Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2014, 10:45 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Tampa RV show purchase?

Did you purchase a new RV at thr Tampa show? Trying to get some idea of the percentage discount recd. Thanks
Newmar 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2014, 05:12 PM   #2

Tampa show is over till next year, you are late
Old 01-20-2014, 05:16 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncruiser 11 View Post
Did you purchase a new RV at thr Tampa show? Trying to get some idea of the percentage discount recd. Thanks
It depends on a lot of factors. Some $300-$400,000 MH's might generate a 30-35% while a $150,000 MH buyer might be lucky to get 20-22%. It also depends on how bad a dealer needs to move inventory. There isn't any pat answers.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:15 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
After seeing prices posted on units I wonder If "Alice in Wonderland" made the pricing. We saw the New Thor palazzo at Tampa Super Show, list 180 on sale for 157 at show. go to PPL and they have 3 units at 133. Seems like the so-called list price is just a made up number. Each dealers say their MH has additional stuff so that is why they priced units. I use the NADA book to look up prices, then compare to actual price. Look at Loan value, so called wholesale value. Buyer Beware! safe travels... ed
EDALLSAILS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:04 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
The Palazzo can be had for less than that without the show.

My target when shopping is 30%
jimbo2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:09 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDALLSAILS View Post
After seeing prices posted on units I wonder If "Alice in Wonderland" made the pricing. We saw the New Thor palazzo at Tampa Super Show, list 180 on sale for 157 at show. go to PPL and they have 3 units at 133. Seems like the so-called list price is just a made up number.
Agreed, but remember that the Tampa show is just down the road from Disney World. I overheard a salesman saying "The list price is 650, but we are offering a show price of 540. If you want to haggle, we could probably do 475".

It's only worth what someone will pay for it. The "$95" shirt is on the $20 discount rack because nobody paid $95 for it.
TwelveVolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:29 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The answer for me was NO I didn't purchase anything but did see a lot of "SOLD" signs on units. Whether they got a good deal I guess we won't know but it must have been a good enough deal for them to purchase what was sold.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:53 AM   #8

Missed the question, to much tv while reading sorry, and the discount will change based on how unit is selling.

Tags
purchase