Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-11-2012, 08:15 PM   #155

I have not even taken delivery yet, its on the way from the factory to the dealer. Georgetown 360XL with the new home size refrigerator and ceramic tile. I think I am more excited about the ice in the door LOL
So... I have no clue what I have in the air bag area. Did not even know there was such a thing! I am reading this thread tho...... Also sent a link to my husband! To say I am apprehensive about getting this thing delivered in a week or so, would be putting it mildly. I am scared to death! Expensive thing to mess something up on! Ya'll please share check list and other "stuff" that will help
Thanks so much!
carolinagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2012, 08:18 PM   #156

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronspradley View Post
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.

(Stolen from this forum.)

ronspradley
Yep, I resemble that. Just ask the DW.
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:29 PM   #157

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinagirl View Post
I have not even taken delivery yet, its on the way from the factory to the dealer. Georgetown 360XL with the new home size refrigerator and ceramic tile. I think I am more excited about the ice in the door LOL
So... I have no clue what I have in the air bag area. Did not even know there was such a thing! I am reading this thread tho...... Also sent a link to my husband! To say I am apprehensive about getting this thing delivered in a week or so, would be putting it mildly. I am scared to death! Expensive thing to mess something up on! Ya'll please share check list and other "stuff" that will help
Thanks so much!
Unless it's a DP with air suspension you don't need to worry about it.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:32 PM   #158

Triple E Owners Club
I made up a printed check list glued to a piece of shelving board with peg holes drilled before and after each line item. Filled the left side with cribbage pegs and moved them when that item was moved, turn on/off, unlocked, etc. The board is big enough not miss and we do not move until all pegs are on the left. BUT, sometimes you move the peg then go out and do it only to be distracted by something shinny, and. . . or you are really really sure you already closed that vent. . .
Rmiscoord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:39 PM   #159

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I saw a box of bands at Camping World that are designed to wrap around one side of the steering wheel that have have things such as "slides", "antenna", etc printed on them. The idea is to have them on the one place you will for sure see them so you remember to do everything before starting out.

Unfortunantly they would be a favorite new monkey toy for us, but the idea makes sense. I think they were $15-20.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:29 PM   #160

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Be sure to train DH not to go into a gas station WITHOUT face to face notice because he might get left (without a change of clothes too). Always take your cell phone with you when you leave the coach, just in case DH gets left behind, he can call and sweet talk you to return for him!
Old 12-12-2012, 12:11 AM   #161

I'm only 6'1" and I'm new to my Class B. I'm also bald. At the moment I have 5 scabs on my noggin from beating my head against various cupboard doors, range hood, and doorway.

I get so tired of people asking what happened. When I tell the truth they look at me piteously, and walk away. My friends say things like, "Why don't you be careful?" Why, indeed!!??

And it's not getting any better. I'm not learning. I get in a hurry, or thinking about something else, pick up something from the floor and ker-whack. I'm beginning to doubt my own sanity. At least when I'm driving, and strapped in, I'm relatively safe. But soon I'm going to need a holding tank, black water, gray water and A+.
Bowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:35 AM   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
I'm only 6'1" and I'm new to my Class B. I'm also bald. At the moment I have 5 scabs on my noggin from beating my head against various cupboard doors, range hood, and doorway.

I get so tired of people asking what happened. When I tell the truth they look at me piteously, and walk away. My friends say things like, "Why don't you be careful?" Why, indeed!!??

And it's not getting any better. I'm not learning. I get in a hurry, or thinking about something else, pick up something from the floor and ker-whack. I'm beginning to doubt my own sanity. At least when I'm driving, and strapped in, I'm relatively safe. But soon I'm going to need a holding tank, black water, gray water and A+.
My business is hvac so i frequently work in tight crawl spaces and low basements. The solution for the cuts on your head is a baseball cap. The cap contacts the dangerous objects a moment before and notifies your brain to stop the roll so you don't slam your head into said objects. The brim also protects your face from getting cut/scratched when you stand up in a spot where something would otherwise have taken your nose off.
Apoccia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:03 AM   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
If you own an RV, unfortunately that is the only way you are allowed to learn.

Section #8 - Paragraph #3 of the RV Owners of North America manual states that in order to learn a lesson, you must spend a minimum of $500 and not knowingly have seen that an err in judgement was going to occur.
I need a copy of that manual.
Have already paid out almost $5,000.00 for it.

Somebody told me, "Nothing sucks money like an RV, Boat or Teenager."
Having gone through the raising kids stage, and living inland, RV was the most logical money-sucker to invest in next.
Jdsengl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:30 AM   #164

Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinagirl View Post
Thanks so much!
There is some good info here if you can open PDF files.

Checklists
RedWing Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:31 PM   #165

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I saw a box of bands at Camping World that are designed to wrap around one side of the steering wheel that have have things such as "slides", "antenna", etc printed on them. The idea is to have them on the one place you will for sure see them so you remember to do everything before starting out.

Unfortunantly they would be a favorite new monkey toy for us, but the idea makes sense. I think they were $15-20.
Makes total sense to me because that is what I sort of do. I drape my checklist right on the steering wheel so I can't miss it.
Horizonchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:58 PM   #166

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Checklists - check - check.
Am I the only one with an onboard computer with a built in checklist that allows me to add personal items to it. Adding them is a little like texting on an old cell phone but once you get them in there - viola - done. It pops up when I start the engine. I push the little button on the dash and it checks them off. It may be a Freightliner thing - I don't know - but I love it. If there is an aftermarket version I would recommend it. Annie in the passenger seat - I read down the list and check - check - check - off we go.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #167

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Checklists - check - check.
Am I the only one with an onboard computer with a built in checklist that allows me to add personal items to it. Adding them is a little like texting on an old cell phone but once you get them in there - viola - done. It pops up when I start the engine. I push the little button on the dash and it checks them off. It may be a Freightliner thing - I don't know - but I love it. If there is an aftermarket version I would recommend it. Annie in the passenger seat - I read down the list and check - check - check - off we go.
Sounds like an airline pre-flight session. Some of us are a bit more low tech.

The older I get the more I need to depend on technology. Soon I'll need a computer like yours that acts like a sobriety device. The engine won't start until the check list is all checked off.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:05 PM   #168

I print out an Excel spread sheet. Nothing gets checked off unless it is actually in my MH or trailer. If I think of something I need to do when away from home or needs to be added to the sheet, I write it on one of my many mirrors with a dry erase pen.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote