Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2014, 02:21 AM   #477

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hmmmmm

See what happens when the DW is not spotting for you! I don't think his leveling jacks will correct that angle. The fridge is not level either. I wonder if his head hit the ceiling when this happened. Hope he was wearing a seat belt.

"For GOD'S sake, be human"
Tomtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2014, 12:17 PM   #478

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I just read this thread in it's magnificent "entirety". I will give each and every one of the posts the utmost respect for I know our day is in the sun is an inevitable certainty!

We just purchased a 02 HR Neptune and are getting ready to go "full time".

I do have one small tidbit to share from our trip two summers past.

We were traveling in our '93 23 foot Fleetwood Flair thru Kansas. Stopped at a rest stop and found out the temp was a high for that day in history! We are suffering in the FF..no dash air. The roof air cannot keep us even the least bit cool at this temp.(102 and rising). So I come up with the brainstorm.."Let's stop and purchase a portable standup air conditioner! THAT should cool us off!"

We pull into the hardware store parking lot, both us covered in sweat, and I trot in and find a great deal on a nice 10K BTU unit. Got to pay with VISA and
VISA CARD IS NOT IN WALLET.I run back out to the rv in a panic, open the door, let DW know whats happening and attempt to jump in to find my lost/stolen card. I lose my balance, fall backwards and end up on the parking lot pavement. Not a big deal, if I had not ripped the door completely off in the process. So,here we are, in [Moderator Edit], with the door laying along side of me on the pavement..and it's hot as Hades. After I assembled my thoughts into something other than torching the RV on the spot and renting a car and heading home, I went into the store and purchased some self tapping screws, sheet metal and a pair of tin snips and rebuilt the door in the parking lot. The owner showed us where there was some shade to park in. Now the door works better than ever!

I guess the Thing Not to Do here would be: Do not lose a grip, and make sure you eat a healthy breakfast!
draboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:21 PM   #479

I have run into those antenna eating trees, and I have also ripped out a section of my neighbors brick wall. Very embarrassing both times. That was within the first month of motorhome ownership. Has not happened since.
Old 08-31-2014, 01:06 PM   #480

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by draboo View Post
I just read this thread in it's magnificent "entirety". I will give each and every one of the posts the utmost respect for I know our day is in the sun is an inevitable certainty!

We just purchased a 02 HR Neptune and are getting ready to go "full time".

I do have one small tidbit to share from our trip two summers past.

We were traveling in our '93 23 foot Fleetwood Flair thru Kansas. Stopped at a rest stop and found out the temp was a high for that day in history! We are suffering in the FF..no dash air. The roof air cannot keep us even the least bit cool at this temp.(102 and rising). So I come up with the brainstorm.."Let's stop and purchase a portable standup air conditioner! THAT should cool us off!"

We pull into the hardware store parking lot, both us covered in sweat, and I trot in and find a great deal on a nice 10K BTU unit. Got to pay with VISA and
VISA CARD IS NOT IN WALLET.I run back out to the rv in a panic, open the door, let DW know whats happening and attempt to jump in to find my lost/stolen card. I lose my balance, fall backwards and end up on the parking lot pavement. Not a big deal, if I had not ripped the door completely off in the process. So,here we are, in [Moderator Edit], with the door laying along side of me on the pavement..and it's hot as Hades. After I assembled my thoughts into something other than torching the RV on the spot and renting a car and heading home, I went into the store and purchased some self tapping screws, sheet metal and a pair of tin snips and rebuilt the door in the parking lot. The owner showed us where there was some shade to park in. Now the door works better than ever!

I guess the Thing Not to Do here would be: Do not lose a grip, and make sure you eat a healthy breakfast!
And your credit card??
Berlin Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:59 PM   #481

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin Kid View Post
And your credit card??
Sitting in my coffee cup holder.
draboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:12 PM   #482

BEST.Advice.Ever.
Attached Images

BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:43 PM   #483

Winnebago Owners Club
Take the electical plug out even if you are only repositioning your 5er a little bit. When you back over your electical cord it will unhook the electic for you by ripping it out of the wall. Thank goodness the plug cover broke and it did not rip part of the wall out.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:52 AM   #484

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
BEST.Advice.Ever.
Listed by priority of course!!!
Old 09-01-2014, 07:54 AM   #485

I remember asking my dealer about this, and he was quite adamant about it: Never, ever attempt to do wheelies with your motorhome. Now I understand why.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:11 AM   #486

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudtheDiplomat View Post
Don't be tempted to crawl into the basement to straighten stuff out when the 3 year old knows how to close the basement door.

Best one yet!
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:13 AM   #487

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I can tell your for sure that it's a bad idea to remove the key from your toad, and then drive 100 miles - it hurts especially more if the tires on your toad only have 300 miles on them because you were smart to replace your worn tires.

I got to replace my front tires twice
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:50 AM   #488
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
We have arrived at Caplillano RV Park in Vancouver. At registering, the desk clerk warned us about a pack of ferocious cedar trees on the loose in the campground. She said "Avoid them at all costs"!

While backing into our site, I saw one of them running up to the rear bumper. I slammed on my brakes and thought I had avoided them knowing how vicious they are. They still managed to take a bite at the Fiberglas bumper.
Thankfully, the previous owner had a run in with a relative of the same species before. There was already a scar there and I guess I opened the wound a bit. I had already planned on going to the RV Doctor for diagnosis of the affected area. The surgery is operable so it will likely be a few days in the hospital with recovery. Not sure if Medi-care will cover this.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1409586584.429507.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	298.5 KB
ID:	72605
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:30 PM   #489

Things to never do

Had A/C worked on in the winter time, on the way home we were freezing. We could not get any heat from engine heater. Call outfit that did work to find Out why. They said oops, we forgot to turn valve back on, you have to run out the front generator to get to the valve. Of course it is already dark, find place to pull off and extend generator, open valve and proceed to drive on down highway, ten miles later I remember the generator is still sticking out the front. Good thing it was dark. People probably wondered what kind of motor home has a generator mounted out in front?
37’ Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31549 /tag
Oregon NW Coast
Jstoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 06:31 PM   #490

Triple E Owners Club
Ok, this one did not cost any money but almost an heart attach. Taking the MH to a mechanic for some upgrades I arrived a little early so I had to park it across from the bays were several MH's already parked, backed in. So I skillfully approached and turned away, lining up perfectly to back in. Checking the mirrors and back camera, all was ok. I backed in between two other large MH's and all was going fine. As I was about 10 feet from the trees along the back according to the camera I applied the brakes slightly to come to a halt just right. But as I checked my right mirror I sensed I was moving way to fast so I mashed the brake, check the camera which seemed to show still about 5 feet but I could tell by looking to the right I was still moving. In a near panic now, I checked my foot was not on the gas and brake and really mashed the brake again. Now my mind was really in a panic mode as the camera still showed no imminent collision but my eyes were telling I was moving even faster. As I turned my head just a little bit more to the front I finally figured out the MH to my right was pulling out giving the allusion I was moving backwards. Life's lession, not all is what it seems!.
Rmiscoord is offline   Reply With Quote