Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2019, 04:41 AM   #29

if, after all the jerking around by the dealer, you still are interested...

do not agree to any deposit.

nor any lot fee payment .

no further discussion till you see the results of his 112 inspection.

then, advise you will have your own inspection done and state the cost...
and you need a check from him for half made payable to the inspector up front.

and that if you do buy the coach, following the inspection, that you both have paid for, then you will add the other half of inspection cost to the purchase price.

if he says no, then no-go.. and since dealer paid for half the inspection, he deserves a copy of the inspection that he partially paid for and he can use to help sell it to someone else!

or buy from a jerk who's not trustworthy and take your chances!
rockriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2019, 12:37 PM   #30

Rv

Never want something you cant walk away from. This guy will find a sucker but dont let it be you. Their are plenty of good dealers out there. Keep looking.
oldsman41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 06:45 PM   #31

When we were looking at CC Magna's the one thing that stood out was the different layouts on the interior. Seems almost each one was built with the design/input of the buyer. I think that's the reason for the "strange" stuff on that one. I have no idea what that slide looking thing might have been. But many had desks and small office built-ins in them. That's the first one I can remember without storage cabinets hanging from the ceiling.
Roadmiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 06:27 AM   #32

Tiffin Owners Club
Run as fast as you can from this dealer!
I got into a similar situation and bought my 2007 Allegro anyway. It was a nightmare all the way and I am still repairing items.
If I could do it over I would have walked after the first 20 minutes talking to the salesman. Should have trusted my 'gut feeling' and kept looking elsewhere.
btolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:17 AM   #33

In looking at customer reviews on birdseye website regarding this dealer you will find several negative reviews citing unethical business practices and in at least one case involved police involvement because the situation became so volatile. I would not consider purchasing an RV from this establishment under any circumstance.
Coosaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 01:16 PM   #34

Thanks everyone..
I told the dealer I would pass.
I've since moved on and found this Gem.

Sending out an inspector this week to get it all checked out.
Fingers xrossed
Burner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, country coach