Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2016, 08:01 PM   #155

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Yes, they do!
Gas Buddy and Google Earth show me the way, all over the US.

Thanks! I'll check out Costco and see if they are on my path over the next 6 months or so...

KPFulltimers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2016, 08:12 PM   #156
iRV2 Forum Advocate

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPFulltimers View Post
Thanks! I'll check out Costco and see if they are on my path over the next 6 months or so...
Here is the list of Costco Diesel locations. Not many yet but they're adding more slowly.

Costco Diesel Locations

As I mentioned in a previous post, Costco fuel is usually one the cheapest if not the cheapest fuel in any given area. It has top-tier gas if you use gas for the toad and fuel is fresh as it has a very fast turn-over.

Again, those with a PenFed VISA cash rewards card, you do get the 5% immediate statement discount/rebate when using it at Costco fuel locations. It's as good as it gets as far as I'm concerned. I can't always use Costco diesel with our DP but use it as much as possible.

Old 07-23-2016, 03:53 PM   #157

The big truck stops

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPFulltimers View Post
Can't tell where that is...

I use Walmart occasionally but that is a crap shoot most of the time. I am not a Sam's Club or other club member and not sure if the club membership cost is worth it...or do your new fuel stations exist everywhere?

This fuel-up was at a Kroger in Arizona. I get 10 to 40 cents off each gallon with fuel points there and at other places like Giant, fry's, etc around the country. On this stop I had 40c off/gal on 85 gallons.
I'm not partial to certain new fuel stations. Any will do fine.
Easy to get in/out, CLEAN, and beats the TS prices.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 04:00 PM   #158

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
This fuel-up was at a Kroger in Arizona. I get 10 to 40 cents off each gallon with fuel points there and at other places like Giant, fry's, etc around the country. On this stop I had 40c off/gal on 85 gallons.
I'm not partial to certain new fuel stations. Any will do fine.
Easy to get in/out, CLEAN, and beats the TS prices.
My Kroger points card limits the discount to 35 gallons. What kind of points are you using to get the discount on 85 gallons? I need to switch.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 04:13 PM   #159

The big truck stops

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
My Kroger points card limits the discount to 35 gallons. What kind of points are you using to get the discount on 85 gallons? I need to switch.

They don't catch it most of the time.

Old 07-23-2016, 04:26 PM   #160

Quote:
They don't catch it most of the time
Here I thought that "Honesty was the Best Policy"
Old 07-23-2016, 04:28 PM   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
Here I thought that "Honesty was the Best Policy"

Attendant didn't want to hear about it.

Old 07-23-2016, 04:40 PM   #162

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHg View Post
Just got home from a long trip.......I've decided the absolute worst part of our travels is having to stop at the "large truck stops" for fuel. I absolutely detest Pilot, Flying J, Travel America, etc....they are a necessary evil that I wish I could avoid ! Okay, I'm through

Hhg
Okay. I am with you to some degree. They usually cost much more than the local stations and charge a premium for the use of a credit card. But they do have DEF at the pump. My tank is located on the passengers side so this can be a hassle at times. Detest? A bit strong for wording in my opinion unless you are on the East Coast where the stations are old and hard to get into.

I hope your venting will allow you to be a bit more of a "happy camper" on your next trip.

Happy trails,
Rick Y
Rick & Melissa Young & Dawson, 2011 Itasca Meridian 40U, Freightliner XCL, Cummins ISL 380HP/DEF, Allison 3000 MH, 2014 Honda CR-V, SMI AF1, Blue Ox tow equip., TST 507 TPMS, TruCenter steering control, Hughes auto transformer.
Servants On Wheels Ever Ready. Best job we ever paid to do . (full time volunteers)
jerichorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 05:04 PM   #163

I usually find the best diesel prices are at the station on the exit I just passed.
Old 07-23-2016, 05:31 PM   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by chindog View Post
I usually find the best diesel prices are at the station on the exit I just passed.

Gas Buddy.
(Wink-wink)

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1469316684.722379.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  68.8 KB

Old 07-23-2016, 06:41 PM   #165

Look up Truckpath on App Store. List all truck stops and for me truck washes.
Texasranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 08:04 PM   #166
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I stopped using the truck stops for the main reason of excess cost of the fuel. O found that you can get diesel 20 to 30 cents a gallon or less if you get off the highway and go into town. I added an additional 40 gallon tank so that we can run for 2 days of normal travel. Then we will unhitch and look for fuel with jsut the truck.

Ken
Old 07-23-2016, 10:52 PM   #167

Here is my 2 cents:
I spend enough time on the road, with or without the RV, to have gotten used to using the major truck stops, whether to fill up the car or RV or as a restroom break. On my common routes, which are i65, i10, and i75, Loves seems to be slightly nicer and cleaner than the others.

While truck stops aren't always the best, they usually aren't as bad as some of the filling stations that don't cater to truckers. The bigger truck stop chains seem to at least try to have decent restrooms, convenience store, and eating options. I haven't yet run into diesel spills getting in or out of the RV although I have tracked gas into the car more than once. I try to watch where I step whenever I am around gas or diesel pumps.

When home and I need to fill up the RV, there is a Eagle gas station in town that I can get the Expedition into and out of without much effort. It often isn't that much cheaper than the Loves on the interstate but it is only a few miles from the house. The Costco in Montgomery doesn't have diesel and even if it did, I am not sure I could get the RV through the pumps without getting everyone mad at me.

I like the fact that at truck stops I can preset some amount of fuel that is greater than how much I think it will take and they can deal with me pumping less. If the RV is low, it will take $200 worth of diesel and the truck pumps don't take forever to deliver that much fuel. I also don't have to keep resetting the pump. The truck stops also have long handled windshield squeegees that makes it easy to clean off all that glass.

Tom
Also a Ham: my new call is W8TJB
Old 07-25-2016, 05:49 AM   #168

Why I don't love truck stops.
Choose wisely my friends

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1469447361.396458.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  65.3 KB