Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2016, 10:37 AM   #43

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich-n-Linda View Post
Folks, we are being trolled.

Let this thread die a slow death.
Yep. Nothing but bait

jjSpeedwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2016, 12:46 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busskipper View Post
Having owned all varieties of RV's over the last 50+ years I didn't need a meter to figure out that the diesel is the Quietest to drive and enjoy.

JMHO,
it's just advanced communication ...being able to give a reference to your statement...

I don't need a thermometer to know it's colder in Alaska than California
makes for a better weather report for those that have never been to Alaska

she's gonna get cold tonight. but not as cold as Alaska...but warmer than Kansas..

this thread isn't for the know it alls, it's more for those that have never driv'n a gas motor home..

Old 05-23-2016, 12:48 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjSpeedwagon View Post
Yep. Nothing but bait
why would you say that??? bait for what,..can I through the ones I don't want back??
Old 05-23-2016, 01:10 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
It sounds like the OP has an axe to grind. Every RV is different. Some have better sound insulation at the doghouse than others.

I can say from my own personal experience that you could not have a normal conversation with my Winnebago Adventurer on a Workhorse chassis. It wasn't too bad a lot of the time but on hot days when those twin cooling fans kicked in it was uncomfortably loud. Could we have improved that situation, probably so but other factors became more important than the noise factor. We decided to go FT and decided we wanted bigger and have more CCC and axle capability that what we had with the workhorse. In short, there is no comparison when it comes to noise in MY experience between OUR gasser and OUR DP.

So, for the OP I am very happy that their coach meets their needs and provides enjoyment. This isn't a belly bumping contest of trying to say mine is better than yours. OTOH, I am very happy with our choice and our experience is the opposite of the OP's.

YMMV!
Question of the Day....why is it when Jondrew who owns a Diesel Pusher started a similar thread, it was way cool to the diesel pusher crowd to join in but when LVRVLUR does it being a gas MH owner and actually posts something with the video showing that they are not as loud as some people claim(OK we know they're not as quiet as a Diesel when climbing, and are a better chassis) you being a Diesel Pusher owner has to say "It sounds like the OP has an axe to grind". You didn't hear that commentary being made by the Gas MH owners when it was started by a Diesel pusher owner. Hence you see where it becomes a "ours is better than yours" attitude, or a "belly bumping contest" as you state, rather than just a conversation. Whichever a person buys has a lot of moving parts that go into that decision, but definitely no right or wrong, or any axes to grind.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 01:14 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
you have to do the test apples to apples ...in the video, I went up the hill 60 mph with my gas coach..

in the video I went up it 37 with a journey dp 350 hp

it I go up the hill 37 mph... the motor doesn't make much noise...

but i'm gonna check... interesting post...

but maybe it will still be the same because of it will be in 2nd gear???
I did check this....and a video... don't wanna bore every one..

but it was like I said,.. with the unability to hold in a gear trying to go 37 wasn't happening with out dropping to 2nd so my thought was wrong...

just as, if not more noisey
Old 05-23-2016, 01:20 PM   #48

Sounds to me like I can hear that engine loud and clear in all the videos.
Old 05-23-2016, 01:42 PM   #49

Having owned both, and just sold the V-10 - my wife would tell you which is the quieter of the two,

The V-10 was just OK until the fan clutch kicked in while running the dash air and the RPMs hit 4,000+.

My wife likes to talk and not yell. That was selling point for the DP, and it is important to "sell" her on some improvements.
Old 05-23-2016, 01:51 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDi View Post
Sounds to me like I can hear that engine loud and clear in all the videos.
so you didn't listen to my excursion and my journey
Old 05-23-2016, 02:00 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumboJet View Post
Having owned both, and just sold the V-10 - my wife would tell you which is the quieter of the two,

The V-10 was just OK until the fan clutch kicked in while running the dash air and the RPMs hit 4,000+.

My wife likes to talk and not yell. That was selling point for the DP, and it is important to "sell" her on some improvements.
the thread is not which one is quieter..dp or gas ... it is the sound level of each...some people say that you have to scream at each outher... for that to be true it is a health hazard and could cause hearing loss...

as you can see it is lower than osha's level.. and you will have no problem with the motor noise..

in fact screaming up the hill wound tighter than a fiddle string it only got to 75 db...

so the fact of the thread,#1 I can go down the road and talk to my wife without a problem..
fact # 2.. the level of noise the engine will not cause hearing loss or for you to go deaf...
fact #3 going 55mph in a ford f53 the sound is at 70 db
Old 05-23-2016, 02:08 PM   #52

Yea, I don't think the point here is to prove that gassers aren't any louder than diesel.
I think the point is that gassers aren't as loud as some seem to think .
I know a DP is not as loud in the front seats as our gasser . However , we don't find it to be loud either .
Old 05-23-2016, 02:32 PM   #53

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
I'll be real close to your gears with the 4:88 and 19.5s...
and you with 5:38's and 22.5's

I seem to spend 98% of my time not being able to pull 6th gear...

I'm gonna install the 5 star tomorrow,... maybe the tune for the trans and motor will make it ok???

do you know your tire size?
I Would not do the re gear until I had some time and experience with the coach with the 5star tuner installed.
I like my 38N.
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 03:14 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDEBILL308 View Post
I Would not do the re gear until I had some time and experience with the coach with the 5star tuner installed.
I like my 38N.
Bill
you sir are correct..

.i got the 5 star installed and did about a 50 mile loop , up and down hills, the first thing I noticed was it fixed the tow haul
next with the new found power I was able to stay in 6th gear on flat ground and slight up hill( before it wouldn't be able to pull 6th at all) and now when it shifts down to 5th it will stay... when it start to struggle i just down shift to 4th and stay there till i'm out of the hill.. thats @ 62 mph...

if I run it at 70... it will stay in 5th

so, I'm happy and no need for the gear change..
Old 05-23-2016, 03:16 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepside454 View Post
Yea, I don't think the point here is to prove that gassers aren't any louder than diesel.
I think the point is that gassers aren't as loud as some seem to think .
I know a DP is not as loud in the front seats as our gasser . However , we don't find it to be loud either .
nice choice of words
Old 05-23-2016, 03:23 PM   #56

Tiffin Owners Club
Soooo in the interest of scientific audiology research, whats the db level in the bedroom when going up a 6% grade in reverse...with a Ford V10 Eco-what ever...pushin a 22 ft trailer at 62 mph? jus wonderin

skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rvs, gas, noise