Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2014, 09:25 AM   #365

Things Not To Do

Don't ask wife to help hold funnel while adding oil to engine. Wife gets bored after a few seconds and lifts funnel to see if oil is flowing. Happened only once. After that wife insisted that I purchase a funnel with a long flexible bend and ... DO IT MYSELF.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2014, 09:33 AM   #366

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
It works!

Early in our marriage, I once washed my red sweat pants with my wife's white lingerie.

Haven't done a load of laundry in 18 years!
Cool

Old 06-10-2014, 01:20 PM   #367

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
It works!

Early in our marriage, I once washed my red sweat pants with my wife's white lingerie.

Haven't done a load of laundry in 18 years!
Did the sweat pants turn pink? if so, do you still wear them?
stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 05:40 PM   #368

Monaco Owners Club
Last week we got ready to leave a campground after a very heavy rain during the night. We have slide toppers so I didn't give a thought to possible water gathering on the slide. Brought all three slides in and started to take off. At that point the passenger side slide (wife sits on that side)decided to shed all the water that had gathered beneath the topper. Wife had just sat down after fixing her hair and looking good for the day. Needless to say, it was pretty cool in the mh for most of the day.
abrasv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:12 PM   #369

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
OMG - Now that's funny ------ I don't care what you say.

If you only had the dash cam running.

"For GOD'S sake, be human"
Tomtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:19 AM   #370

Carolina Campers
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Do not forget to open your grey water tank valve BEFORE washing a load of cloths! Your shower will only catch so much of it!
Old 06-11-2014, 12:50 AM   #371

Wife says, "I helped you out today and put your tools away"
I say, "where did you put them?"
She says, "Out in the garage somewhere, WHY?"
Old 06-11-2014, 07:57 AM   #372

Monaco Owners Club
We have a 2004 40' diplomat the bay doors open up .The corners are very SHARP.Sliced my head up real nice.I took a file and rounded the corners off.
This does not keep me from hitting them,but does keep from getting stitches in my head. I also found take ball cap off when working around bay doors and slides,this way you do not have a blind spot.
I still run into them.When my d/w hears a bump i just tell her i dropped something.I will figure it out some day!
Old 06-11-2014, 08:11 AM   #373
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by stink View Post
Did the sweat pants turn pink? if so, do you still wear them?
They stayed red as an apple!
Even if they turned pink, I'd still wear them. No problem with my masculinity and I only used to wear sweat pants around the house anyways and not to Walmart. LOL
Old 06-11-2014, 08:20 AM   #374
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
I hear you!
My wife is the "Queen of Clean" however, only in the sense that on the surface the house is spotless. You don't dare open a door or drawer without a hard hat or steel toed boots. You never know what's going to fall out on you.
If I left a tool out, I can usually find it in the nearest cabinet, drawer, closet.

A while back I used a hammer and it disappeared. Days later I found it in the towel drawer in the kitchen. No rhyme or reason.

To this day, if anyone asks me where something is, I tell them to "check the towel drawer".
Old 06-11-2014, 02:06 PM   #375

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

On the other hand I've been known to call my wife and ask where something is located. I was astonished when she would say things like "Check the second storage rack on the third shelf from the top on the left hand side in the back." Amazing.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:30 PM   #376

And don't leave your spare keys hanging from the fuel door as you drive down the road. Done this twice and both times lucky enough to retrieve them.
And don't run over the water spigot on the site in front while backing into yours. Water shot 10 feet in air. Hide in our MH until dark cause of that one. Of course this was right before horn got stuck on car as we were taking it off the dolly. Whole campground came out to watch. Probably not welcome there again LOL
Dan and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 03:26 PM   #377

Wow. This thread makes me feel like I need a check list the size of the Encyclopedia Britannica! (I thought Aircraft check lists were bad! Lol).
Old 06-11-2014, 05:51 PM   #378

Winnebago Owners Club
Check the road/route even in a camp ground. Sunset CG at Death Valley NP. Went to go and dump tanks and refill with fresh water. Not many people there so instead of winding back and forth to line for the dump station I thought I would cut across the sites in front of me to the next lane going the best way. Now you have to picture that this camp ground is essentially a great big gravel parking lot with paved roads. What I failed to notice was the sites in front of me were not actually pull thru's like mine and that a hump divided the two sites and that hump was perfectly camouflaged because it was all gravel . I also exceeded the prudent speed limited by a tad . I also went over the hump at an angle. That meant each wheel caused the MH to tilt way too much back and forth and back and forth. Opened all the cabinets and allowed us to repack them much more efficiently then before . Slide out tipped out enough for stuff to roll under it . It was quit the show for two other MH's.

Rmiscoord is offline   Reply With Quote