Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-08-2015, 04:07 PM   #29

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
BTW keep your receipt. PI warranty apply to original owners (or pay extra). They use the receipt to verify original owners.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2015, 09:51 AM   #30

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
If anyone wants the 50 amp progressive, I have a contact that sells them for $300 shipped. And its the remote screen one as well! Just PM if you need the email!

Works great and its cheap insurance!

Old 11-11-2015, 05:47 PM   #31

Like the AMEX card, don't leave home without it!

2008 Holiday Rambler PDQ Ambassador 360 ISC
2015 Jeep Rubicon
Blue Ox tow Patriot brake
Old 11-11-2015, 08:19 PM   #32

I have heard a lot about Progressive but have never had one. I had a portable Surge Guard that lasted 10 years and died. The Surge Guard in my current Coach is hard wired. I would not be without one. Chose which name you like best and get it. New RV's have too many electrical items that can be fried and damaged. Spending $300 for a 50 amp unit is just the intelligent thing to do. Besides it sure beats replacing the tv's, microwave, refrigerator, etc.
gbburgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 03:32 PM   #33

Progressive Ind. 30 Amp Hard Wired w/ Remote Monitor

I'm new to RVing, so I bought this as insurance for my 30' Fleetwood Flair. It took longer to install because of the tight box that the power cord lives in, but all together- about 2.5 hours. I did not run the remote monitor, it just lives in the box with the EMS. I figure if I have electric troubles, that will be the first place I look anyway. I didn't like the portable, hang on the post model, because for what these cost, someone may want mine enough to steal it. In the power cord box and hard wired in with the door locked- not likely that it goes missing- no one knows it's there. I like that the codes are on the lid, so it's easy to tell whats happening. My only complaint- tiny star screws for the lid. Oh, and the picture is upside-down of the diagram, a little confusing after 2-3 beers, but still doable. I had tightened the EMS to the wall, and couldn't get the lid on. My daughter just happened to stop by, saw the problem, loosened some screws and installed the lid. Tightened it all back up and it's good to go.
Old 11-13-2015, 09:07 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to CFXCH
I agree with all of the "I second the progressive industries unit. It has saved me a couple of times in the last year. A very good unit." Dido
CFXCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 08:19 AM   #35

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowboat View Post
My Surge Guard would take about two minutes to analyze power and allow power to our coach. My PI PT50 takes about fifteen seconds.
The Surge Guard models take less than a second to analyze incoming power and decide it is acceptable.. Then they take nearly 3 minutes (just shy) before they pass it on.

Your Progressive Indistries unit by defalt passes on in fifteen seconds but you can change that to around 2 1/2 minutes as I recall without looking at the manual.

I suggest you do.

here is why.. From time to time we get power "Flickers" this ois a power outage lasting like 1 second or less.. JUST long enough to stop the compressor on your A/C.. once it stops it takes THREE MINUTES before it's ready to re-start.. Re-stargin within the first minute is very likely to stall the thing and damage it,, Enough such starts and a new Rooftop unit is roughly a kilo-buck installed. (OUCH!!!!) don't ask how I know (not how it failed though, different issue).

The 3 minute delay of the Surge Guard is to prevent that.

NOTE Some A/Cs have some delay built in.. But most do not have enough. And in some it may not reset the timer on a flicker.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:50 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
The Surge Guard models take less than a second to analyze incoming power and decide it is acceptable.. Then they take nearly 3 minutes (just shy) before they pass it on.

Your Progressive Indistries unit by defalt passes on in fifteen seconds but you can change that to around 2 1/2 minutes as I recall without looking at the manual.

I suggest you do.

here is why.. From time to time we get power "Flickers" this ois a power outage lasting like 1 second or less.. JUST long enough to stop the compressor on your A/C.. once it stops it takes THREE MINUTES before it's ready to re-start.. Re-stargin within the first minute is very likely to stall the thing and damage it,, Enough such starts and a new Rooftop unit is roughly a kilo-buck installed. (OUCH!!!!) don't ask how I know (not how it failed though, different issue).

The 3 minute delay of the Surge Guard is to prevent that.

NOTE Some A/Cs have some delay built in.. But most do not have enough. And in some it may not reset the timer on a flicker.
I have discussed this in another Thread and was contemplating the delay time on the EMS-HW50C. I think 15 sec. versus 136 sec. During a cold spell thought I would put gen set under load for hour or so.(I am plugged into 50 amp shore) Anyway, after shutting down I notice the EMS was clicking a couple times and threw the code E-7.( Line frequency high). Of course it went back to good codes after that and electricity was at the right voltage and thing were normal. My question is, the monitor board would send the batteries into the absorb charge right away. This I presume needed a little bit of extra power to do this and hence it would throw the E-7 code. Keeping in mind, the EMS did get back to normal operation, but the E-7 code would flash and you would have to unplug from the 50 amp to clear that out. Sooo, I am thinking if I went to the 136 sec delay setting this may not occur, giving system time to settle in and the absorb charge had already went through the initial start up. Clear as Mud? Thoughts..
Old 01-08-2016, 05:37 PM   #37

I installed the Progressive Industries HW50C 50 Amp Hardwired Electrical Management System with Remote Display. It's made in the U.S. (NC) A little over $300 but it's a very good system with a remote readout. Works very well although it was a bear to install due to the configuration of my power area in the MH. It won't connect power to the MH if it is incorrect.
Keep Smiling,
Bob R