Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2014, 11:29 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brez View Post
This is a cheap fix. The braided extensions get damaged from the sharp edges of the rim. Just insert a rubber grommet over the sharp edges of the rim. It's not that noticeable, but does the trick.

Mine was not damaged from rubbing on the rim because I had the wire spacers in the rim to keep it centered.
scooterbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2014, 02:37 PM   #16

If installed correctly they are fine, I've used them for the last 30+ years with no problems. I have the steel braded extensions. Of course when I started using them they didn't have the TPMS that's available now. Those do offer added insurance of any air loss.
TdogKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 03:00 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
I chose to purchase the Borg Stems for all 6 of my tires back in 2010 when I had new tires installed.

The SS braided extensions were removed and inspected. The rubber inside had deteriorated so it was an accident waiting to happen.

I was using the Doran TPMS back then and have since dumped that system on eBay. It's been replaced with the Tire SafeGuard TPMS and that one is a keeper.

BTW, I haven't had one problem with the Borg stems and I don't expect to have any in the future.

They are bullet proof!

The last thing you want is to have tire problems as your life depends on them.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 04:13 PM   #18

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have been using the metal braided extensions for about 10 years and no problems except one. While checking the air, on of my extensions stuck closed and could not check the air. No reading on the gauge. So I replaced that one and that was 2 years ago. I did have new tires installed about 3 years ago and did have new extensions installed at that time.
TXredfish is offline   Reply With Quote