Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2019, 06:46 PM   #1

Sumitomo tires?

Any thoughts on the sumitomo tires?
nathaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2019, 08:08 PM   #2

Sumitomo tires have been used in the trucking industry for decades. They have an excellent reputation for mileage and durability. The only thing I have found is they don't offer a high enough load rating for my coach's front axle in the size required.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:58 PM   #3

I'm running a set of six in 19.5" on our coach. I have about 2,500 miles on them so far. They are a well known tire in the trucking/bus industry. They have a large distribution network for warranty issues too.

I have one that may not be totally round, but it's not bad enough to effect handling or control. I just hear it on some road surfaces (very smooth asphalt).
DryCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 05:49 AM   #4

There have been a few posts on the forum and owners have been quite satisfied with them.
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 06:13 AM   #5

Great thanks for the responses. I put a st on the front yesterday with the balance beads and I felt as if the coach handled so much better. It took about 5 minutes for the beads to settle in after that everything smoothed out. Less steering wheel shake. The old tires were a little out of round.
Old 01-12-2019, 06:46 AM   #6

Have had a set on my Winnebago Journey since 10/2012 and have 2 cross country trips and who knows how many Florida trips and football games ect. ect. and after close to 40,000 miles they still look and preform like new. By the way no balance beads. Would replace them with the same brand in a heart beat. I wouldn't buy a set of the original tires that came on the rig when new, you know the name.
RayJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 06:44 AM   #7

Yep I know the name. The tires on the rear have previously been replaced. I had to do the front again due to being out of round and the aggravation that comes from that. Thought it was the alignment or something else wrong. Had the alignment and front end checked and all is good. The shop put dials on tires told me that was causing the vibration and pull to the right
Went ahead and replaced them at another shop and its amazing how much better the ride was. Less tension in my neck and shoulders driving now. Lol

Tags
tires