Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-17-2016, 10:54 PM   #1

Theftford Aria Deluxe II - Recommend replacements?

Not going to invest any more funds, or effort, with the Thefford Aria Deluxe II. (About 6 years now since we bought this used coach. Now would have to replace the gasket/blade flapper combo for the 4th/5th time in that period, as our current one is again not holding water. (Properly maintained, and cleaned.) Now also having problems with very low water pressure, so much so, we'r'e using a bottle of water besides the throne to 'get the job done.

And heck, it has never been a joy to own - as even when all thins are 'working' it is so loud that it will wake people up in the late evening hours if used.

We do want china. We do not care about electric, actually like the idea of KISS. Cost? Well, we'll keep this coach we think 10+ years - so willing to pay to get good quality.

Recommendations please.What have others used to replace these supposedly high end china 'thrones'. Oh, and on thrones - we prefer a higher profile seat. So many of the coaches we walk thru in shows, have very 'low' thrones!

TIA, and best to all,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2016, 11:17 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We have that toilet in our rig, have only had it a year but no problems with it once we understood the workings of it. Holds water just fine and is easy to keep clean too.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 11:28 PM   #3

Also have that toilet...10 years and counting. No leaks. It's too loud though, so often we don't 'flush' for pee in the middle of the night to let the other sleep.
elgarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 11:51 PM   #4

Check out Technomadia they installed some new crapper in their rig. Not sure which one, but it is taller than most... They did a blog post on this...

1996 Country Coach Intrigue 😜
UncleBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 08:36 AM   #5

When mine needed work I tried to replace it but it was going to be a BIG job as the Aria bolts to the floor not the flange. Monaco glued the flange to the pipe going into the black tank off center so replacing the toilet was going to be a big job. Priced all parts to completely over haul it purchased a complete new one from PPL cheaper. Good luck
mccrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 04:35 PM   #6

Also I forgot to mention the aria sits on bare floor so you also have to tile the floor so the new toilet won't rock. Like I said more work than I wanted to get into
mccrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 05:59 PM   #7

I have an Aria non deluxe (not electric) and just want to say make sure you carry the cables for this unit. I had one break not too long ago, 5 years old. Glad I had a spare with me.
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 11:50 AM   #8

Thanks for all the info sharing.

I need to state that I pulled some documentation that came with our coach, and no where is the word Deluxe or Deluxe II mentioned. I was told it was a Deluxe II a few repairs back, and have always called it that.

The coach was built in Sept of 2003, but who knows how old the Aria was that was installed by CC at that time.

Until I pull the unit out and see if I can find a model number to cross reference, very possible that this is the first edition Aria. Which if memory serves me correctly, was not too well received in real world usage by the boating and RV'ing community. (Thus the relatively quick Deluxe II was born...).

So this could explain why our unit has been so problematic, and others are doing OK with there units.

When I know for sure what I have in our coach, I'll update, so that anyone research TheftFord Aria in the future, will not get bad info from me.

Best to all,
Smitty
Old 03-19-2016, 12:21 PM   #9

Thetford RV Toilet Conversion Chart

http://www.thetford.com/wp-content/u...t_22x32_OL.pdf
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 01:49 PM   #10

Thanks Old-Biscuit!

Noted that they don't list Aria in the 'to be replaced' column...

Best,
Smitty
Old 03-19-2016, 02:11 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
Thanks Old-Biscuit!

Noted that they don't list Aria in the 'to be replaced' column...

Best,
Smitty
No it is not .......But you can 'reverse engineer' which toilet to use as replacement.
Biggest issue is the floor flange.
Big Box Stores have adapters in plumbing section
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 02:17 PM   #12

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Here's the link to the parst breakdown for the Aria Deluxe II: Aria Deluxe II | Thetford
And for the Classic: http://www.thetford.com/part/aria-classic/
Also has a link to the owners manual which is the same publication for both units.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 02:58 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post

I need to state that I pulled some documentation that came with our coach, and no where is the word Deluxe or Deluxe II mentioned. I was told it was a Deluxe II a few repairs back, and have always called it that.

The coach was built in Sept of 2003, but who knows how old the Aria was that was installed by CC at that time.

Until I pull the unit out and see if I can find a model number to cross reference, very possible that this is the first edition Aria. Which if memory serves me correctly, was not too well received in real world usage by the boating and RV'ing community. (Thus the relatively quick Deluxe II was born...).

So this could explain why our unit has been so problematic, and others are doing OK with there units.

When I know for sure what I have in our coach, I'll update, so that anyone research Thetford Aria in the future, will not get bad info from me.
The Aria-I died a quick death early on with all of the problems that it had right from get-go out of the factory.

The updated Aria-II is most likely what you have as it was late 2002 - early 2003 when they switched over to the Aria-II.

I tossed mine after playing with it for 6 years and installing 2 motor/seal units but the damn thing always sounded like a farmers thrashing machine when flushed.

I replaced it with a Sealand Magnum Opus and it 's been trouble free for the past 6 years.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 04:40 PM   #14

I had an Aria-II. Had a few problems with it. Probably could have kept it working a bit longer but decided to get out while the gettin' was good. Put in a Thetford Aqua-Magic Style Plus. I much prefer that. Simple and effective. And no electricity needed.

Tags
ace, ford, replace, replacement