Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2013, 08:10 AM   #71

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry735001 View Post
at the RV park we where staying at for around 8 months nice park owner keeps the parks grass cut

cutting the grass one day and a new 2012 TT has both water lines in for water to the Rv and black dump tank flush he pulled both lines to cut the grass and installed the water back .. but turned back on the water to the wrong line with a all most full black tank

park owner moves on to keep cutting grass owner of TT is out of town and water stays on over night to TT

nice to say the TT owner was not happy to come home a week latter to hes TT

park owner payed for the fix when i think the TT should have been a tootle loss

any one that likes the T vales and keeps there Rv setup like this keep this in mind
not saying the TT was wrong or the park owner just like to make sure things like this can never happen
I use this same setup with the exception of having a shutoff valve inside the water bay and at the water post, just in case someone turns on the water shutoff valve at the post. Then I will only have pressure to the bay but not allowing water to flow into the black tank.

While backing up into driveway with no one else at home & I didn't want to wait on the DW who was only a few minutes behind me in arriving at the S&B's I decided to back into the parking area using the backup camera & mirrors. I was watching the house get closer & I wanted to be as close as possible, I got as close as possible, as soon as I felt a bump & heard a noise. I of coarse stopped when I felt the bump & heard it on the camera mic/speaker. As I walked to the rear of the motor home I could not for the life of me figure out what I hit. Then as I turned to look up at the house and seen the ladder pressed up against the gutter. My camera does not show the ladder & I completely forgot about it. I did no damage to the ladder & just 2 small dents in the gutter. I got lucky. I pulled up & then my DW pulled in the driveway. I never mentioned any of this to her.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2013, 08:24 AM   #72
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Just going to pick up my coach and bring it home from the mechanic shop. Have to stop at the tire shop first to fix the inside rear tire after some stupidity.

While polishing my Alcoa's with the Mothers Mini Powerball on a drill, I wrapped the valve extension hose from the inner tire around the ball. Probably ripped a hole in the braided line. Lost all the air in the inner tire. What a dough head!

Lets see........Lesson #563 learned........Check!
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:19 PM   #73

Does this qualify as a stupid or dumb incident?

Last night was our first time to arrive anywhere after dark. We had stopped for dinner at Cracker Barrel. We were on the way home when the backup camera became very fuzzy and got a smeared look. Then my wife noticed in the camera what looked like sparks coming from the right side. I slowed to look for a place to pull off the highway and noticed the sparks disappeared when we stopped. We both nearly had a heart attack.
We both went to the rear of the coach and could not find anything smoking, leaking, flat, or wet, so we continued home. When we arrived home I checked things again, and didn't find anything out of the ordinary.
This morning I went to check the camera and spotted dew running down the rear spoiler atop the coach. Ah HA! What we were seeing was water/dew being blown down by the spoiler onto the camera lens. While the coach sat at Cracker Barrel, dew had fallen. The "sparks" were the shiny dots in the center-line.
It appears there is a down-side to having that cool rear spoiler.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:31 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbike View Post
I use this same setup with the exception of having a shutoff valve inside the water bay and at the water post, just in case someone turns on the water shutoff valve at the post. Then I will only have pressure to the bay but not allowing water to flow into the black tank.

While backing up into driveway with no one else at home & I didn't want to wait on the DW who was only a few minutes behind me in arriving at the S&B's I decided to back into the parking area using the backup camera & mirrors. I was watching the house get closer & I wanted to be as close as possible, I got as close as possible, as soon as I felt a bump & heard a noise. I of coarse stopped when I felt the bump & heard it on the camera mic/speaker. As I walked to the rear of the motor home I could not for the life of me figure out what I hit. Then as I turned to look up at the house and seen the ladder pressed up against the gutter. My camera does not show the ladder & I completely forgot about it. I did no damage to the ladder & just 2 small dents in the gutter. I got lucky. I pulled up & then my DW pulled in the driveway. I never mentioned any of this to her.
I did that with our 5er. Neither DW or the insurance company were happy. Damage- to 5er, $3,000 to rebuild rear cap, 2nd story concrete porch, _unscathed.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:35 PM   #75

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newellri View Post
A couple of years ago while returning to IA from TX I hit a truck tire tread and busted some of the dump pipes, unknown to me. The dump station was nasty mess. When I rebuilt the conector is now inside!
I hit an "alligator" with my previous coach and it completely bent the electric steps. I also had black marks 6 feet up the side of the coach! Fortunately a technician at an RV shop was able to beat the staps back into shape with a bal peen hammer, and some wax polish took out the black marks. I will now veer or do whatever it takes to avoid hitting a gator!
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:57 PM   #76

Bought a rv. Then sold it and bought a second one.
Brian313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:08 PM   #77

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian313 View Post
Bought a rv. Then sold it and bought a second one.
I've done a lot worst; I bought an rv. Then bought another one and now trying to sell the first!
michelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:38 PM   #78

You guys are making me nervous with all the mishaps I have yet to experience. We recently purchased our second fiver, all I have managed to do so far is bend a leveling jack because I was too lazy to fully retract it.
RoyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:39 AM   #79

Stupid suff i witnessed...................

I've done lots of stupid stuff, but this one I watched and could do nothing about it.

We were at the Barber Sports Motorpark in Leeds Alabama for the annual vintage motorcycle festival. We work the event, and had our RV near the entrance gate.

The event ended Sunday afternoon, however we and a few other workers decided to stay over after cleanup and leave on Monday morning. As we sat there enjoying the down time, on 2 ocaisions I jumped up and stopped RV's who were headed out with their TV antenna's up. The gate is a toll booth like affair, and they would not have made it through without damage.

It got dark, and as we sat there we heard a large MH coming around the loop road. As it approached us, we were blinded by the headlights, and couldn't see much. However as the coach went buy at about 25 mph, we all at once realized the awning was out!!!

It looked like and explosion, the gaurd in the both was caught totally by surprise, ran for his life after the big bang. The coach stopped 75' past the booth. Serious damage to the side of the coach, and the awning was destroyed, yet hanging from the side. It took 2 hours to get it all off the MH and be road ready again.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:33 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelb View Post
I've done a lot worst; I bought an rv. Then bought another one and now trying to sell the first!
That is the same thing that i did. however i pretty much gave the first one away just because i didnt want two rv payments and i didnt want to sit on it forever while it sold on craigslist. So i listed it as a weekend special dropped the price 2k for the weekend and said in the ad that i wanted it gone this weekend. Some very nice people came and looked at it put money down and asked if i would still honor the price later in the week when they could get the rest of the money. My answer was sure... It was gone by the weekend. Good luck with the sale of your rv.

My neighbors are looking for a rv if you would send the details i would be more than happy to pass it along to them.
Brian313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:15 PM   #81

Put my side in while my cargo door was open under it. Get out the duct tape.
Shell925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:41 PM   #82
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell925 View Post
Put my side in while my cargo door was open under it. Get out the duct tape.
OUCH!
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:58 PM   #83

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
I've done lots of stupid stuff, but this one I watched and could do nothing about it.

We were at the Barber Sports Motorpark in Leeds Alabama for the annual vintage motorcycle festival. We work the event, and had our RV near the entrance gate.

The event ended Sunday afternoon, however we and a few other workers decided to stay over after cleanup and leave on Monday morning. As we sat there enjoying the down time, on 2 ocaisions I jumped up and stopped RV's who were headed out with their TV antenna's up. The gate is a toll booth like affair, and they would not have made it through without damage.

It got dark, and as we sat there we heard a large MH coming around the loop road. As it approached us, we were blinded by the headlights, and couldn't see much. However as the coach went buy at about 25 mph, we all at once realized the awning was out!!!

It looked like and explosion, the gaurd in the both was caught totally by surprise, ran for his life after the big bang. The coach stopped 75' past the booth. Serious damage to the side of the coach, and the awning was destroyed, yet hanging from the side. It took 2 hours to get it all off the MH and be road ready again.

L.
Sad story , but I would have to laugh about it if it happened to me. Of coarse not when it happened but many days or months later. Must have been a site to see.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:52 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdickson View Post
I hit an "alligator" with my previous coach and it completely bent the electric steps. I also had black marks 6 feet up the side of the coach! Fortunately a technician at an RV shop was able to beat the staps back into shape with a bal peen hammer, and some wax polish took out the black marks. I will now veer or do whatever it takes to avoid hitting a gator!
NEVER veer or swerve! Hit whatever is in the way unless it's a person or a pet.

This is what happens when you swerve to miss a deer on I-80 in Wyoming. Guardrail caught the rear end.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-09-04_15-08-46_3.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	181.9 KB
ID:	46482   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-09-04_14-24-10_542.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	193.6 KB
ID:	46483