Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2016, 08:38 AM   #197

this is the best ; no problems here either. There are unpleasant people on both sides and you just deal with it , easy peasy. Dont forget your dash cam !!!!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2016, 09:53 AM   #198

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
[QUOTE=C&SL;3200644]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtwallace View Post

X 3 - Correct it's my attitude. Some A-hole trucker cuts me in what he figures is his fueling area because he thinks I'm going the wrong way gives me an attitude!

Old 08-09-2016, 10:16 AM   #199

Solution: sell your DP and get a 40+ 5th wheel and a diesel truck. I added a 91 gallon tank to the bed. I fuel up by first setting up camp and unhooking then I go to any gas station of my choosing. There's usually one nearby and the price is usually cheaper also. No more hassles at the truck stops since I never have my trailer with me.
V3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 11:08 AM   #200

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by V3600 View Post
Solution: sell your DP and get a 40+ 5th wheel and a diesel truck. I added a 91 gallon tank to the bed. I fuel up by first setting up camp and unhooking then I go to any gas station of my choosing. There's usually one nearby and the price is usually cheaper also. No more hassles at the truck stops since I never have my trailer with me.
Well that only solves my beef with a few truckers. I had a beautiful 2014 40 ft fifthwheel and 2014 dually up until we traded May of this year, and I'm not going back to that. It had its own set of aggravations, starting with having to drive a dually everywhere once you get there.
Old 08-09-2016, 11:21 AM   #201

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
[QUOTE=mpierce;3200425]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtwallace View Post

You think truckers, who work LONG hours, and are governed by Hours of Service, appreciate it pulling into the rest area at night, and it is FULL of RV's, so that they have no place to get required sleep? And there are two campgrounds at the next exit, that truckers CANNOT use, but the RV's can?
At least on this last trip, I didn't see this to be the case at all. I-80 has dozens of parking areas that are limited to trucks, many which are huge parking areas away from the highway for overnighting so they don't have to use the rest areas. They had trucker pull-offs, trucker chain-ups, etc. It was me that felt like the only option I had was a campground, and the truckers had all tax dollar real estate.

I agree with you that the rest areas are a madhouse, especially when some silly beneficial ride-a-thon decides to host a free coffee and cookie stand which makes a real mess out of a already overcrowded rest areas. I have my own restroom, so I don't impose myself on the only areas others have to get to a restroom.

Let's just say that the trucking industry is booming so we can order Kleenex through Amazon Prime and have it delivered to our front door instead of going to the store ourselves, and the country infrastructure isn't ready to handle the additional trucks. I-80 was a river of trucks, each one fighting the other to pass to gain that extra 0.5 mph they have on their cruise control, and the trucks stops had lines 2 trucks deep to get fuel, yet the railroads are going bankrupt and the retail stores are hurting because we are too lazy to get out of the chair to go to one.

How's that for a rant
Old 08-09-2016, 12:04 PM   #202

I used to drive a truck and learned the correct way to fuel my vehicle at a truck stop. I now have a 42ft MH with a 23' trailer. I wouldn't even try to get in and out of the Rv lanes. I always fill up and then pull forward to pay and if I am going to be inside for any length of time I park my rig. I have never had a problem with other truck drivers. I did have a problem at a QT in AZ trying to get my $.08 back as I don't have to pay road tax. The woman behind the counter had no clue even though every pump had a sticker on it stating the discount. Found out they had an RV pump designated but no signs leading to it and it had the small nozzle, I fill 150 gallons and that nozzle takes forever.
Old 08-09-2016, 01:31 PM   #203

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom Ant View Post

How's that for a rant
That was an excellent rant!
exgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 01:51 PM   #204

Rexhall Owners Group
I was pleased when they announced the construction of a Flying J here in my small home town. I knew RV lanes would be to much to hope for. Then I watched in dismay as they poured high concrete curbs to direct the traffic for the fuel islands in front of their store that limit the access to small vehicles only.
Bob
Bobb.25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 01:58 PM   #205

Monaco Owners Club
[QUOTE=Atom Ant;3200778]
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&SL View Post

X 3 - Correct it's my attitude. Some A-hole trucker cuts me in what he figures is his fueling area because he thinks I'm going the wrong way gives me an attitude!
Have a good day!
Attached Images

C&SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 02:54 PM   #206

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
[QUOTE=C&SL;3201116]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom Ant View Post

Have a good day!
I hate that saying
Attached Images

Old 08-09-2016, 11:23 PM   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by exgman View Post
That was an excellent rant!
I think you'll be ready for congress soon.
Dtwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:29 AM   #208

Monaco Owners Club
15 pages of reading and I think I have it all figured out...

Truck stops are generally more expensive and dirty. However, they are easier to maneuver in.
Some people love that. Some people hate it.

Traditional gas stations are generally cheaper and cleaner. However, they sometimes can be a challenge to maneuver in.
Some people love that. Some people hate that.

Some people like truckers. Some people hate them.

And finally, some people are just mad about everything.

Got it!!
relaxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:08 AM   #209
WDW

Yup.

2016 Coachmen Mirada 35 BH
2015 Jeep Roadmaster AT. tow bar with RVI2 supplemental.

Taking in the sight wherever our Trolley takes us...
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:15 AM   #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxn View Post
15 pages of reading and I think I have it all figured out...

Truck stops are generally more expensive and dirty. However, they are easier to maneuver in.
Some people love that. Some people hate it.

Traditional gas stations are generally cheaper and cleaner. However, they sometimes can be a challenge to maneuver in.
Some people love that. Some people hate that.

Some people like truckers. Some people hate them.

And finally, some people are just mad about everything.

Got it!!
You need to add that the RV lifestyle might not be right for everyone if they are so miserable on the road.