Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2016, 10:31 AM   #127

heres the journey dp 350hp...

20 mph slower than my new v-10- 6 speed

(disclaimer)this video was made by an automotive expert professional driver...

don't try this at home

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2016, 10:34 AM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinewalker View Post
A professional driver with a camera in one hand.

I know, not everybody can do that.
for some reason i'm not getting what you are saying????

is it dangerous to pull a trailer at the posted speed limit?
Old 05-12-2016, 10:55 AM   #129

Slow down dude.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:06 AM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4Gary View Post
Slow down dude.
I did when I was in the 2 dp's

why???? not even going the speed limit...

in nevada, we never used to have a speed limit on the hi ways... every one was fine with it... had less fatalities .....

people from other states came here and complained that we drive to fast

the feds made nev. lower the speed limit to 55 or loose fed funding...

fatalities increased......they raise the limit to 75... and 80 fatalities decreased..
Old 05-12-2016, 11:10 AM   #131

I drive in AZ. and nv. speed limit is 75 & 80 mph... most people drive under the posted speed limit...

when I drive in calif... posted 55mph.. when towing... most people drive over the speed limit...
Old 05-12-2016, 11:12 AM   #132

Winnebago Owners Club
I guess no one noticed the whine of that V10 wound up tight...

Take it easy. It is not a race.
Old 05-12-2016, 01:13 PM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinewalker View Post
I guess no one noticed the whine of that V10 wound up tight...

Take it easy. It is not a race.
My wife and I are quite disenchanted with the V10. She really wanted a Brave 31 from Winnebago. We test drove using cruise control at 60 mph and on an overpass it would downshift to second or third gear and be SCREAMING!
Old 05-12-2016, 01:28 PM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterson View Post
My wife and I are quite disenchanted with the V10. She really wanted a Brave 31 from Winnebago. We test drove using cruise control at 60 mph and on an overpass it would downshift to second or third gear and be SCREAMING!

You don't have to let it do that. After a while you'll know when to disengage CC and use your gas pedal to control the downshifting. You'll loose a little speed, but you can keep it from screaming instinctively with a little practice.
Nature of the beast. Others will suggest a several thousand dollar after market option calls 5 Star tune which programmatically changes the shift pattern on the transmission. Many people swear by it.
Old 05-12-2016, 02:21 PM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterson View Post
2016???
Old 05-12-2016, 02:42 PM   #136

Diesel vs. Gas. What a debate!

Take your V-10 gas engine. Lock it down to 1900 RPM. Run up the same hill that a diesel engine running at 1900 RPM is climbing and tell me which will get to the top first - if getting to the top first is any reason to have a gas vs. diesel debate to begin with.
Old 05-12-2016, 02:48 PM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumboJet View Post

Take your V-10 gas engine. Lock it down to 1900 RPM. Run up the same hill that a diesel engine running at 1900 RPM is climbing and tell me which will get to the top first - if getting to the top first is any reason to have a gas vs. diesel debate to begin with.

No fair! I want a 2500 rpm head start!
Old 05-12-2016, 02:50 PM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMan59 View Post
Make Motorhomes great again!!
ROFL!
Old 05-12-2016, 04:11 PM   #139

Quote:

ok, but you have to take the turbo charger of the diesels...

amagine if I turbo'd the v-10
Old 05-12-2016, 04:26 PM   #140

Quote:

i thought i made the test fair... took 5 motor homes and went up the same hill

towed the same trailer..had both pedals pinned ... hit the hill at about 70mph and seen what it would do,,.

no excuses or anything... I wanted to find out which would pull my trailer up the hill the fastest... the mith that dps will pull the trailer faster is ,.. well.. just a mith...

I run 62 mph...I wish they made an affordable smaller DP... but they seems they like to load the diesels up to the limit...

i really liked the excursion...little slower but who cares...maybe 10-15 seconds to the top of the hill...we made the mistake of getting a black one....and the 2airs wouldn't cool it down in havasu,... and it wasn't even hot yet..

I got our freightliner to ride pretty good... ran low on cash and had to sell it..

I'd take another one... and if given the choice I'd take the diesel....just cause it's worth more if nothing else..

but in my test... they don't go up the hill faster...
Closed Thread

Tags
diesel