Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2015, 09:48 PM   #57

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
what are the dates...
4/10 - 4/12
Fri - Test and Tune
Sat - Qualifying
Sun - Eliminations and Finals

Roadmaster Blackhawk 2, RVI2 Brake System
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2015, 09:58 PM   #58

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I'm not able to keep up with you guys, but I have been to riverdavesplace a time or 20.

Have fun & be safe.

Old 04-03-2015, 04:59 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam60 View Post
I'm not able to keep up with you guys, but I have been to riverdavesplace a time or 20.

Have fun & be safe.
do you boat?
Old 04-03-2015, 06:13 PM   #60

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
do you boat?
Yes, but just an ol' slow cabin cruiser.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:30 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam60 View Post
Yes, but just an ol' slow cabin cruiser.
a boat is a boat... what ever you like to float.....have you try'd different shocks?????
Old 04-03-2015, 08:47 PM   #62

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
a boat is a boat... what ever you like to float.....have you try'd different shocks?????
The trim tab shocks are good and the big old heavy girl will do 37 MPH.
I'm pulling it up front tomorrow to get it ready for sale.....second happiest day. Future boats will be rentals.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:19 PM   #63

Why did I buy a class a mh? Ever since I was a child I was always fascinated with these and told myself I'd be buying one someday. It was my dream. I would stare at them while our dad drove us (three boys) in our cars to go camping and just admire them. While sleeping at campsites either in a tent or a cabin I would always be dreaming and thinking about my MH that I would have someday. I finally got one and its almost paid for, lol. There is no better way for camping IMHO. Dreams do come true folks. Thankfully I live in a state that doesn't tax it like a home. Just saying. Tks for letting me vent. /Mikey
Old 04-16-2015, 05:25 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikensallyt View Post
Why did I buy a class a mh? Ever since I was a child I was always fascinated with these and told myself I'd be buying one someday. It was my dream. I would stare at them while our dad drove us (three boys) in our cars to go camping and just admire them. While sleeping at campsites either in a tent or a cabin I would always be dreaming and thinking about my MH that I would have someday. I finally got one and its almost paid for, lol. There is no better way for camping IMHO. Dreams do come true folks. Thankfully I live in a state that doesn't tax it like a home. Just saying. Tks for letting me vent. /Mikey
thanks for posting... good read
Old 04-16-2015, 05:53 PM   #65

National RV Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
people sell there homes with nice yards to hit the road... this is how they end up...

I think it's driv'n by boredom and loneliness...

when ever we visit a rv park... some of the coaches would take 8 hrs just to load up the junk on the patio
If I ever drive into a place like that, just shoot me.
LakeKerrGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 04:46 AM   #66

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
At 36' our Class A limits us at times when it comes to staying in some remote parks, and a few of the less traveled roads that offer pristine scenery. The upside is room for storage and living space. If you choose your RV parks well and your routes to desired destinations a Class A makes for a relaxed and comfortable experience. I'm over 60. I don't sleep in tents anymore and even the best of cots aren't comfortable. I can still cook over a campfire, or sit around it to keep warm after dark while sipping a whiskey or two with friends, or folks I've just met. The wife is happy with it so that makes it all the better for me. Class A's are the way to go IMHO.
'97 Pace Arrow Vision 36 with Tag Axel, Ford 460 with Banks Power Pack. 2000 Jeep Wrangler Toad, one miniature schnauzer that rules the roost and a wife that enjoys traveling. Retired FTCS (SS) USN and loving it. FMCA#461483
Shaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 06:52 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaky View Post
At 36' our Class A limits us at times when it comes to staying in some remote parks, and a few of the less traveled roads that offer pristine scenery. The upside is room for storage and living space. If you choose your RV parks well and your routes to desired destinations a Class A makes for a relaxed and comfortable experience. I'm over 60. I don't sleep in tents anymore and even the best of cots aren't comfortable. I can still cook over a campfire, or sit around it to keep warm after dark while sipping a whiskey or two with friends, or folks I've just met. The wife is happy with it so that makes it all the better for me. Class A's are the way to go IMHO.
Enjoy life nice post
Old 04-17-2015, 08:56 AM   #68

I got my first one to be a tow vehicle for the motorcycle trailer. I wanted a big block for the hills and got the shortest I could find. Then I started racing the dog also (yes it is a disease ).

I wish the new one could have been shorter but I REALLY wanted two air conditioners and finding a short used one with dual air was hard. During dog racing we are inside all day and it was easy to cool in the evening with one. During bike racing I come in ringing wet and one air conditioner on the pavement in the pits will just not keep up with the Alabama sun. Still ironing bugs out of it (used '03) but am looking forward to extorting my fellow riders for A/C access this summer
Old 04-17-2015, 11:24 AM   #69

More room & no more wet tent

Stacy and I started out in a tent back in 1981, moved to a camper shell, rented a popup and moved to a truck camper. All the while when we would be at a gas station traveling we would see the class "A's" fueling up. We would look at each other and say" One of these days" Well last year we bought our "new to us class A" ,Quite a step up from our Lance cabover truck camper. WOW! when we got it home,rolled out the slides and sat on the sofa we just couldn't keep from grinning. We could have put the old lance in the living area if it was turned sideways. All the way to the Grand canyon last year we would look over at each other and grin. Hell Yeah check another one off the bucket list, life is good!
So I guess the reason was for"more room" and "weather isn't a factor any more". Even better we have a son to travel with us along with our fur baby Dutch. We are truly blessed, thank you Lord!
Hopefully 2 more years and 80 points we will be hitting the road for extended time periods. Hope to meet some of Y'all on the road.
Mike
Old 04-17-2015, 11:59 AM   #70

Hi all, my first post here. Have been watching this forum for about a year and have gained some very valuable info. The wife and i are retired we had always wanted a motor home and bought a class c because we thought it fit our wants and needs. It was a nice unit, but it didn't take long to realize wasn't for us. The dogs didn't even like it. So about a year ago we started looking and we tried several models and finally bought a National Dolphin 36 ft. We are so happy with this unit and even the dogs are more comfortable. This spring i installed a residential reefer and just waiting for good weather to go.

Tags
class a, motorhome, motorhomes