Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-31-2015, 09:02 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Telephone hook up in 2014 phaeton

My owners manual says there are several telephone hook ups in a 2014 Tiffin Phaeton there is one in the electrical compartment that I hooked up the outside too but can't find any inside can anyone tell me where they are in the Phaeton there is one in the electrical compartment that I hooked up the outside too but can't find any inside

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2015, 04:59 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
One will be in your electronics bay where you'd logically install a DVR or Sat Receiver... Usually one near the bed, usually one in the main living area (I have a different make of motor home so the precise location of mine likely will be of no use to you)

NOTE: These can be used for most any Cat-4 Job.. Example.. If I wished I could pull the Xantrex remote from where Camping world put it, Extend the data cable to the wall and use a standard Cat-4 Cable to hook it up in the bedroom.. Giving me control of my inverter from the bed.

Old 11-01-2015, 02:03 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I have a 14 and there are now phone outlets in my coach - and I don't want or need any either. Pretty much an obsolete concept and no longer installed.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 04:44 PM   #4

I have a 2012 Phaeton and the telephone jack us under the table/booth
CCFROMFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 05:38 PM   #5

There might be one under the dash by the passenger seat.
mahon1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 08:48 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlabs View Post
I have a 14 and there are now phone outlets in my coach - and I don't want or need any either. Pretty much an obsolete concept and no longer installed.
Roger,
The phone jack is handy when you are using Century link for internet only and you want to install a modem. I found one under the computer desk by the table. Couldn't see it because of the printer sitting in front of it. I bet you have the same one.