Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2016, 07:43 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepside454 View Post
Oh the horror !!
i can't hear my motor at all when the seger's blasting

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2016, 07:54 PM   #100

LVRVLUR....now that was a great video....Thanks for posting that, and you're right people exaggerate about engine noise but no problem cranking up the stereo.....

Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 07:58 PM   #101

Tiffin Owners Club
Here's a review in MH magazine May 2015 issue on a Ford class A chassis. It is what it is.

"We soon found out, however, that actually driving the Alante would be the least enjoyable part of our test. The Ford chassis subjects passengers to a harsh ride that can become downright uncomfortable over rough pavement or expansion joints, and the cacophony from the V-10 engine was, quite simply, unacceptable. Forget about conversation when climbing a grade, and the drone can’t be overcome by the stereo, either. You just have to hope for smooth, level pavement down the road. If you do decide on this motorhome, put some money aside to better insulate the doghouse area, and to fit the chassis with better shocks and some handling aids."
- See more at: The Simple Life

Not only LOuD but Harsh too....Hey what da they know...they only review all new riggs yearly. It makes me want to test drive one to see for myself. But I already have shot hearing, so can't help yea on that. Oh the humanity...!
skypilot_1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 08:07 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot_1 View Post
Here's a review in MH magazine May 2015 issue on a Ford class A chassis. It is what it is.

"We soon found out, however, that actually driving the Alante would be the least enjoyable part of our test. The Ford chassis subjects passengers to a harsh ride that can become downright uncomfortable over rough pavement or expansion joints, and the cacophony from the V-10 engine was, quite simply, unacceptable. Forget about conversation when climbing a grade, and the drone can’t be overcome by the stereo, either. You just have to hope for smooth, level pavement down the road. If you do decide on this motorhome, put some money aside to better insulate the doghouse area, and to fit the chassis with better shocks and some handling aids."

Not only LOuD but Harsh too....Hey what da they know...they only review all new riggs yearly. It makes me want to test drive one to see for myself. But I already have shot hearing, so can't help yea on that. Oh the humanity...!
again, with out a meter to see you have to guess what is loud to that person...
I would think that one writing an artical would you real facts...

but then...i read it on the internet...must be true
Old 05-25-2016, 08:10 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Cha View Post
LVRVLUR....now that was a great video....Thanks for posting that, and you're right people exaggerate about engine noise but no problem cranking up the stereo.....
did you see the beaver?? 1:11
Old 05-25-2016, 08:37 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrew View Post
This thread seems very familiar
what happened to the one you started??? did it get pulled?
Old 05-25-2016, 08:54 PM   #105

Here is a DP sound measurement video for you.

Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
jb4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 09:15 PM   #106

Tiffin Owners Club
Maybe next you could post a test drive with a "G" meter. That would be informative and scientific. You know "iron versus air". Forget what you think you feel, but have a "meter" tell you how smooth it is. Whole new area for your
"measurement of the proper instrument is used..as personal descriptions are meaningless".
skypilot_1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 10:09 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb4545 View Post
Old 05-25-2016, 10:19 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot_1 View Post

just wandering.... what do you think the gas vs diesel sales are

50 to 1...100 to 1???

I think what bothers me the most when I have a pusher is how stand off normal people are to you... and how it attracts the pompus
(they all must be accountants be cause they have to tell you everything they have and what it's worth) i'm better cause I have a pusher..

gas people seems to be more earthy and friendly. maybe because they can't talk to anyone while they are traveling..

I put up a video of me going down the road talking to my wife,,no screaming, and I even said something, some what under my breath..and she heard every word...

so how about a video contrary...
Old 05-25-2016, 10:37 PM   #109

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	$_57.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	168.0 KB
ID:	128241  
Old 05-25-2016, 10:38 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
did you see the beaver?? 1:11
Yes we did......
Old 05-25-2016, 10:48 PM   #111

Skipilot, all MH's are not built the same, hence why they do reviews such as the one you quoted. One persons opinion about one MH tested is hardly an honest review of how all F-53 Chassis would perform in all Class A MH's. You get what you pay for and some manufacturers do a much better job at engineering the MH to the chassis, add handling components, different wheelbase, chassis size, weight distribution, and sound deadening materials. I wouldn't base any decision off of reviews I've read in any magazine. The best critic would be the purchaser of the MH, and they should drive several brands of Gas MH's and they would be pleasantly surprised.
Old 05-25-2016, 11:54 PM   #112
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The Alante is Jayco's least expensive entry level Class A. Too bad the magazine reviewer (above) had such a bias. Entry level RV's allow more people to get into a hobby that otherwise would be cut out.

Currently Gas powered RV's sell 4 for every 1 Diesel powered unit according to RV Business...I expect this number to slip a bit as Diesel Sprinters, Transit's and Promaster Class C's increase in popularity.

Safe travels

Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), '07 Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
http://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rvs, gas, noise