Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2013, 03:16 AM   #309

Thor Owners Club
even though I had told her repeatedly no glass items or pots ect., in storage compartments above, and also mentioning things will and do shift in transit, (I know all too well I work offshore on an anchor boat) the little lady did not listen... I am outside hooking things up... I hear kablam and scream. She had put a cast iron dutchoven in an overhead spot (she was going to use to make soup when we grilled)... so anyhow afterwards she had 2 black eyes and a broke nose and I kept getting the evil eye from others in the campground like i had done it to her
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2013, 07:53 AM   #310

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
What an amazing thread!

I can't remember how many water "Y"s I've left at campgrounds. I've taken to picking them up at garage sales just to have an inventory. Maybe I should put that on a check list.
johno97007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:45 PM   #311
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by johno97007 View Post
What an amazing thread!

I can't remember how many water "Y"s I've left at campgrounds. I've taken to picking them up at garage sales just to have an inventory. Maybe I should put that on a check list.
Idea - Tie a loose knot string onto the Y with about 6" of string and do the same loose knot at the end of your water hose.

The loose knot on either part will allow you to unscrew the hose and Y and keep the Y with the hose.

Voila!
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:34 AM   #312

Tiffin Owners Club
Oh Dear!
I hope she is well now. I guess it is like my Daddy used to say "it costs to get an education and some of us pay and pay". I know I have.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:20 PM   #313

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Idea - Tie a loose knot string onto the Y with about 6" of string and do the same loose knot at the end of your water hose.

The loose knot on either part will allow you to unscrew the hose and Y and keep the Y with the hose.

Voila!
Simple solution. Thanks!
johno97007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:02 PM   #314
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by johno97007 View Post
Simple solution. Thanks!
Necessity is the mother of invention.

I should practice what I preach. Lost a few Y's myself and only just thought of it solving your issue! LOL
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:33 PM   #315

This is a great thread. Probably the only one over 20 pages that I bothered to read the entire thread at once. Just some great information and somethings to make you laugh. I feel so bad for the folks who learned the very expensive lessons but I take what I have read and hopefully not repeat their mistakes.
The only one I can think of so far was towing the car on the dolley one time I loaded it and strapped it down and hooked up the lights and chains and as I started to pull away it seemed just loose. Starting and stopping I felt the car was moving too much. Realized I forgot to lock the tilt function and install the pin to the dolley. I had to run back up the road about 100 yards to retrieve the lock pin still laying on the ground where I loaded the car.. So glad I found it in the dark.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:38 PM   #316

Don't take in the slides without cleaning the slide covers if under trees unless you are ready to replace them. Tree branches don't roll up very well.
Snomas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:17 PM   #317

Unplug Shore Power Cord

Fellow campers are angels. Prepared to leave campground after having made all correct items: dumped tanks, brought in slide, lowered antenna, disconnected water, etc.
Wanted to stay another couple hours and visit with friend before departing, and so left the power cord attached. Spent time with friends, walked back to coach, got in, started it and began to drive away with DW following in toad to pre-determined spot to hook up. When I started to move DW started honking toad horn, but I had still moved about 50 feet. I stopped coach and got out to see what the problem was - well I had neglected to disconnect the power cord.
Neighbors on street side were setting outside and saw me performing my stupid trick. They had quickly jumped up and yanked the cord from the pedestal!!!
Therefore I had only drug the cord a few feet, and done no damage to the pedestal or my coach!
THANKS TO MY NEIGHBORS - THEY ARE MY ANGELS!
CarlGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:24 PM   #318

You're lucky the tires didn't run over the cord. Would have ripped it out of your coach.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:11 PM   #319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
You're lucky the tires didn't run over the cord. Would have ripped it out of your coach.
I put a postem note on the steering wheel with a check list before moving the mh.It helps
Old 02-18-2013, 12:09 AM   #320

Monaco Owners Club
I thought this may be a bit off the subject but based on the op's opening statement maybe not
Don't walk around with a heavy pack on in the snowy car park. You may find a spot where a bus has heated the snow and departed leaving a nice slick bit of ice.
Especially don't do it in a foreign country.
My now ruptured left quadricep tendon may cause me to miss my trip to the USA and 8 weeks of incredible travel in my yet unused motorhome
I'm leaving Austria today ( earliest available) operation in Brisbane friday - a full 7 days after the injury.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:47 PM   #321

Triple E Owners Club
Just remembered another one. Hooked up the toad with air operated brakes, plugged in both ends of the air line from coach to toad as usual. What I was not aware of was that if you plug the male end of the hose to the female coach connection then slide the dust cover back over the connection, you can actually disconnect the line. I did. Drove off and noticed the toad brake actuation light was not working, stopped to check and found the air line under the toad tire and torn. Off to Los Vegas Camping World for a replacement. Now I push the dust cover forward first and pull to make sure all is secure.
Rmiscoord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:48 PM   #322

Don't forget to close your garage door when leaving for a weekend trip.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote