Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-04-2014, 11:10 PM   #1
Community Administrator
 
JohnRR's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Marquette, Michigan "Da UP"
Posts: 16,940
Suggestions For A Cable Pass Thru Grommet

I need something like or similar to the grommet in the lower right hand corner of the picture for a 50 amp power cord as well as a water hose so I don't have to keep sticking them thru the floor.

I know at least one unit using it is a 09 Allegro Phaeton 40 QTH but could use the name of others when I start contacting dealers to buy them.

There's a better view of it if you click on the picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wet bay.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	73005  
__________________

__________________
John & Cathy R.
06 Pace Arrow 38L W24
08 14 Lincoln MKX AWD
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2014, 11:24 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
gemini5362's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
I need something like or similar to the grommet in the lower right hand corner of the picture for a 50 amp power cord as well as a water hose so I don't have to keep sticking them thru the floor.

I know at least one unit using it is a 09 Allegro Phaeton 40 QTH but could use the name of others when I start contacting dealers to buy them.

There's a better view of it if you click on the picture.
Call tiffin and ask them. I know that my Allegro Bus uses them for the power cord and for the water hose. Both are on reels.
__________________

__________________
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:53 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
gruelens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,291
My 07 Newmar Mountain Aire 3991 has that exact same fitting for the electrical cord, rear bay drivers side.
__________________
George R. - Fulltiming since January '03
2007 Newmar Mountain Aire 3991
2012 Chevy Malibu LT1
gruelens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:51 AM   #4
Community Administrator
 
JohnRR's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Marquette, Michigan "Da UP"
Posts: 16,940
Thank you both.
__________________
John & Cathy R.
06 Pace Arrow 38L W24
08 14 Lincoln MKX AWD
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:21 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: STETTLER
Posts: 288
Readily available at electrical supply house. They will also have a step drill bit to help easy installation of grommets.
__________________
2001 Peak Kodiak towed with 07 Dodge diesel, ML430, 3 dogs. 1 longtime wife(50 yrs)
POPPASMURF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:37 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Pigman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,939
I'm afraid that what you're talking about is a bit more complex than you might think. The piece you're looking at is called a stirrup. There is actually a cut in the compartment lower stringer and that piece is welded in. Unless you're willing to do this, you may need another plan.

I know this because the welding shop at the Tiffin factory forgot to put one in the proper place when my coach was built. The coach was pulled from station one on the production line, the welding shop put one in where it was supposed to be and the coach was returned to the line. I watched this whole process.
__________________
Pigman
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500 Toad
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:48 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
wa8yxm's Avatar
 
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 22,820
I do not see a grommet in the corner of that photo, just a messed up door seal

This is a portal that goes in the BOTTOM of a compartment

Access Hatch - 5 inch - RV Designer E575 - Compartment and Hatch Hardware - Camping World

And if you navigate to electrical doors and hatches, they have others that are designed to go in a wall, some specifically for power cords.
__________________
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 02:14 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
billyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: bel air, md
Posts: 771
grommet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
I need something like or similar to the grommet in the lower right hand corner of the picture for a 50 amp power cord as well as a water hose so I don't have to keep sticking them thru the floor.

I know at least one unit using it is a 09 Allegro Phaeton 40 QTH but could use the name of others when I start contacting dealers to buy them.

There's a better view of it if you click on the picture.
I would like one of those grommets also, please let me know if you find anything. I will try tiffin also
__________________
09 Winnie 32 h adventurer towing 15 focus
billyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:12 PM   #9
Community Administrator
 
JohnRR's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Marquette, Michigan "Da UP"
Posts: 16,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by POPPASMURF View Post
Readily available at electrical supply house. They will also have a step drill bit to help easy installation of grommets.
I have those back home but I don't think I explained it very well it's more for the ability to be lazy and just open the door pull out what I want then push the cable/hose into the rubber then close the door. The door would also have a weather seal while driving in bad weather not to mention mice control when parked.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigman1 View Post
I'm afraid that what you're talking about is a bit more complex than you might think. The piece you're looking at is called a stirrup. There is actually a cut in the compartment lower stringer and that piece is welded in. Unless you're willing to do this, you may need another plan.

I know this because the welding shop at the Tiffin factory forgot to put one in the proper place when my coach was built. The coach was pulled from station one on the production line, the welding shop put one in where it was supposed to be and the coach was returned to the line. I watched this whole process.
I kind of expected something like that would be a possibility and I'm happy to hear that's the case as it seems it would be better than just stuffing foam in the opening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
I do not see a grommet in the corner of that photo, just a messed up door seal

This is a portal that goes in the BOTTOM of a compartment

Access Hatch - 5 inch - RV Designer E575 - Compartment and Hatch Hardware - Camping World

And if you navigate to electrical doors and hatches, they have others that are designed to go in a wall, some specifically for power cords.
I have them in the floor already but once I get a cable and hose reel installed I'd have to pull out the cable/hose out the open door then go back and thread them down those outlets. As I mentioned I'm trying to get lazy.


Quote:
Originally Posted by billyb View Post
I would like one of those grommets also, please let me know if you find anything. I will try tiffin also
I'm going to try Camping World here in Charleston that is supposed to be a Tiffin dealer and see what they have for input or any other units that might fit the bill. I won't be tackling this project until over this winter but I will post updates with what I find.

I only picked Tiffin because it was the first picture I found on line, and I have to admit it looks pretty amateurish like somebody pulled it out then just stuffed it back in.
__________________

__________________
John & Cathy R.
06 Pace Arrow 38L W24
08 14 Lincoln MKX AWD
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Permanent Wiring Modifications for Cable TV Boxes TrailerFool Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 8 11-15-2014 01:28 PM
Suggestions sought RussOnTheRoad Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports 0 08-14-2014 01:38 PM
Cable tv problems Frankie Z MH-General Discussions & Problems 14 07-31-2014 10:44 AM
2014 MADP coach cable? Zak Newmar Owner's Forum 6 07-05-2014 09:02 PM
Cable TV wire routing? jbstok Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 10 06-09-2014 04:39 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.