Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2013, 08:41 AM   #113

Been There

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixmanbob View Post
We went camping this weekend with my daughter and family. This was their first trip with a new trailer. All went well until time to leave. Both rigs were ready to go. Theirs was hooked up and running. The kids loaded their two Doxies and closed the door. We talked a minute..they went to leave and the truck was locked. The dogs had stepped on the door lock switch! No spare KEY! After some anguish we thought maybe the dogs could unlock the door...my daughter went to the window and started talking to them. Sure enough they stepped on the button again and unlocked the door! We had a great laugh.
Been lurking a while and only recently signed up. The DW and I intend to buy a Class A sometime in the future and this is great place to learn.
Took the trailer to my deceased parents house in early March. The house had been winterized so the trailer would be more comfortable than a cold house. I was meeting 2 of my brothers to clean-out some of the 40+ years of accumulation. DW made me bring the 10 month old Devil Dog (Chocolate Lab) with me. (don't you just love puppies?) Arrived just as it was getting dark and as I was backing managed to hit a 4x4 post that Pop had used for a bird feeder. This put a small bend in the end of the trailers bumper.
I had the trucks heated on full blast because it was about 28F and I was jumping in and out to check on my positioning. Mocha (the Devil Dog) locked me out! No amount of coaxing could get her to unlock the doors. As a matter of fact she curled up on her bed and went to sleep in the nice warm cab. Luckily I had my cell phone in my pocket (as well as the trailer keys) and was able to call my wife and brothers and arrange for them to meet and bring the spare keys. I fired up the heater in the trailer and waited. 2 1/2 hours (and 1/4 tank) later they showed up with the keys.
I now wind the window down partway to prevent a recurrence.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2013, 09:24 AM   #114

Was home alone one hot August afternoon (in Florida) and decided to clean roof on 13.3' tall fiver. Upon climbing up to the last step from top of a 13' a-frame ladder it started to fall . I quickly got my sleek 300lb 6'2" body on top of fiver before crashing down. Once on the roof I realized no one was home, and my cell phone was in the house. (I live on a dead end street also). So 2.5 hrs. later my neighbor finally came home to save me. . Did I mention it was August in Florida.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:26 AM   #115

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BONE1208 View Post
Was home alone one hot August afternoon (in Florida) and decided to clean roof on 13.3' tall fiver. Upon climbing up to the last step from top of a 13' a-frame ladder it started to fall . I quickly got my sleek 300lb 6'2" body on top of fiver before crashing down. Once on the roof I realized no one was home, and my cell phone was in the house. (I live on a dead end street also). So 2.5 hrs. later my neighbor finally came home to save me. . Did I mention it was August in Florida.
Ouch!
WesinRockies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:07 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by BONE1208 View Post
My Dad did the same thing cleaning the gutters on the SB, summer time in Texas. Luckily he had the water hose to keep him cool.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:47 PM   #117

Ford Super Duty Owner
Chasing my grandson around the MoHo for fun I was looking down at him and my forehead caught the arm of the mirror as we rounded the front. Had a nice goose egg on my forehead for awhile. Not too many weeks after that I discovered the side edges of basement doors are quite sharp when I was crouched next to an open one and spun around and hit my head on the edge. Made a nice gash in my forehead. You already guessed the next one, yup have run into the open slides couple times also. One of these days I'll learn to lead with something besides my head.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:13 PM   #118

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
[QUOTE=scubastevee;

[I]Slowly[/I] pulled the black tank lever and promptly got the nasty stuff all over my shoes, lower pant legs and socks. QUOTE]

But the question is, did you buy new shoes?
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:28 PM   #119

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hochmuth1957 View Post
One of these days I'll learn to lead with something besides my head.
That's a great goal, let me know if it works out for you. I've been trying to learn that myself, and so far the lessons haven't sunk into my thick skull. The sharp edges sure have, however!
Home base near Buffalo NY, often on the road to a dog show
ShapeShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:34 AM   #120

But the question is, did you buy new shoes?[/QUOTE]

They got thoroughly rinsed at the dump station, placed into a sealed plastic bag and I gave them a good washing with bleach and cleaner when I got home. I still haven't worn them yet!

Put my hiking boots on and drove home.

I did do a little shopping for new shoes but didn't find what I was looking for.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:15 AM   #121

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShapeShifter View Post
That's a great goal, let me know if it works out for you. I've been trying to learn that myself, and so far the lessons haven't sunk into my thick skull. The sharp edges sure have, however!
If you learn the secret, let me know.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 06:07 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymaster View Post
I am relatively new to this life style but if I confess all of my mistakes all of the readers will be laughing for the next 20 years.

What I have learned is that is ok to get lost and learning from our mistakes has caused lots of laughter on our part!
We have done some really goofy things but no real damage to our rig or car. We have laughed our way across the USA and we have been lost more times that you can count but that does not deter us !!!! Motor on!!
Old 10-26-2013, 07:34 PM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Tom, I am surprised that it flooded the inside of your Coach like that, did the pressure blow the seal out in the toilet? The water from the full black water tank should of went up the 1-1/2" - 2" vent pipe onto your roof..........I am not telling how I acquired this info.
Me neither!! Thank goodness for good toilet seals!

Van W 2000 Dynasty 36 pulling one Harley
Old 10-28-2013, 12:00 AM   #124

Many years ago we were driving our Class C home from a camping trip. We were traveling northbound on I-5 in Washington State. I saw a 3 foot long 2 X 4 in my lane. I tried to straddle the 2 X 4 but I ran over one end with one of my inside dual tires. The 2 X 4 flipped up and hit the bottom of our Class C. I looked in the mirror and I saw turds rolling down the highway behind us. A car pulled up and flagged us down. I pulled over and he excitedly told me that my fuel tank had exploded. I didnít have the heart to tell him that it was my black tank that exploded.

Safe travels.

JD
Yellowboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:20 PM   #125

A few weeks ago I was getting clothes and stuff put in the DP for a 3 day camping trip. After taking some t shirts , shorts, and 2 rolls of paper towels out , I dropped one roll half way there.
After entering(door in middle of coach) putting away stuff, I exited the coach....thinking ahead I knew I wanted to check the overflow tank for the HydroHot system. This was a cargo door forward of the entrance door. I opened the door so I would remember to check it out.
I went and picked up the paper towels I had dropped, walked back around coach and walked directly into the Hydrohot door corner with my forehead. I hit so hard the next thing I saw was I was on the ground on my back, guess I was knocked out for a few....checked my head and some blood, managed to slowly get up and go to house. Mirror check showed large gash on forehead, and right eye blackening and very red.
Ended up with completely shut rt eye for a week, and a sore head. So, camping trip was canceled and stayed home in a bad mood!
Old 11-03-2013, 09:25 PM   #126

Like this

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote