Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-28-2013, 07:33 AM   #29
Don't listen to that "Monaco" tech. Monaco still maintains a tech line and parts line where they can tell you most of what was installed in the Motorhome. I called them a few years ago for the turn signal switch for a 97 Imperial and received the correct one right away. I had a problem with my radiator fan system and they sent me the priority valve with no problem. They even had all of the radiator hoses in stock for my Motorhome. As someone said, other than the body parts, most of the Motorhomes use the same systems and almost everything is available either new or used. Look at Monaco's around 2004-2006. Pre 2007 emission systems and still quality coaches. Enjoy the search. Find one where you like the floor plan and then pay an inspector to look it over. Have the oil and trans fluid tested and ask for any receipts that may have come with the Motorhome.

slemnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2013, 07:51 AM   #30
Monaco Owners Club
Keep the faith, we had a list of "must haves", KS bed, large shower, dinette vs booth etc.
After 2 yrs of looking on line AND at dealers whenever/where ever we vacationed, we found our used MH in California. Over 2500 miles from home.
Beaver is no longer in business and we have not had any trouble finding parts etc..

The Girls & Newman
42' 2005 Beaver Patriot Thunder
cfyanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:37 PM   #31
Monaco Owners Club

Good luck with your search for your first coach and welcome to IRV2. Check out PPL Motorhomes in Houston. Lots of coaches on consignment. They have a good website with lots of pictures and they show the floor plans. Good way to check out different floor plans. As others have said, make a list of your preferences. For us we much prefer a queen bed, we don't need a king and it gives more, much needed, room in the bedroom. I very much prefer the side radiator. Being able to change the fuel filters, serpentine belt, etc. in 5 minutes rather than crawling under the coach is worth it to me. Also makes major engine work much easier if ever needed. I also would not be afraid of an "orphan" coach. One made by a company that is out of business. All of the chassis parts, engine, trans, suspension, brakes, etc are all still being made and supported by those manufacturers. Also, the appliances, A/C, furnaces, etc. etc. are all no problem. Body parts are really the only thing specific to a particular coach and those should all be available from a salvage yard if ever needed. Some people do shy away from an orphan coach so those prices can be very attractive. Good luck in your search.
Charlie & Olivia- Denton, TX, 08' Monaco Dynasty Squire IV, Cummins ISL 425, Blue Ox, M&G, Rubicon
"The road goes on forever and the party never ends"
chuck49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:39 PM   #32
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We bought ours at Camping World on the north side of Chicago, I think the town is called Island Lake. We got treated good and feel that we got the deal we wanted. That was about 3 years ago so things do change but they did have a lot of MH's there Jim.
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP3569 330 CAT - Toad Jeep Liberty, DW is the Nagivator. Work to travel and everything revolves around the price of diesel.
rvjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:43 PM   #33
Check out Camping World RV sales online. If you find a MH that fits your list, call about it for more information. They stand behind their sales, did for us anyway. After the sale I discovered the step-cover didn't work properly. They checked and some parts were completely missing, the previous owner had removed them because they failed and he refused to spend the $1,500 for parts+labor necessary to replace them. I contacted the sales manager, who immediately said bring it back and we will repair them to OEM operating condition at our expense. BTW, it was a consignment unit.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:37 PM   #34
I also bought consignment unit last year from camping world Chicago . They fixed everything that I asked was reasonable. Had good experience
2015 Ace 30.2
2009 Porsche Cayman
1981 Hondamatic
Mahakal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:19 AM   #35
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Best in your search.
Here is a good search tool also: Motorhome Finds - every used motorhome for sale!

'08 Bounder 38S, '12 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Happy trails,
Rich & Margaret, Shih-Tzu's 'Tinkerbelle' & 'Annie'
mevman is offline   Reply With Quote