Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2013, 11:06 PM   #267

Once when I was having a problem with a leak in the toilet (two piece that clamps together), I needded to make sure it would not leak, so I filled the toilet full for maximum pressure. Well, I forgot to tell my wife. Yup, she was the one to discover the high water line, and I was the one to catch the dickens. Tell the entire crew when working on the toilet!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2013, 11:27 PM   #268

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneyj View Post
It is an 8.3L 330 Cummins ISL. Chassis is a Workhorse, i still need to get the model number. All this information is in my owners case. It must weigh 15 pounds. I really would like a good resource for the Cummins engine. Seems Corporate dose not have older motors documentation online
The ISL is 8.7L
The ISC is 8.3L
Cummins doesn't list a 330 ISL at present, they do list a 330 ISC but spec's have changed over the years too.
I didn't realize that any of those chassis actually got into a MH! Now I know (but I'll probably forget anyway)!

Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:59 PM   #269

Tiffin Owners Club
Yup, and then wondered what that black snake looking thing was dragging behind me :-o
Old 01-07-2013, 06:30 PM   #270

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaynedmonnett View Post
If you are going to have beans for dinner, do not sit close to the LPG detector. It can and will go off. Then it is too late to blame the dog.
Still laughing at that one!!
Old 01-07-2013, 08:28 PM   #271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayjulia View Post
Yup, and then wondered what that black snake looking thing was dragging behind me :-o
That happened when I went to get tires. I now have a new umbilical cord from my BatteryMinder.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:55 PM   #272

Thor Owners Club
First RV with slide we had was used.. After three trips, the coach battery died on us (wouldn't charge) and we discovered it when I unplugged shore power preparing to go home. Slide out still out, and of course won't budge. Being the eager "we can fix this to get home" fella, I whipped out the emergency slide manual crank and went to town. Found out you have to crank that thing forever until the room is in. It never occured to me to crank up the truck, or plug the shore power back in to get 12 volts to the slide motor
Old 01-08-2013, 12:34 AM   #273
Retired Fire Capt

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
The ISL is 8.7L
The ISC is 8.3L
Cummins doesn't list a 330 ISL at present, they do list a 330 ISC but spec's have changed over the years too.
I didn't realize that any of those chassis actually got into a MH! Now I know (but I'll probably forget anyway)!
Don't know how I got off topic everyone and thanks Mr. D. I am new to learning about Motor-homes and had a hard time finding the material that I finally did on my Chassis after originally believing it to be a Cat on a Freightliner.
GS#819681685 FMCA#F437136 SKP#112720
phinneyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:27 PM   #274

Send a message via Skype™ to GSGracie
In New Zealand, all of our switches are "down" for on and "up" for off. Tried to turn my truck batteries back on after camping and could not get them to stay on. Connected up the toad to recharge the truck batteries thinking they were flat, still no luck. Felt more than slightly stupid when flicking the rocker switch UP to find there was nothing wrong. Apparently things are done differently in USA. all the other switches in the coach are either slide switches or standard NZ plugs. Learn something every day.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:33 PM   #275

I just want to let you all know that this is the best thread ever for a newbie. I'm learning so much!
Old 01-10-2013, 03:36 PM   #276

Toilets: Never sit on them in the dark no matter who you are afraid of waking up because they are going to be awake soon after.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:41 PM   #277

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvanwieren View Post
I just want to let you all know that this is the best threat ever for a newbie. I'm learning so much!
Please I hope no threats were intended only information auto fill can be a beach : dance:
Old 01-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #278

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecfd67 View Post
Please I hope no threats were intended only information auto fill can be a beach : dance:
Ack! Thread! With a D! *Edit*
Old 01-11-2013, 10:11 AM   #279

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I sure learned a LOT TO DAY
have a good day
George
Old 01-11-2013, 10:17 AM   #280

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Don't trust anyone except your family to guide you away from a gaspump on the right rear of the motorhome when turn out to the left. Deep gouges in my aft passenger side basement door and cracked rear cap will be the result.

2003 Newmar Kountry Star 3905, Freightliner XC chassis with CAT 330. Winnie the black lab, pretty Airbus captain wife, retired airline pilot with 11 grandkids. UH-1 pilot (Huey) U.S. Army 1967-1983. RVN 68-69. Northern Idaho my summer home.
calhyatt is offline   Reply With Quote