Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2016, 09:02 PM   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
Hey, I own a gas coach and I am happy about it. I have a lot more cash in my bank account because of my decision. Enjoy life. I am!
the point i'm making is you are not leaving near as much on the table is whats lead to believe

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2016, 09:05 PM   #156

LUVR,

Great data. As in all science, it is disprovable: All someone needs to do is get a meter and show how quiet a DP is using a meter at head level under similar conditions - sort of like you've already done!

Perhaps the higher-end diesels?

Love the "hard truths" you are challenging. It's good to get the real facts out there and let the discussions percolate.

I do wish the gasser chassis were better designed in terms of vibration/road isolation. I wonder why so many of the innovations of the past, including a rear-engined gasser, went by the wayside. Interesting stuff to consider.

BTW - you "sound angry"? wonder how many decibels your typing transmits

Old 05-31-2016, 09:06 PM   #157

Quote:
Hey, I own a gas coach and I am happy about it. I have a lot more cash in my bank account because of my decision.

Old 05-31-2016, 09:13 PM   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-Oh View Post
LUVR,

Great data. As in all science, it is disprovable: All someone needs to do is get a meter and show how quiet a DP is using a meter at head level under similar conditions - sort of like you've already done!

Love the "hard truths" you are challenging. It's good to get the real facts out there and let the discussions percolate.

I do wish the gasser chassis were better designed in terms of vibration/road isolation. I wonder why so many of the innovations of the past, including a rear-engined gasser, went by the wayside. Interesting stuff to consider.

X2. I would buy a rear engine gasser in a heartbeat, so long as it had a floorplan I like, say for instance the floorplan I have.

Ford and Chevy, are you listening????
Old 05-31-2016, 09:46 PM   #159
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBRVing View Post
Are you going to share?
+1

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 09:46 PM   #160

Quote:
LUVR,

gas chassis will never be as good as it could be because the way they are built... there needs to be some type of isolation between the frame and the box...
as is now they weld the box solid to the frame...

if you take car, remove the rubber body mounts, and weld it to the frame you get the same results..harsh riding viberating.. horrible ride

as for the anger ...non here.. in fact I enjoy the phone calls and the people that thank me for my time...

the post like... my 36' 2000 ford chassis gets 15 mpg..

I say prove it...and show me your math report card....
Old 05-31-2016, 09:56 PM   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
+1
i'm not gonna share with you.. you made me buy a jeep....jk

need to do some "PROOF" videos first...
plus I wanna make sure the performance is up or at least level
Old 05-31-2016, 09:59 PM   #162

Quote:
LUVR,

the higher end coaches don't get too far of the main road...
Old 05-31-2016, 10:20 PM   #163

Quote:
Check out the Wynn's video when they were on their way to Alaska in a gas coach. Lot's of engine roar and noise in a gas coach.
Hey, I own a gas coach and I am happy about it. I have a lot more cash in my bank account because of my decision.
Need to back and view their follow up video again but once the manufactures sound upgrade was done the sound level was much lower.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:23 PM   #164

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
LUVR,

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBRVing View Post
X2. I would buy a rear engine gasser in a heartbeat, so long as it had a floorplan I like, say for instance the floorplan I have.

Ford and Chevy, are you listening????
X3 - I agree. Would love to have a rear engine gasser. So far we're extremely happy with our 10 yr old gas coach.

DW and I really do carry on conversations while underway without any difficulty at all. The 8.1 is quiet and Newmar apparently did a good job of insulating the noise. Really the only time it gets bothersome is when the viscous fan kicks in, which in warm weather does happen periodically. Now, my duty cycle is weekend runs of 300 miles or less, and a week long vacation run of 1000 miles or so. I really don't see that changing much over the next few years, at least until the DW retires. So far, we've done all our travelling in the flatlands - the Southeast. Again, I don't expect that will change dramatically. So, I'm comfortable with the gasser. I see no need for a diesel based on my usage. And, my wallet feels a whole lot better. Not only for the purchase, but for the maintenance as well. It does the job I need/want it to do. Diesel would be a tremendous overkill for me right now. Just cannot see the justification for the added expense and complexity. If things were to change and I find we are travelling a great deal more of the time and putting on a significant number of miles, then I would definately consider a diesel.

I'm just glad to see there are people out there happy with their gasser who haven't drank the diesel kool-aid. It really annoys me when posts show up such as the earlier one by someone who obviously had never been in a gas coach (or was in a very poorly built one maybe) who states it is impossible to carry on a conversation while underway. Really? Total BS nonsense!
jt
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 10:27 PM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjt View Post
LUVR,

X3 - I agree. Would love to have a rear engine gasser. So far we're extremely happy with our 10 yr old gas coach.

DW and I really do carry on conversations while underway without any difficulty at all. The 8.1 is quiet and Newmar apparently did a good job of insulating the noise. Really the only time it gets bothersome is when the viscous fan kicks in, which in warm weather does happen periodically. Now, my duty cycle is weekend runs of 300 miles or less, and a week long vacation run of 1000 miles or so. I really don't see that changing much over the next few years, at least until the DW retires. So far, we've done all our travelling in the flatlands - the Southeast. Again, I don't expect that will change dramatically. So, I'm comfortable with the gasser. I see no need for a diesel based on my usage. And, my wallet feels a whole lot better. Not only for the purchase, but for the maintenance as well. It does the job I need/want it to do. Diesel would be a tremendous overkill for me right now. Just cannot see the justification for the added expense and complexity. If things were to change and I find we are travelling a great deal more of the time and putting on a significant number of miles, then I would definately consider a diesel.

I'm just glad to see there are people out there happy with their gasser who haven't drank the diesel kool-aid. It really annoys me when posts show up such as the earlier one by someone who obviously had never been in a gas coach (or was in a very poorly built one maybe) who states it is impossible to carry on a conversation while underway. Really? Total BS nonsense!
jt
maybe they need those new batterys for their hearing aids...
Old 05-31-2016, 10:48 PM   #166
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
i'm not gonna share with you.. you made me buy a jeep....jk

need to do some "PROOF" videos first...
plus I wanna make sure the performance is up or at least level
Well, my Jeep is quieter than yours.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 12:19 AM   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Well, my Jeep is quieter than yours.

lol... i'll be with you when I get the tow bar thing figured out

with sue following me in the jeep I can't hear a word she say's
Old 06-01-2016, 12:21 AM   #168

I guess it never ends,,,, we just came back from a MH ride... now the motor is so quiet... the dash air is too loud on high

Tags
rvs, gas, noise