Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2012, 01:06 AM   #169
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
I don't use no stinkin' checklists. How am I supposed to exercise my mind and memory if I use those? As an added bonus, I get to use my mathematics skills by adding up what it costs for repairs and balancing my checkbook, paying RV bills, etc.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2012, 07:57 PM   #170

Outdoors RV Owners Club
One thing I've trained myself to do is after I've moved the coach ahead and beginning to proceed toward the exit onto the main road, ... stop, get out, and walk at least twenty feet away from the coach. Then, I turn around and take a careful look at it. I just might see something on the roof that I'd forgot about.

Like, a few days ago I saw a coach going down the road with the TV Antennae standing tall and waving in the wind!

Ouch!

Canada, eh?
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:23 PM   #171

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
I don't use no stinkin' checklists. How am I supposed to exercise my mind and memory if I use those? As an added bonus, I get to use my mathematics skills by adding up what it costs for repairs and balancing my checkbook, paying RV bills, etc.
I don't use a checklist either, but do get my exercise before driving away by walking around 5-25 times as I ask myself how much damage will there be if I don't keep walking around and looking for stuff I forgot to do all the while also asking why not do a checklist so this wouldn't be so dang difficult?
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:29 PM   #172

Well I made a checklist, laminated it and use Velcro to strap it to the slide lock. When I take the lock off, I strap the check list to the steering wheel so I see it before we leave. It has all of the normal stuff listed but also stuff specific to my Outlaw like securing the toys locking the fueling station. This works for me and has already saved me repair money.
Cobra1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:33 PM   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkate View Post

Like, a few days ago I saw a coach going down the road with the TV Antennae standing tall and waving in the wind!

Ouch!
I drove 150 miles with my batwing up. Some woman yelled at me at a cross-road. Musta been an RV'r.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:22 AM   #174
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I left an RV solar dealer with my antenna up. Someone in the office notice it and since I had a repair appointment, they had my cell phone # and called me.

The reason it was up was because they were gracious enough to let me boondock on their property for several days before my appt. This was before I got a toad and I had to drive the MH to the dog groomer. It was about then that I decided I needed a toad.
okmunky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:03 AM   #175

I'd bet someone in the grommer's office thought you had a bus load to be groomed.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:39 AM   #176
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
I'm only 6'1" and I'm new to my Class B. I'm also bald. At the moment I have 5 scabs on my noggin from beating my head against various cupboard doors, range hood, and doorway.

I get so tired of people asking what happened. When I tell the truth they look at me piteously, and walk away. My friends say things like, "Why don't you be careful?" Why, indeed!!??

And it's not getting any better. I'm not learning. I get in a hurry, or thinking about something else, pick up something from the floor and ker-whack. I'm beginning to doubt my own sanity. At least when I'm driving, and strapped in, I'm relatively safe. But soon I'm going to need a holding tank, black water, gray water and A+.

Have you considered a football helmet?

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:52 AM   #177
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
I'm only 6'1" and I'm new to my Class B. I'm also bald. At the moment I have 5 scabs on my noggin from beating my head against various cupboard doors, range hood, and doorway.
In my MH I am the perfect height. At 5'4" the upper cabinet doors just miss my head, but I can still turn on the ceiling lights without the step stool.

Of course, I'm shrinking.
okmunky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:46 PM   #178

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I left an RV solar dealer with my antenna up. .
I was at the solar dealer too, backed out to checked the system in the sun and tried to use the TV with the bat-wing to further check out the system. All worked as to spec and a few minutes later I pulled back in to allow them to finish, crunch. Had to lower air bags to lower the antenna. Fortunately no damage but easy how just a quickie () can lead to trouble
Rmiscoord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:01 PM   #179
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I drove 150 miles with my batwing up. Some woman yelled at me at a cross-road. Musta been an RV'r.
I heard driving with your bat wing up makes your coach more aerodynamic.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:30 PM   #180

Monaco Owners Club
Wink

Quote:

I get so tired of people asking what happened. When I tell the truth they look at me piteously, and walk away. My friends say things like, "Why don't you be careful?" Why, indeed!!??

And it's not getting any better. I'm not learning. I get in a hurry, or thinking about something else, pick up something from the floor and ker-whack. I'm beginning to doubt my own sanity. At least when I'm driving, and strapped in, I'm relatively safe. But soon I'm going to need a holding tank, black water, gray water and A+.
I learned to wear a baseball style cap whenever working on my boats...also saved me from many cuts on the noggin and works great during the summer to swat at hornets/wasps.

Anytime I work on the coach, I do the same ritual first...find a BB cap.

Mikeflyme
Old 12-14-2012, 08:40 PM   #181

Monaco Owners Club
While parked in a 50' deep rv garage, I backed the coach out about 15 feet with the unplugged electric cable on the floor perpendicular to the tag axle and main rear tires...cable got stuck between them and when I pulled back into the garage, and it pulled the entire cable out of the electric bay...a week later and 6 feet of cable lost, I finally got it all back together.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:42 PM   #182
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeflyme View Post
I learned to wear a baseball style cap whenever working on my boats...also saved me from many cuts on the noggin and works great during the summer to swat at hornets/wasps.

Anytime I work on the coach, I do the same ritual first...find a BB cap.

Mikeflyme
In all my years in construction, I found that wearing a baseball cap can be a hindrance because the brim hides anything above it and makes you more susceptible to shots in the forehead. Once I was walking under something low and I thought I bowed down enough to clear it. The little metal stud in the center cut a trough down the center of my scalp.