Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2013, 10:52 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie13 View Post
Hi all, I just finished scrubbing my 93 Winne Vectra with barkeeper's friend and a white scrubbie so I can put on Zep wet look floor finish. It looks pretty good, but there are a bunch of small tar dots on the pass side that have stained the fiberglass. The top of these spots pops right off, but there is a black stain about the size if a pencil lead left that will not come off. I have tried adhesive remover, paint thinner, bug and tar remover, but no luck. Any ideas???
I don't know weather or not you have a diesel RV or not but if you get some diesel fuel on a rag and whip it over the spots, let it sit for a few minutes it should dissolve the tar and it should wipe clean. I have used it on most any finish or wax and have not had it hurt the finish . If it is tar or asphalt the diesel fuel will take it off........ Alan

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2013, 08:22 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Well I got it off of the white areas by using more barkeeper's friend and a coarser scrubing pad and some elbow grease. Not so lucky on the blue tape stripes, because they are not in good shape anyway and scratch very easily, but it doesn't show too much. Washed it down with dawn tonight, plan to use the Zep wet look stuff tomorrow...

Charlie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:24 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie13 View Post
Well I got it off of the white areas by using more barkeeper's friend and a coarser scrubing pad and some elbow grease. Not so lucky on the blue tape stripes, because they are not in good shape anyway and scratch very easily, but it doesn't show too much. Washed it down with dawn tonight, plan to use the Zep wet look stuff tomorrow...
Did you try the diesel fuel ?
Old 08-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post
I used a product by Turtle Wax called, you guessed it, Tar Remover. It worked real well and did not effect the Finnish. I think I would be very careful using gasoline both for the Finnish and Safety.
Only ribbing here.
Just have to ask since danes-on-tour are on this thread. Will it harm the Dannish?
GoBama84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:16 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Anything that I used that was petroleum based was soaked up fast because the gel coat was almost gone on the sidewalls, so no I didn't try the diesel fuel. Now that the Zep wet look floor finish is on (4 coats), it looks pretty good. I think that I'll put 1 or 2 more coats on for more shine.
Charlie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:27 AM   #20
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBama84 View Post
Only ribbing here.
Just have to ask since danes-on-tour are on this thread. Will it harm the Dannish?
Ha ha!

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote