Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2012, 09:04 PM   #43

Winnebago Owners Club
Don't cut tree branches down in a campsite that are going to scratch your full body paint. At least not when the forest ranger is watching The rangers tend to like to lecture people.
Deucenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2012, 09:20 PM   #44

Don't connect the fresh water hose to the black water clean out when arriving at camp site. The black water tank can only hold so much water before it over flows in the bathroom and then all over the camper. Just one of many of my don't
jmarmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:21 PM   #45

I've done at least 80% of these things including the last one of overfilling the black water tank Although I was purposely using it for cleaning out I forgot about it and later found a nasty surprise in the washroom. Why do they put carpet in some washrooms?

To add to the thread:
After a morning walk with the kids in preparation for a long drive ahead, don't forget to stow the baby stroller and leave it in a Parking lot as well as forgetting to secure the storage hatch where it belongs and loose even more gear.

Nothing worse than to finally notice a flapping cargo door in the mirror after driving two hours
Old 11-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #46

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I wish my steps worked like that.. Alas they will remain out till I cycle the door.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:51 AM   #47
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deucenut View Post
That is awesome. Are you sure that was a "mistake"? I don't think my wife would EVER let me live this one down Especially considering it took so long to notice she was gone.
I'd notice right away, like in the first 20 ft cause I wouldn't have been told all the things I was doing wrong already.

That's gonna hurt! OUCH Yup...it's starting to swell and turn colour!

Sorry Honey....Just sayin'!
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:07 AM   #48

what not to do

Do not forget to look right to the back of the oven on all levels. I had put all my baking stuff in the oven in preparation for our move from Manitoba to BC. Including my half empty large can of Pam. (Can you see this one coming) So we get to BC a few days later & set up at our campsite. A couple of weeks go by & I decide to make banana bread. Remove all the stuff out of the oven, prepare the batter, wonder where my Pam is & think oh well, just go without it. UH HUH. We go for a walk & come back 45 minutes later to find the oven door partially open, oil splattered all over, & banana bread ruined. End result was I replaced the oven as the side was compromised to the tune of almost $1000.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:11 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecfd67
Don't leave and forget the DW at home and have to drive back an hour to get her. The rest of the drive will not be fun. Hey I thought she was in the Lav she spends alot of time there
Needed that laugh.
GuidoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:03 PM   #50

Country Coach Owners Club
Don't forget to: pull in the slide, make sure your toad is neutral ($5k screw up), unhook from the water, sewer, and electric and stow them away safe and sound, forget to hook up safety cables on toad, check the turn signals on the toad and rv, check for flats, always have a backer and stop when she decides to run out of your sight, check the tanks that you are filling (water, fuel, gray water, black water), put down the toilet seat and lock the interior doors open, close all the bay doors, bring in the awnings, make sure the step is in, and finally to check the power before you plug into it. I find a check list that I check every time we get ready to leave is a great help. (learned that after my $5k screw up) one more biggy. Pay attention to clearance heights.
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:08 PM   #51

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
AND.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan DeBruin View Post
Oh, I am good at this Don't replace all your batteries without making a detailed chart of how they are connected...... before you take out the old batteries.
And label every connection......

And take a bunch of pictures of the existing wiring......
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:29 PM   #52

Didn't read the whole thread apologies if this was already posted:

If stopping for any significant length of time on a RVing trip, to get a meal at a restaurant, for instance, make sure you park in a level spot, or else shut down the refrigerator to prevent serious damage to the cooling unit - it's easy to forget, or underestimate the time you might be stopped...
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #53
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Don't alway follow the map to your campsite provided by the new host. Had an argument with the DW when she had me turn down a walking path. Talk about the looks from other campers. But DW said we had to go that way because that is how the host drew the route on the camp map.

Discussion got worse when we were then pulling in the wrong direction to the pull thru.

Learned the next day it was the first for the lady host who provided the directions. She just traced what she thought was the most direct route. The walking paths and roads looks the same on the map.

Too bad for the srubs.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:01 PM   #54

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Propped open the big emergency exit window in the master bedroom when I was recarpeting the rig to let some fresh air in, took the stick out to close it up, remembered a month later On the interstate when I saw it flapping in the breeze in my side view mirror, that I never latched it. Floating about 2 ft open and closed, good hinges thank God.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:37 AM   #55

Monaco Owners Club
Don't be tempted to crawl into the basement to straighten stuff out when the 3 year old knows how to close the basement door.
'11 Z-71 4X4 toad
BudtheDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:59 AM   #56

Don't leave your coach keys in the coach and lock the door.......had to get a locksmith to unlock the door, good thing it is covered under insurance ( no cost to us). But to have to wait 2 hours for the guy to come was a bummer...but I also have a key hidden outside if I do again.
corjaguar is offline   Reply With Quote