Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2013, 01:17 PM   #57
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Love it. How did you move the wiring? The makes many floorplans we rejected move to the maybe list!
See post #52 above for a description of wiring changes.
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2013, 07:53 PM   #58

Monaco Owners Club
NICE!!!
iahsatcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:16 PM   #59

Head Banger

I have one of those in my Winnebago. Nice conversion and great idea to place your TV behind a sofa. Another project!
nieders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:52 PM   #60
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nieders View Post
I have one of those in my Winnebago. Nice conversion and great idea to place your TV behind a sofa. Another project!

Thanks Mike! Good luck & God bless!
Old 04-27-2013, 05:33 PM   #61

Monaco Owners Club
Beautiful job Joe!
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #62

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Very nice...

That's a great look up front...

Nice Job..!!..

Nike
Nike Holley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:58 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
The MH is not here right now for me to measure it, but I think is was about 6". The lift mechanism is bolted to the wall. I had to put a board behind the lift to get it out from the wall enough to clear the window blinds above it as it raises.
This TV Lift from only $780 - Linear Actuators, Linear Motors, Micro motors, Electric Motors is the place where I got the lift. I did a lot of research to find the best price and one that would not require so much depth. I got the FA-TVL-170-24-36 which they had on sale for $540. I wish I had bought the model with only 30 inches of lift instead of 36 but it would have been almost $300 more at that time. Now they are the same price. The 40" flat screen I bought was only 24" tall, so the 30" lift would have been more than enough. The 30" lift (FA-TVL-170-24-30) is several inches shorter and would be more hidden behind the couch. BTW, their price, even the non-sale price, was FAR less than anything else I found that would do the job!

The sofa was snug against both ends but was no problem to remove the lag bolts holding it to the floor and slide it forward. It is a hide-a-bed but that presents no problem with the TV installation.
I have been working on replacing my front mounted TV and the Lift that you installed may be the answer. I was unable to find the 30" lift on the the web site although it is listed on the page with the details on the 36" lift. I will follow up with them on the 30" lift and check my set up in the coach to see if this would work. My plans are to install it on the other side of the coach form my couch. There is no slide on this side and only a small desk that I could rework and build a cabinet to hide the lift. Here is a picture of the area, the recliner and stool are moveable so that is not an issue and the TV would raise up in the window area. I am excited to check this out and will post what I come up with. One question how does the TV and Lift handle driving in the stowed position. In other words is it stable without rattling and shaking.

Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	AS-recliner.jpg
Views:	784
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	41767
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by NITEHAWK View Post
RVBUNZ, I altered the overhead 13" TV cabinet somewhat like yours but I put in a solid piece of oak (relieved along the top back edge). Our '89 Foretravel has the slanted windshield, the cabinet doors on each side of the old opening swing up to reveal the DVD player on one side and the DirecTV box on the other. We wanted a larger, 32" LED TV up front so I mounted two aluminum rods on the back of the set, bolted a piece of 1.5X1.5x.125 aluminum angle on the top so it would hook over the relieved board. When we are traveling the TV lays on the bed.
Headbanger is gone, no problems with vibration, no problem with having to alter anything overhead-thru the ceiling. A ceiling swingup would have been nice but headroom was a consideration. When we are home I just disconnect the umbilicals and carry the TV into the house and into my office. Works great!! (no pics now as coach is stored 17 miles away)
You got any pictures of the hanger you mounted on the rear of the tv.
would love to get rid of the ole tube set and get the 40" flat out of storage...

2015 Chevy 2500HD 4x4,2008 Crossroads Cruiser M29CK, 2008 HD Ultra Classic Trike
pddgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:27 PM   #65
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by adonh View Post
I have been working on replacing my front mounted TV and the Lift that you installed may be the answer. I was unable to find the 30" lift on the the web site although it is listed on the page with the details on the 36" lift. I will follow up with them on the 30" lift and check my set up in the coach to see if this would work. My plans are to install it on the other side of the coach form my couch. There is no slide on this side and only a small desk that I could rework and build a cabinet to hide the lift. Here is a picture of the area, the recliner and stool are moveable so that is not an issue and the TV would raise up in the window area. I am excited to check this out and will post what I come up with. One question how does the TV and Lift handle driving in the stowed position. In other words is it stable without rattling and shaking.

Thanks

Attachment 41767
Don, it is very stable in the retracted position. There is no noticeable slack in the mechanism. I think you will be very happy with it. Looks like you've got a perfect place to put it!
Old 07-21-2013, 05:21 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Don, it is very stable in the retracted position. There is no noticeable slack in the mechanism. I think you will be very happy with it. Looks like you've got a perfect place to put it!
I ordered the TV lift on Friday and I have started the remodeling of the small stand and will build a narrow enclosure along the wall under the window for the lift and TV. My workable height where the small stand is 25" so I went with the 25" lift. The 42" TV that I am looking at is around 23" high so that should work out fine. I am going to try and match the Hickory wood trim in the coach to build the enclosure and have a opening on top that will raise when the TV is lifted in position. I know I will enjoy the TV more in this position at eye level and I can't wait to get that head knocker cut back to save my poor head but to also open up the view in the front window.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:07 PM   #67

All the mods look great! (Not you moderators, sorry).

I'm a little stuck on my options unfortunately. With the design of that area on my Triple E the best I'm going to do is remove that old TV and place some storage area there. I'll still have the headbanger but at least the old TV will be gone. Although the extended headbanger below I can remove and will replace with a newer backup monitor mounted elsewhere.

Here is what I've got to work with.
Raist11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 05:57 PM   #68

Quote:
I ordered the TV lift on Friday and I have started the remodeling of the small stand and will build a narrow enclosure along the wall under the window for the lift and TV. My workable height where the small stand is 25" so I went with the 25" lift. The 42" TV that I am looking at is around 23" high so that should work out fine. I am going to try and match the Hickory wood trim in the coach to build the enclosure and have a opening on top that will raise when the TV is lifted in position. I know I will enjoy the TV more in this position at eye level and I can't wait to get that head knocker cut back to save my poor head but to also open up the view in the front window.
The TV lift arrived and I have been playing around with it, works great. I have the new Cabinet stand with the extension going down the wall under the window roughed out and I was able to reuse some trim and molding that was already on the wall under the window so the front of the extension where the TV will be be should match. I found some Hickory boards here locally and I am just about finished with the top and the door that will open when the TV lift raises. Hickory is a hard wood and not that easy to work with but I was able to edge bond 3 pieces with glue and clamps together to make a wide enough top. I am sanding everything now and I then will cut out the door and stain and varnish to match my existing wood and it should like it came with the coach. At least that is what I hope. I will send pictures after I get a few more things put together.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:35 AM   #69

Help

I have all the stuff to replace my old boat anchor TV but for the life of me I can't figure what holds the old one in. No screws bolts anything showing. This is on a Newmar 2007 3642 Canyon Star.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:56 PM   #70

Quote:
The TV lift arrived and I have been playing around with it, works great. I have the new Cabinet stand with the extension going down the wall under the window roughed out and I was able to reuse some trim and molding that was already on the wall under the window so the front of the extension where the TV will be be should match. I found some Hickory boards here locally and I am just about finished with the top and the door that will open when the TV lift raises. Hickory is a hard wood and not that easy to work with but I was able to edge bond 3 pieces with glue and clamps together to make a wide enough top. I am sanding everything now and I then will cut out the door and stain and varnish to match my existing wood and it should like it came with the coach. At least that is what I hope. I will send pictures after I get a few more things put together.
I am making progress, I have the new cabinet attached to the side under the window and the TV lift is installed. I finished the Hickory top and door is attached with a piano hinge opens and closes when the TV lift raises and lowers the TV. It looks good. Today I finished routing the coax cable from the compartment above the drivers seat across the front concealed behind the overhead and cabinet areas. Then down the side over the door behind the curtain valance and down to the new cabinet. That was a job, but the cables are all concealed and everything above put back in place. I will be moving the Dish receiver and the the Coach switching box to the new cabinet and I ran 4 separate cables which should give me a spare or two. Pictures to follow tomorrow, just ran out steam today.