Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2018, 07:18 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sclements View Post
And, eeeekkkk - is FL less expensive for taxes on them? We will be moving there in a couple of years . Thanks everycbody- so helpful!

No personal property tax, etc. in FL. The yearly vehicle registration on ours (central FL) is somewhere around $75.00.
You might pay more for insurance depending on where you're moving from.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2018, 07:54 AM   #16

To set your Hershey expectations, I don't remember there being an Essex at Hershey last 2 years. IIRC the most expensive Newmar model was the Mountain Aire.
jerome951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:37 AM   #17

Dons2436,

I am just torn between owning a ten year old mega luxury coach such as Prevost or Newell or having a brand new (yes- not as nice) luxury coach like Newmar or Tiffin. Help me sell this to my husband. He is more interested in warranty, wear and tear, etc. Buying a ten year old coach scares him.

Thanks!

Susie
sclements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:41 AM   #18

Iggy- Your Do not Need list contains items that I want. Why are you against outdoor entertainment, tile floors, dishwasher, and Bunk Beds? Can you give your explanation about these things? Initially, all of these are items that are of interest to me lol!
Old 08-10-2018, 04:54 PM   #19

Quote:
Dons2436,

I am just torn between owning a ten year old mega luxury coach such as Prevost or Newell or having a brand new (yes- not as nice) luxury coach like Newmar or Tiffin. Help me sell this to my husband. He is more interested in warranty, wear and tear, etc. Buying a ten year old coach scares him.

Thanks!

Susie
Motorhomes of Texas offers a 4 year service contract on select Coaches.
Including this Foretravel IH 45.
2013 Foretravel IH45
BigD629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 04:59 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks! How old would we have to get to buy one in our range? I just worry about giving up the options available on the newer coaches , but I am sure most items can always be added!
Even a 5-10 year old Newell will have options that a new 2018 Entegra or Newmar won't have. Just go look at one. It will impress!

I disagree with V3600 in that Entegra is a very nice coach and you will get more for your money. We credit Entegra for pushing Newmar into producing the London Aire with a Spartan K3 chassis at a great price point.

I agree that Foretravel should also be on the list. Great coaches.

Iggy, ditch the Freightliner chassis! Lots of low price point plastic parts and mostly rear radiators. (I had to erase my next sentence)
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 06:14 PM   #21

Thor Owners Club
my thoughts...

If I had the resources, I would not think twice about buying a Winnebago Tour.

My next choice is the Tiffin,

I am not a Newmar fan. Too many people I know have been left hanging by Newmar with issues that come up. For me Customer care goes a LONG way in the sale.

Tiffin has Excellent Customer Care. As long as Bob is running the show. I hope his boys carry on with the tradition. He stepped aside once but came back to right the ship.

Winnebago has a very good product. We love that Tour. Great customer service and you can even go way back to vintage units and find parts. They will be around forever.

Someday, I hope to own a Tour. Maybe just a dream. LOL
Kro1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:01 PM   #22

Living in Alabama, I feel like I am supposed to buy a Tiffin lol! I have heard wonderful things about the customer service, so that is a huge plus. I do wish that the interiors had a more modern feel . I like the high gloss cabinetry, etc. I feel like their interiors are a little outdated, but still beautiful coaches. I haven't looked at a Zephyr, so I for sure will check it out. From pictures, if I could afford any coach- I would pick the Foretravel Realm. That one makes me drool!
Old 08-11-2018, 07:53 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
Florida and Texas are two of the best FullTime states since they do not have an income tax and a 2 year tag will be $150-175. Do not rule out Georgia if you are 62 as $72K/couple is FA income tax exempt...increasing to $130K at 65.

DO NOT take your MH to Fla until you have owned it for more than 6 months or you will pay sales tax a second time. IF AL does not charge properly tax the first year you own the MH and your renewal is more than 6 months off you can take advantage of AL lower sales tax before moving to Fla.

Since you are not buying for 2 years I would skip Hershey and spend a couple weeks this winter in central Florida (Tampa super RV show and even LazyDays) where you can look a hundreds of big MHs...new and used.

I’m glad there are people that buy new making for more used to choose from. The original owner of my “new ride” traded it in on a custom built Newell. Having been in their $1.7 million white and black palace I might give them $500K so I could SELL it at a profit and buy something less sterile. Yes controlling everything on your IPad should be geeky enough (when it works)...how lazy have we gotten? A Multiplex control system (first used around 2006) is difficult enough to fix when it gets its bites in a wad.

OP, there are 4 MHs that use a 10 airbag suspension...Prevost, Newell, Foretravel, and Monaco (Beaver, HR, Safari, Monaco) up until 2012...the newest Monaco’s do NOT use 10. Having just completed a 35 day, 4500 miles shakedown trip in our “new ride” I love driving it on curvie roads or on the Interstates making for 500+ mile days a pleasure as it handles that well.

I could buy any MH made, but I would have to sell some appreciating property to buy a depreciating toy...yes, a toy, not an asset. Like I said, I’m glad there are people that buy new.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 09:00 AM   #24

Highly recommend: Full wall slide. Rear bathroom with mid 1/2 bath. After over 6 years on the road those are the two requirements for my next coach. If it has those, then it is probably going to have everything else I want.
Jake21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 11:21 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
It’s a great country with so many choices as I made sure I had neither of the above in my “new” MH.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 01:55 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake21 View Post
Highly recommend: Full wall slide. Rear bathroom with mid 1/2 bath. After over 6 years on the road those are the two requirements for my next coach. If it has those, then it is probably going to have everything else I want.
Russ Potteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 08:54 PM   #27

Thanks all- I am loving all of your replies!
Old 08-11-2018, 11:59 PM   #28

I would check out Prevost-stuff.com. It has many listings for used Prevost. You can see what you will get for your price range. They also have a Florida show in Feb in West palm Beach with many deals on coaches. The one advantage with a Prevost is that thwy have half a dozen or more service centers around the country. Your converter also may have several locations scattered around as well. Less of a wait for service and parts, so I have read.
beetwo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome, motorhomes