Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2014, 07:18 PM   #505

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Lyman & Deb

Great story

"For GOD'S sake, be human"
Tomtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2014, 07:28 PM   #506

Winnebago Owners Club
Don't trade in the old coach without both you and the DW going through all the cabinets to ensure they have been all emptied out. Got the new rig back in July... Asked the DW - Where did you put the bucket of batteries and firestick lighter? Response - I thought you moved those off the old rig. Oh well... Thankfully we only missed one cabinet and it didn't contain anything critical... Live and learn.

ctaurie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 04:39 PM   #507

Winnebago Owners Club
Got another to add to my list . Every 30 days if I have not run it I run the Auxiliary Generator for 15-30 min under load. I usually use the heat pump on heat or AC for the load. Last month it was heat. Now I know if the heat pump cannot keep up the propane heater kicks in. So I started the generator, selected elect heat, waited, shut down the generator and left. We came back about 20 days later to take a quick weekend away and I checked the info panel as usual pushing all the buttons etc. and WTH, propane was almost empty. I also noticed it was nice and toasty warm but gave that no matter . Could find no leaks, no smell of propane, no nothing to indicate why the tank was almost empty. Standing there thinking I noticed a draft up my leg and looked down to see a heat register and . Oh well stopped at a gas station on the way because we were planning to dry camp. At least the coach started out nice and warm especially with thermostat had been set at 78 .
Rmiscoord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 08:33 AM   #508

Winnebago Owners Club
Don't assume that an item setting on the counter is fine just because it has the nonslip padding under it. On our crappy CA freeways anything that isn't bolted down or put away WILL end up on the floor at one time or another.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:33 AM   #509

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by doorguy View Post
Don't assume that an item setting on the counter is fine just because it has the nonslip padding under it. On our crappy CA freeways anything that isn't bolted down or put away WILL end up on the floor at one time or another.
Lost a coffee pot like that in North Carolina. No fault of their roads, my fault hitting a curb in a parking lot. The coffee maker goes in the sink now
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 07:33 PM   #510
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Lost our blender after it flew out of the cupboard on a corner cause someone forgot to close the cabinet door to latch.

Margarita's at the campsite aren't the same anymore as none of the blenders we've bought mulched the ice like the "Ol Cornbinder".
Old 10-09-2014, 07:48 PM   #511

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Lost our blender after it flew out of the cupboard on a corner cause someone forgot to close the cabinet door to latch.

Margarita's at the campsite aren't the same anymore as none of the blenders we've bought mulched the ice like the "Ol Cornbinder".
Dog, how do you make Margaritas with one of these?
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:53 PM   #512

If you hear load pounding on your door in the middle of the night, get up slowly and let her out!
Old 10-09-2014, 09:12 PM   #513

For you retired pilots out there. I was on a flight in a 727, halfway through a 3 hour flight I looked out a window and saw that the 3/8 eye bolts screwed into the inside of the engine cowling for the overnight covers had not been removed. I waited until landing and told the pilot, the flight attendant passed out when she heard me tell the pilot. They were left in both engines, I bet he never forget to do his takeoff check list again. Yea, I know I should have reported to FAA.
Jamie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 09:19 PM   #514

Its not on the checklist and it's the copilot's job to do the walk around (actually on that bird it was the engineer's). Captain would never know unless it compressor stalled. Bet somebody got their a$$ handed to them after you deplaned.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:38 PM   #515

Winnebago Owners Club
Make sure all obstacles are clear before bringing in any slide outs. Same when retracting anything such as awnings and jacks. And if in freezing weather, make sure jacks aren't frozen to the ground. 😁
Old 10-09-2014, 09:57 PM   #516

Oh man, I am in tears reading this. We got off the ferry in Port Townsend WA when I realized I didn't have my wallet. Oh CRAP, both credit cards, the debit card, license everything gone. I had it out to pay for the trip, figured it was on the ground the other side of Puget Sound.
Guess I'm gonna have to ask the booth attendant to call to see if anyone had picked it up, by this time my beloved is giving me what for which isn't helping the situation. We pulled off the road, both got out to let the dogs run and there is the wallet on the seat half under her butt. Of course it was my fault.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:58 PM   #517

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9quarz View Post
Make sure all obstacles are clear before bringing in any slide outs. Same when retracting anything such as awnings and jacks. And if in freezing weather, make sure jacks aren't frozen to the ground. 😁
Had a ack pad freeze to the ground, made quite a racket when it broke loose! Used a pickle fork to release the others that were frozen to the ground. Luckily the pad & springs were easy to out back on.
Also. don't leave pillows in the way of the slideout, that cracking sound you just heard was the nightstand top breaking!
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:26 PM   #518
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkinthebus View Post
Dog, how do you make Margaritas with one of these?
It's a secret, however I can't anymore. It broke.