Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2013, 11:09 PM   #295

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
If your electric step sometimes sticks in the down position and it won't retract, find a construction zone with cones that create a very, very narrow single lane. The construction workers may leave a cone in your way that you can avoid. An orange cone may hit your extended step and get crushed under your RV. The automatic step will retract and magically start working again!! ...well at least for a few weeks before the step fails for good

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ChazA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2013, 07:22 PM   #296

I haven't read all the replies, but I'm sure this one was mentioned. However, I'll mention it again since DH did it today. Do not leave the site without unplugging from the pedestal. He always does a walk around before leaving. The one time he didn't.....

Old 01-14-2013, 07:15 PM   #297

I could write a book on this subject. Heres a couple not to do's to add to the list.
1. When traveling I carry my computer in its carry bag between the drivers seat and side wall of the mh. After stopping I extended my slide outs, I didn't check the computer to make sure it cleared the slide out. You can guess what happened from here, as I was driving the computer slid back a few inches, and as the slide out extened I heard a crushing noise, I stopped the slide out immediately. I checked to see what the problem was a found my computer being crushed by the slide out. I still carry the computer there, but now, have added it to my check list before extending the slide out.
2. The night before leaving a location I checked the engine oil and other items. While doing this I apparently leaned against the engine kill switch, this then needs to be pulled out before starting. The next moring I attempt to start the engine it turns over but won't start. After and hour of checking things I finally locate the problem, pull the kill switch out reseting it and the engine starts. This is just a sampling of my stupid mistakes.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:04 AM   #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecfd67 View Post
Don't leave and forget the DW at home and have to drive back an hour to get her. The rest of the drive will not be fun. Hey I thought she was in the Lav she spends alot of time there
I am a little slow here what or who is the DW ? I have come up with
Dish Washer, Dumb Waitress, and last and hopefully this is the correct answer
Dear Wife ?
Old 01-15-2013, 02:39 AM   #299

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDP243 View Post
I am a little slow here what or who is the DW ? I have come up with
Dish Washer, Dumb Waitress, and last and hopefully this is the correct answer
Dear Wife ?
Dear Wife is the safest definition. Happy wife, happy life.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:39 AM   #300

All of the above, but you might want to duck after the first two.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:13 PM   #301

Winnebago Owners Club
Don't forget you have lots of motor home behind the rear tires. Back swing goes left when you go right.
There is a car wash in Idaho with a brand new vacuum my insurance paid for. Stainless steel no less. Old bounder class a and i had to straighten out the bumper
Old 02-10-2013, 08:33 AM   #302

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarmor View Post
Don't connect the fresh water hose to the black water clean out when arriving at camp site. The black water tank can only hold so much water before it over flows in the bathroom and then all over the camper. Just one of many of my don't

I feel better now, knowing I'm not the only that this has happen to.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:38 PM   #303

I won't live long enough to read all of these great posts...but add "don't make a tight turn in a smaller Wal-Mart gas station and take out their water-air service unit"....the sound at 0230 in the morning is just terrible.

Wal-Mart wrote me a letter and said I did not have to pay for it! "If Wal Mart don't have it, I don't need it."
George Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #304

Just finished reading all the pages and got some laughs and shed some tears at the things I had done but nearly forgotten. Here is one that wasn't mentioned.

12 years ago I was driving my 40' Foretravel pulling a new Suburban. I had a habit which turned out to be a bad one, of pulling into the parking lots of diners and motels which appeared to have drive around parking lots. On one occasion it did not work out so well at a Holiday Inn I was trying to park in the rear lot. Dead End at 3 AM. Unhook the Burb, back it out easy, walk back to MH, back it out, not so easy, due to going slow began to wake up guests who called the front desk who called police. They arrived just as cleared the lot. The rest well, its too painful to write about. Point, get out and look first..BTW, its OK to laugh.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:10 PM   #305

Freightliner Owners Club
Take everything seriously on your checklist. About a quarter the way down on my checklist is "bring in slides". (Silly, who wouldn't bring in their slides?...why do I even have it on the list?) DW is driving the boat over to the ramp so I need to get over there to help her tie it up...she doesn't like bringing the boat into the dock on her own. Going through camp lots of fellow RVer's are waving.......they're a friendly bunch I'm thinking. Somethings wrong with my rear view mirror...everything is white...what the heck? How I missed a couple pine trees which I can't imagine how they didn't take the big slide off is beyond me. Never did tell the DW.....she doesn't like docking the boat on her own you know?
Old 02-11-2013, 08:32 AM   #306

Great tips guys - my wife and I bought our first RV a month ago and are getting ready for some trips in the spring/summer - these 'lessons learned' are very helpful.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:54 PM   #307
alk

If you have a Class A motorhome and have to be towed, and they tell you "I haven't disconnected a drive shaft before, but I know what to do" CALL FOR SOMEONE ELSE!

They only took mine halfway apart, that loud clang I heard was the shaft with the teeth on it hitting the I-beam of the frame (took out a 50 cent piece chunk) and the ground...beam...ground... and oh, after arriving at the repair facility, telling me "everything is fine". Not...
alk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:14 PM   #308

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Young View Post
I could write a book on this subject. Heres a couple not to do's to add to the list.
1. When traveling I carry my computer in its carry bag between the drivers seat and side wall of the mh. After stopping I extended my slide outs, I didn't check the computer to make sure it cleared the slide out. You can guess what happened from here, as I was driving the computer slid back a few inches, and as the slide out extended I heard a crushing noise, I stopped the slide out immediately. I checked to see what the problem was a found my computer being crushed by the slide out. I still carry the computer there, but now, have added it to my check list before extending the slide out.
And I thought I was the only one that did that!

Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote