Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2013, 07:52 PM   #281

WHen pulling a vehicle, don't pull the vehicle up a hill with it still in park. Plays havoc on the tires!!!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #282

Thor Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarmor View Post
Me too about not unlocking the front end. Tires smoked. Not so bad compared to not disengaging the trany correctly, $5500 repair. Tire mistake only $550. Brake buddy overactive $1800 for new calipers, brakes, rotors. I've bought my jeep 2x over. PRICELESS! Good thing I'm having fun otherwise I don't think I'd be laughing over this
Yea if the Saturn manual says do not pull it over 65MPH, well dont go 80-85 your fluid will be burnt and when you stop there will be happy smoke comming from the overheated trans .....70-75 dont hurt though but 80-85 sure does .... Luckly Dad showed me that problem

Dont pull a any toad with the parking brake still on ..... Thanks again Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playtime III View Post
Be too cheap and instruct your GPS to 'avoid tolls' while enroute. It routed me through downtown DC before I could see the entire routing and thus not take its recommendations. A lot of narrow streets and traffic circles. a 33' TT doesn't do well in traffic circles.

My GPS did that to me in December, it didnt want me to take the Harry W. Nice (301) toll bridge, even though it only toll leaving MD..... Luckly I kenw the route I was just useing the GPS as a time/miles countdown

I dont know how to "not do this" but its nasty when your black water valve does not seal tight and you take the cap off to hook up the sewer hose and there is a susprise behind the cap

Old 01-11-2013, 10:07 PM   #283

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by calhyatt View Post
Don't trust anyone except your family to guide you away from a gaspump on the right rear of the motorhome when turn out to the left. Deep gouges in my aft passenger side basement door and cracked rear cap will be the result.
While I haven't tapped a pump or concrete post *yet*, I did pull into one gas station in NH that I probably shouldn't have. It was too late once I started pulling into the station from the street, so I made the best of it.

I had to nearly pull up onto the sidewalk of the mini-mart to get enough room to be able to pull away from the pump. We were towing the Tiguan on the trailer, so it make us even longer.

Note to self ... make sure you google map - satellite view - every gas station you intend to pull into!
2Labs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:14 AM   #284

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesinRockies View Post
This one is not mine, but my buddies, His lady put his laptop in a nice little spot that just seemed so right for it and all was good while they was traveling, they get to destination and he starts setting up, puts done the levelers then out comes the slides.... as he is putting out his DS main slide he hears a crushing sound. He stops the slide looks but doesn't seen anything so back to putting it out same sound again, pulls the slide back in only to find his new laptop broken. lLsson learned, them just right looking spots when the slides are in are BAD.
Set laptop down by couch, forget about laptop, bring in slides, laptop tilts between slide and wall while driving, park, extend slides, slide eats laptop.

TxSkye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #285

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxSkye

Set laptop down by couch, forget about laptop, bring in slides, laptop tilts between slide and wall while driving, park, extend slides, slide eats laptop.
Nice looking rig but was expecting to see the laptop. Lol.
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:54 AM   #286
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
In the garbage already I guess.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:42 PM   #287

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Speaking of laptops, if you're like me and it's *always* out, don't leave it on the dining table when you hop in the drivers seat and drive away. At the first turn you take it WILL slide off the table and come crashing down onto the floor.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:52 PM   #288

My husband takes them out with wine.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:46 PM   #289

My labtop(inside joke) goes in a padded bag and on the center of the bed before the slides come in.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:12 PM   #290

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
My labtop(inside joke) goes in a padded bag and on the center of the bed before the slides come in.
I usually put mine in its bag, that I keep on one of the booth seats, and usually the DW is sitting in the forward facing booth with her laptop. But this particular time I was heading out to get propane on my own and was checking mail before I pulled out. I closed the laptop, but for whatever dumb reason, left it on the table. Around the first corner I went, and it went sliding to the floor.

Luckily to damage occurred
Old 01-12-2013, 07:44 PM   #291

When I firsts got my Breeze, I didn't get the lower sliding drawer latched(you know the ones) and when I took a turn, kabaam! Thought it was the awning opening and slamming shut. Made a couple of turns in a WM before I figured it out. That won't happen again.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:47 PM   #292

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Nice looking rig but was expecting to see the laptop. Lol.
The pic just shows the nice little slot to slide the laptop in.. It was nice and out of the way and right next to a power outlet.. just perfect. HAHA.

The laptop lived but the screen didn't. Now it's plugged into the TV as a monitor.
TxSkye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:14 PM   #293

Tiffin Owners Club
papaw.1

I might as well add my stupid thing I did.When I first got my MH I had the bar that secures the slide when moving in the lock position and tryed to put the slide out so it popped out hit the I pod deck and broke the screen on the I pod,it still works but, you can't see what song is playing.You can figure that out on your on.May all of you have many Safe and Happy travels.
papaw.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:53 PM   #294

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
I had disconnected the hoses to my washer one year when winterizing. The following spring forgot to hook them back up. The waterfall coming out of the heater vent outside reminded me. Guess I should have used my checklist, the one where I noted that I had disconnected those 2 lines.
Same here, but while winterizing. Thought I had all the water out...what a surprise when I turned a valve in the basement and had a waterfall too behind the washer...next time I better follow the steps in order

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ChazA is offline   Reply With Quote