Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2016, 06:35 PM   #295

Fleetwood Owners Club
This thread is getting boring so I hope I can take the "instant email notification" off.

Bottom line, buy what you want and enjoy it! If you aren't happy with a gasser, then go out and buy a DP .

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2016, 06:57 PM   #296

Exactly. If your happy with your gasser , don't worry about it when people tell you DPs are better.

Old 05-26-2016, 07:04 PM   #297

The funny thing....................this thread shouldn't exist. Questions yes, inquiring minds yes, even rational comparisons. But dribble, insulting insinuations, and my ********* is bigger and better than yours. Really? And what's truly amazing is,,,,it just doesn't stop. See ya'll on the road. My gasser is fine. Better than fine. I think I'll name it Tony the Tiger.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:41 PM   #298

Like I said earlier, trolling in the first degree.
Old 05-28-2016, 11:08 PM   #299

So why am I still trying to figure out if I want a gasser or a diesel?
Old 05-28-2016, 11:42 PM   #300

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Dubya View Post
The funny thing....................this thread shouldn't exist. Questions yes, inquiring minds yes, even rational comparisons. But dribble, insulting insinuations, and my ********* is bigger and better than yours. Really? And what's truly amazing is,,,,it just doesn't stop. See ya'll on the road. My gasser is fine. Better than fine. I think I'll name it Tony the Tiger.
X2. Love my gasser!
Old 05-28-2016, 11:48 PM   #301

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosman View Post
So why am I still trying to figure out if I want a gasser or a diesel?
Instead of reading drivel like this thread, you shoud be out looking at and test driving different rigs. Both gas and diesel.
A word of advice, IMO the floor plan is more important than the powerplant.
Just my 2c.
Old 05-28-2016, 11:51 PM   #302

Yup. When you get a great MH at a great price and the floorplan sux, well, that sux. BTW, if we don't read all the dribble, what would we do with all our time? Hehehehe.
Old 05-28-2016, 11:51 PM   #303

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
Did gas for 13 yrs.....done with gas. On a lighter note for all of you that are happy with your gasser and think some DP owners are just being snooty...Well, just remember this...People with their nose in the air, can't see you peeing on their feet.... :0
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
Old 05-28-2016, 11:55 PM   #304

^^^^^ I'm really trying to get my brain around that statement. That, my friend, is deep. Must contemplate. In the meantime, I feel the urge to go pee!!!!!
Old 05-29-2016, 01:17 AM   #305

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamfolger View Post
Did gas for 13 yrs.....done with gas. On a lighter note for all of you that are happy with your gasser and think some DP owners are just being snooty...Well, just remember this...People with their nose in the air, can't see you peeing on their feet.... :0
Not some, every DP owner I've met so far. Anything less than a DP, whether it's a 5'er, TT, Pop-up, Class C or Class A gasser, is inferior.
The posts I've read on this forum appear to support that as well. But, thanks for the peeing on the foot idea!
I've done gassers for 20+ years. I like doing my own services, and not paying $200 for an oil change, etc. Plus, no valve adjustment needed.
Old 05-29-2016, 09:44 AM   #306

The Truth about Diesel Pushers - WoW some news!

There are no underlings/overlings in RVing! And there are no bad or inferior RVs. We can't unsnoot those that snoot, nor admire those that treasure pomp over circumstance!
A guy rode his bike into camp today. Tenting. Happy. Self sufficient. He has 4 months to discover whatever he wants. He rides an RV that he prefers over all others. It's how I started RVing!

I know folks that F/T with teardrop trailers, B vans, on and on.

Go for it! And may the Journey be your Destination

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
Old 05-29-2016, 10:43 AM   #307

This is my first post starting all o this!

IIf you'll read this post you'll notice this all started as a "tongue in cheek" look at the meaning of Diesel Pusher?

Here is my first post in case you didn't read it 300 posts ago!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoFree View Post
It’s a common belief that the term “Diesel Pusher” is because the diesel engine is in the back of the coach and the diesel pushes the motorhome forward. This is a nice story like "Mary had a little lamb", but like so many stories is simply untrue, a myth if you will.

As near as historians can tell the term “Diesel Pusher” started in Tuscaloosa, Alabama when the city mayor bought a diesel motorhome. On it’s maiden voyage it broke down in the middle of main street Tuscaloosa. A couple locals, graduates from the University of Alabama School of Engineering, walked over to help and were overhead saying, “It broke down, lets Pusher”!

Still other historians insist the term started in Brownsville, Texas when a drug lord purchased a motorhome for nefarious activities. His name quite coincidently was Diesel, hence the name “Diesel Pusher”!

Please don’t ask what historians say about the word “Gasser”? I'd have to direct you to a different forum!

Now that we have “Diesel Pusher” in its proper context, I have a serious question.

I was having new tires put on my SUV yesterday and a guy was talking about a diesel truck he had and that he’d never own another one. When asked why, he said something or other happened to it and it cost $13,000.00 to fix it. He said if the same thing happened to his gas engine he could have replaced the whole darn thing for half of that.

I know from posts on this and other forums something going wrong on a DP can be very expensive. Do folks factor that in when thinking about diesel vs gasser?
if you read the last two paragraph you'll notice the question isn't about "BIGGER or BTTER, Diesel or Gasser", it's about "COST of Ownership"

That said, as we get all hoody-snoody with each over. I ask you this; would you help a guy or gal in a diesel pusher? Would you help a guy or gal in a gasser? You know the answer is YES. So why not just leave it there. As helpful friends who love RVing!!!
Old 05-29-2016, 10:48 AM   #308
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I agree .It's time to move on.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Closed Thread

Tags
diesel