do for others is and remains immortal."
- Albert Pike

If you really are sad and think nobody cares, just try missing a few payments ! '11 Monaco Diplomat 43DFT RR10R pushed by a Demco Excali-Bar II hitch which is pushed by a '14 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport.
JohnBoyToo is offline   Reply With Quote