Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2015, 07:15 PM   #57

Personally I think you got the answers you deserved. Most engineers would provide accurate information to receive informed precise responces to a particular malfunction. Which I assume you wanted rather than to play guessing games.
I have been on this site for years and will assure you that those that provide accurate complete information regarding a problem will get numerous replies that will assist you in helping with your problem.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2015, 08:57 PM   #58

Been down hill since suffrage.

Old 11-01-2015, 10:43 PM   #59

"I pretty much have no faith in humans at this point. "

Well, I guess if you have no faith in humans at this point, then you'll not need any answers on future questions on your coach since, you won't believe them anyways. Oh well.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 06:38 AM   #60

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearGirl View Post
The reason I mentioned I'm an engineer is people were losing their minds over why I was asking for general bearing failure symptoms without talking about mine first. I wanted clean data. I didn't want to lead anyone in their response.
I understand you feel burned. At least it wasn't for $29k!

My over the top response was to point out that excellence in one area doesn't always translate. Anyone who can afford a MH worth several hundred thousand has something on the ball. There are many here whose talents make me feel very small. While you will always get some chaff when asking questions, the internet is not a controlled environment by nature. This is far and away the most informative and friendly site I'm a member of. It never fails to answer.

Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 09:48 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coma View Post
I understand you feel burned. At least it wasn't for $29k!

My over the top response was to point out that excellence in one area doesn't always translate. Anyone who can afford a MH worth several hundred thousand has something on the ball. There are many here whose talents make me feel very small. While you will always get some chaff when asking questions, the internet is not a controlled environment by nature. This is far and away the most informative and friendly site I'm a member of. It never fails to answer.

GearGirl, Don't take this criticism the wrong way. I understand what you were attempting to achieve but you went about it the wrong way. Everyone Here is on YOUR side, here to help. It looks like you let your conflict with your dealer transfer over to this forum. Don't try to over analyze your problem. Provide the forum with as much clear information as you can and you will receive the best, clear answers form the folks on this forum can provide. People who are on YOUR SIDE. You will be surprised at the amount of help you will be able to get - for free.
Old 11-02-2015, 02:26 PM   #62

Monaco Owners Club
I'm a mechanical engineer.

That says it all. The best response here would have been no response.
Old 11-02-2015, 05:10 PM   #63

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ignore tool is a godsend....
Old 11-02-2015, 06:59 PM   #64

I think mechanical engineers are the ones who design these things and make them impossible to work on.
Old 11-02-2015, 07:06 PM   #65

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomDream View Post
GearGirl, Don't take this criticism the wrong way. I understand what you were attempting to achieve but you went about it the wrong way. Everyone Here is on YOUR side, here to help. It looks like you let your conflict with your dealer transfer over to this forum. Don't try to over analyze your problem. Provide the forum with as much clear information as you can and you will receive the best, clear answers form the folks on this forum can provide. People who are on YOUR SIDE. You will be surprised at the amount of help you will be able to get - for free.
Well Said !
NHRA225 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 07:16 PM   #66

Fleetwood Owners Club
I'm not sure how else to say "experienced RV owners, what are some symptoms of fan bearing failure?"

I'm asking for symptoms of Fan Bearing Failure in a diesel pusher. I'm not asking for opinions. And I'm not going to play to some bitter, cynical, misogynistic jerk.

Either reasonable people can provide simple anecdotal experience for me to note, or they can simply move to the next post. I get the distinct feeling some posters get off on giving people as much grief as possible. Pathetic.
Old 11-02-2015, 07:38 PM   #67

Somebody catching that bearing on the verge of failure (prior to it actually failing) is something I've never heard of. I can't help but think it would be pure coincidence if they did. As an ME, you should understand how long that bearing (which has a fairly high loading I would imagine) is going to keep spinning once it goes dry/into failure mode of some type? An hour maybe? Kind of a narrow window to catch it prior to total failure given the fact the engine is so muffled in our pushers.

For more/better insight, I might try running that question past people hanging out on a Cat forum though? Thinking you might find somebody with more engine specific experience.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:23 PM   #68

I hope this thread dies. You eroded it with your arrogance Gear Girl. Over and out.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:13 PM   #69

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
GearGirl said:
"I have purchased AAA plus RV, as of last week, so all you guys' snide remarks about that are bouncing right off me."

I have that same coverage. So far AAA has paid out $12,000 on my coach for towing and repair when I had an inside rear dual tire blowout on the passenger side of my coach.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:53 PM   #70

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
GearGirl said:
"I have purchased AAA plus RV, as of last week, so all you guys' snide remarks about that are bouncing right off me."

I have that same coverage. So far AAA has paid out $12,000 on my coach for towing and repair when I had an inside rear dual tire blowout on the passenger side of my coach.
Whoa. I didn't know they pay for repairs, too! Good to hear!

Tags
fan