Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2016, 07:03 PM   #281

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It's been interesting to watch this ...

... most of the time.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2016, 09:13 PM   #282

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
I can pull the hill from the auto mall to horizon at 70mph
Good for you! And I'll pass you at the next fuel stop as you're refueling!

Old 05-24-2016, 10:25 PM   #283

Folks, we are still being trolled...
Old 05-24-2016, 11:27 PM   #284

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich-n-Linda View Post
Folks, we are still being trolled...
Old 05-24-2016, 11:31 PM   #285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_the_Rhod View Post
Good for you! And I'll pass you at the next fuel stop as you're refueling!
LOL...I got 8 mpg with my 350 cat, 9 mpg with my 300hp... and I can get 8.5 with the 6speed v10
Old 05-25-2016, 06:18 AM   #286

Quote:
LOL...I got 8 mpg with my 350 cat, 9 mpg with my 300hp... and I can get 8.5 with the 6speed v10
Once again, "Good for you!"

I have a friend who's coach ALWAYS gets 2 to 3 mpg better than we do. I'm happy for him! Funny thing, is that when we're traveling together, and getting fuel together, with no generator or aqua hot usage, he's consistently getting that same 2 to 3 mpg better economy than I am, however he always seems to pump more fuel at each stop than I do! Funny how that happens isn't it? Still, I'm happy that he's getting that 2 to 3 mpg better fuel economy! . . . .

As stated several times in this thread, the bottom line is buy what you need, what you can afford, what works for you, USE IT, and ENJOY IT! After all, that's what these rolling houses are for, right?
Old 05-25-2016, 07:24 AM   #287

Quote:
Once again, "Good for you!"

I have a friend who's coach ALWAYS gets 2 to 3 mpg better than we do. I'm happy for him! Funny thing, is that when we're traveling together, and getting fuel together, with no generator or aqua hot usage, he's consistently getting that same 2 to 3 mpg better economy than I am, however he always seems to pump more fuel at each stop than I do! Funny how that happens isn't it? Still, I'm happy that he's getting that 2 to 3 mpg better fuel economy! . . . .

As stated several times in this thread, the bottom line is buy what you need, what you can afford, what works for you, USE IT, and ENJOY IT! After all, that's what these rolling houses are for, right?
I don't drive to get good mpg..... I drive to get there...I usually get the worst of every one...I did notice with the DP the wind didn't affect the MPG as Bad as the gas,,I got about 5 mpg coming back from Utah... strong head wind
Old 05-25-2016, 09:48 AM   #288

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR

Just curious what your rigs fuel capacity is with the V-10???
Old 05-25-2016, 11:07 AM   #289

Quote:
I did a 3,000+ mile trip with a very good friend. He had a chipped 5.9L Cummins in a 2003 Dodge RAM and I had a stock 2008 Dodge RAM with a 6.7L Cummins. We both had Lance 1030 truck campers loaded.

His overhead MPG always reported better MPG than mine, but when we filled up at the same time as we traveled together, he always pumped more fuel than me. He must have been using that Common Core math before it was "cool".
Old 05-25-2016, 04:20 PM   #290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilleshps View Post
Just curious what your rigs fuel capacity is with the V-10???
Ours is 80 gallons.
Old 05-26-2016, 09:29 AM   #291

I had a Class A with 8.1 Chevy with Banks products and though i sometimes miss that exhaust note i will stick with my quiet DP with air ride. The guy with the gasser pulling a Jeep coming into Death Valley the other day that kindly pulled over so i could go by reminded me of why i now have the mh i have. I was pulling a Jeep also. Having the exhaust brake going down the other side was a bonus also. There are times i miss that 8.1 but they are far and few between. I dont regret my decision as well as you dont. Were all different which is a good thing.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:04 AM   #292

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaNick View Post
I had a Class A with 8.1 Chevy with Banks products and though i sometimes miss that exhaust note i will stick with my quiet DP with air ride. The guy with the gasser pulling a Jeep coming into Death Valley the other day that kindly pulled over so i could go by reminded me of why i now have the mh i have. I was pulling a Jeep also. Having the exhaust brake going down the other side was a bonus also. There are times i miss that 8.1 but they are far and few between. I dont regret my decision as well as you dont. Were all different which is a good thing.
I don't think that anyone thinks the gas is better... they just don't justify the extra cost...
Old 05-26-2016, 10:18 AM   #293

The Truth about Diesel Pushers - WoW some news!

Quote:
I don't think that anyone thinks the gas is better... they just don't justify the extra cost...

But I didn't have extra cost. I got my D at 5 YO for less than a 2 YO Bay star.
Bigger than a NY studio apt, faster than a NY minute, quieter than a mouse in slippers, smoother than the finest Bourbon, more comfortable than grandmas hugs.

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
Old 05-26-2016, 05:26 PM   #294

This message is hidden because LVRVLUVR is on your ignore list.

sometimes technology is great. Utilizing ignore made this a worthwhile thread for me!

'97 Country Coach Intrigue
Closed Thread

Tags
diesel