Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-18-2012, 06:02 PM   #43
Monaco Owners Club
You better get one. It is like money in the bank.

Dan and Micki (Dogs/Kids) Reece and Zoey
2008 Monaco Knight
micki49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2012, 06:23 PM   #44
We have a Progressive 50A hard mount and I just removed it. As soon as we pick ip our new coach, the Progressive will be installed-- on it's third coach. Don't get much better than that. Mine even found a problem with our local electric coop's high line transformer. We keep the coach plugged in at home and it found the problem the electric company didn't have a way to see.

2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500 Toad
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:35 AM   #45
Monaco Owners Club
We have the 50 amp Progressive EMS installed in the electrical power bay. It comes with one remote display which we have installed next to the EMS so we can tell everything is ok soon after plugging in to a pedestal. The EMS itself does not have a display in it. You can buy an extra remote display kit which comes with a switch so you can switch to display #1 or display #2. It also comes with a telephone style wire that has RJ11 connectors. My wire was too short to go where I wanted my display #2 mounted so I made my own with the proper length. If you make your own, care must be taken when you crimp the RJ11 connectors because this is not a telephone application cable. I believe a telephone cable has the conductors crossed over and the EMS display cable is straight through. However, I can't remember at this point (senior moment!) so it may be the other way around. We have our display #2 mounted in the hallway control panel where all the other goodies (tank monitor, inverter control, pump switches, generator controls, etc) are mounted. It is very handy in that location because we can easily see what the voltages and amperage draws are on each leg of the 50 amp shore power without having to go outside the motorhome. The EMS constantly scrolls through all the information so you don't even have to touch it.
Steve & Niki
2009 Monaco Cayman 35 SBD Cummins ISB 340HP
2011 Chevy HHR Toad
CaymanPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:08 AM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
Originally Posted by ernest917 View Post
Anyone have the Progressive 50amp hardwired unit with the remote display??? If so, where did you mount the remote display???? Inside the RV or in the power compartment???? Having my unit installed Wednesday and need to decide where to put the display.... Thanks....
I have two remote displays. One in the service bay to view immediately after hooking up shore power. The other is located next to my Intellitec EMS unit in an overhead cabinet inside the bedroom. I use that to monitor the amount of amps on each leg that I am drawing from the shore power connection.

There is an A/B Switch kit that you need if you want two displays.

See photos.

Dr4film ----- Richard
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Intellitec EMS-1.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	26236   Click image for larger version

Name:	Progressive EMS Service Bay Display.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	26238  

2002 Monaco Windsor PBT 40Ft. (R HOME) - 30Ft. 2006 Pace Trailer (R JUNK). Trailer Has 06 VUE (R TOWD) 04 Victory Alen Ness Edition (R RYDE). Full-Timer for 14 Yr's BUT now a Part-Timer. Cummins ISC-350 With Banks Power Pack and Upgraded PRXB PacBrake.
Winter Home in Flagler Beach FL - Now Staying in Dansville NY for the Summer.
Dr4Film is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:53 PM   #47
Monaco Owners Club
Ok, just looked it up. The 50 Amp Progressive EMS uses a data or straight cable (not a telephone or crossover cable) to connect the remote display to the display switch. Both cables use the RJ11 connector. The difference is a matter of where you put the wire conductors in the RJ11 connector when you crimp it on to the cable.
Steve & Niki
2009 Monaco Cayman 35 SBD Cummins ISB 340HP
2011 Chevy HHR Toad
CaymanPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:05 PM   #48
Have a surge guard and an autoformer. With the poor electric quality at many of the older campgrounds, especially in the summer with lots of AC running, they are a must.

PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote