Originally Posted by dpinvidic
How did you make that happen....?
Did the dealer follow it through for you, or did you have to contact the company directly?
Just curious for future reference.
Follow these steps:
1. call Michelin customer service, press#2 for warranty service.
2. Explain situation (cracking), establish a case # (your phone #)
3. Go to Michelin tire dealer, I used a very large dealer with 12 dealerships locally, sells 50,000 tires (most all to large trucks) per MONTH (yes, per month).
4. Dealer inspects tires, calls Michelin, gives dealership info, gives mileage of vehicle, DOT date code, tread wear depth, and description of cracking.
5. Michelin authorizes reimbursement upon my purchasing tires (if Michelin not available would reimburse another brand), in my case agreed to 75% cost of steers, 70% cost of rears on my 4 year, 9 month old tires (second owner).
6. Order tires, install, Dealer sends paperwork to Michelin.
7. Wait for check. They say 4-8 weeks, took 3 weeks in my case.