Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2015, 03:55 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSkyBob View Post
Well, since the only warm body in the shotgun seat is Charlie the Beagle, I guess I'm stuck driving myself. He has very slow reflexes and is easily distracted by some scents.

I am guessing charlie would not swerve to avoid squirrels or rabbits either !
jimmyjnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2015, 03:19 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by mriderLeon View Post
There is another thread about moving the steering wheel and seat and pedals around to be able to read instruments and get comfortable. One of the links in that thread mentioned going to Jeff Danial's YouTube video on 4 point driving. It was pretty funny.

But, on another video, he mentions using the facilities in a motorhome and demonstrates.
Now some idiot is gonna try that for real some day.
I did know a guy traveling to Mexico in his CL C by himself that got up to get something to drink while going along. I said did for a reason, he was severely injured, but survived; only to die of complications a few years later.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 03:35 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Baron View Post
The 350 engine was not available until '69. Those must have been some special hydraulic lifters and springs not to float valves at that RPM. What were they made of, unobtainium? Pulling the front wheels with street tires...let alone on the 1-2 shift? I am going to see when the M-22 was released, but I don't think it was '66. I had the privilege of driving a $3.5 million '67 L88 Corvette last year and they were about the only Corvettes with "rock crushers" installed. Back in the day we campaigned an 850hp A/Gas Anglia with a Hillborn injected aluminum L88 (now known as a ZL-1) engine. I currently have a '69 427 Corvette that I have totally rebuilt and restored...so I know a little bit about early GM muscle.

What does any of this have to do with things we should not do while driving our motorhomes?
Sounds to me like the defense's theory doesn't hold water....

Darned utes......
Johnp292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 03:14 AM   #88

Man Jeff must have Really had to Go !!!!
hardint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 06:08 AM   #89

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My grandson swears he has a friend who put his motorhome on cruise and went to get a beer from the fridge. He almost made it, but not quite. Stupid is as stupid does.
Grey Ghost I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 09:28 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by mriderLeon View Post
There is another thread about moving the steering wheel and seat and pedals around to be able to read instruments and get comfortable. One of the links in that thread mentioned going to Jeff Danial's YouTube video on 4 point driving. It was pretty funny.

But, on another video, he mentions using the facilities in a motorhome and demonstrates.
OMG, lol. no way. If you must drink (anything) and drive, use the wide mouth beer bottles. Plus those extra large handy stop n rob cups work fine also (but don't drink from it afterwards). Use it as an ashtray afterwards. Just push your seat all the way back and stand up. jking as we all are. I don't have one of those "designated hands" to assist with the wheel and wouldn't even try it. I always pull over into some pit stop to take care of business and stretch out the legs. You just never know when that (fart feeling) means something more. lol
Old 09-08-2017, 04:48 PM   #91

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Another good thread, if anyone has any new experiences to add!
Stripe34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 07:59 AM   #92

Geez. And to think .... a person who , after a blowout, asks about a date code on tires and says they were never told about date codes, is crucified and hammered about needing to know these things before buying a MH and personal responsibility and etc. Lambasted in the name of safety. But this is ok? hahahaha

Since you can't be wearing a seat belt and switch at the same time, that's a pretty big picture window to be launched through if there's a sudden jostle or change in motion while you're standing.
matt2525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 09:05 AM   #93

Everyone who drives a motorhome should understand that it's a position of high responsibility. ME? The ONLY driver who drives my motorhome is the best driver that I know. Therefore, whenever my wife needs to go to the bathroom, she goes. And, whenever I need to go, I pull completely off the road, at the next acceptable location. I park the MH, then I go to the bathroom. For us, traveling in a large motorhome is traveling in luxury and CONVENIENCE.
Cloud Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 02:46 PM   #94

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripe34 View Post
Another good thread, if anyone has any new experiences to add!

Someone out there musta tried makin there DEPENDS last longer than their usefull life,come on fess up!!!!!!!

Actually I can't believe this thread is still alive @%%$#!&^ OH sorry, some idiot pulled out in front of me while I was typing this.
These drivers today,just no common cents

Rapid Rick
2013 Fleetwood Terra 35K
rapid rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 09:37 PM   #95

Reminds me of the old saying about old pilots and bold pilots
but there is no old bold pilots .
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 09:52 PM   #96

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamiDav View Post