Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2014, 05:37 PM   #1

Success with water pressure

I would like to thank ya'll for all the ideas to boost my water pressure. 50 is not enough to get a trickle out of these kitchen faucets. I got the valterra adjustable water regulator and finally I have enough pressure in kitchen and my toilet is not filling up so much. It comes preset at 45 but we set it at about 66-70 and now it is wonderful. The pressure here at this campground is really high, about 120 and most folks use a regular water restrictor and have enough pressure, but this 06 hr endeavor needs a little higher than 50 to have decent water to wash dishes. Our shower always was ok but now I bet I have an even better one. It was worth the $56 I paid on Amazon with free shipping.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2014, 10:38 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty years View Post
I would like to thank ya'll for all the ideas to boost my water pressure. 50 is not enough to get a trickle out of these kitchen faucets. I got the valterra adjustable water regulator and finally I have enough pressure in kitchen and my toilet is not filling up so much. It comes preset at 45 but we set it at about 66-70 and now it is wonderful. The pressure here at this campground is really high, about 120 and most folks use a regular water restrictor and have enough pressure, but this 06 hr endeavor needs a little higher than 50 to have decent water to wash dishes. Our shower always was ok but now I bet I have an even better one. It was worth the $56 I paid on Amazon with free shipping.
I never saw your original thread, but just off the top of my head I'd say if 50 psi won't get a trickle and you need 65-70 psi to be good, then you have pipe problems related to flow, not pressure. IMHO

JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:48 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
I agree that you might have a flow problem. Check the faucets for impurities in the screen that could be blocking flow. Check the water pump bulb to see if stuff is in there also. You should not be having a "trickle" at 45-50 PSI. If you haven't changed your water filter(s) that can really create a flow problem. I added a sediment filter directly off campground water supply hose so that all water entering gets filtered. You would not believe how much stuff that filter catches before the carbon house filter.
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:53 AM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
120 PSI.. Rusty you are not at Carolina Landing are you?

(That's where I'm at and that's what they have measured here in the park)
Old 01-24-2014, 09:27 AM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
50 PSI should me more than adequate! I think you've got problems in your water system! JMHO!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:47 AM   #6

We just changed the inline ,and the all coach filter.
Also the Resi. Fridge filter. Made a huge difference.
Was about 7 mos. Old.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:47 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
First, I always use a combination of shore water and on-board water with the coach water pump (maximizes flow). On our Christmas trip, I noticed the "Auto Fill" feature was timing out; when auto fill kicks in, the system monitors the fill rate of the tank, if it isn't filling fast enough, the system assumes there is a leak and shuts down auto fill. With the pump turned off, the water flow in the kitchen was very diminished... So I put two and two together and replaced the "whole Coach" water filter (a 5 micron, carbon filter). All problems solved... I didn't know that the filter should be replaced every 6 months... the filter was 7.5 months old... we now carry spares in the water bay!!
Old 01-24-2014, 08:44 PM   #8

We are in the desert in ca. I have the pressure now at 60 and that is pretty decent for washing dishes. I never have a problem with the shower or bathroom faucets, just the kitchen and this is a new faucet. If I put the pressure above 60 the toilet fills up halfway and that is not good, so I put it down to 60, it is what it is.

Tags
water