Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2014, 08:58 PM   #1

Thinking about buying a 93 Fleetwood Flair RV

Other than the standard things, is there anything in particular I should look for if I decide to check it out? Based on my experience with my class C, I will check for signs of leaks, soft spots in the floor, water stains, etc and make sure the generator works. I will also check the condition of the storage bays. Anything else? Anyone have experience with this year and brand?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2014, 09:46 PM   #2

We've owned a 90 and currently have a 2000. Have had excellent luck with both. As with any motorhome check all systems, a/c, heater, water pump and all faucets, water heater, toilet, shower, fridge, microwave, lights, fans. If it has a roof ladder I'd most definitely want a look at the roof. Of course all the running gear also.
89sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:08 PM   #3

Thanks - good to hear you were happy with yours.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:56 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Do not fail to check the dates on the tires and factor their replacement into the price if required. The spare also......
Greg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 01:51 PM   #5

Hello,
I'm new to the irv2 site, and don't even own a class A... yet. I noticed, however, that a year ago you posted a question about buying an older Fleetwood Flair. I'm now looking at buying a 1994 30 foot Flair. Just wondering if you went with the one you were looking at, and if so, are you happy with it? Any advice would be appreciated.
Wanderful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 05:42 PM   #6

We also own a 2000 Fleetwood Flair-We looked high and low for something with no slides and finally came across this one and it has been real good-our former MH was a Fleetwood Bounder a 1991 which also good but beware of the rusted chassis-I think that is more important than tires or heater,AC refridge or other appliances-My suggestion would be ROOF & CHASSIS everything else can be fixed --You can check ours out at our blog
pauperpride.blogspot.com
pushtrk99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 06:07 PM   #7

If shopping for an older Fleetwood which in my experience are great mhs, I would be looking at the Bounders. The '93 Bounders were what they called a basement model and what I liked best about this feature was the floor was all at the same level, that is no step up to the cockpit area. Also the Bounders came with larger 19.5" wheels and other features. Fresh water capacity including the hw tank is 100 gallons. We purchased a Bounder 28T new in '93 and it has been a really reliable rv. Actually when shopping back then we liked the Flair over all the competition and would have bought a Flair, until the day we stepped into a Bounder. On a weekend trip recently, we saw quite a few early Fleetwood class a mhs on the road. They are still popular and the most commonly seen 20+ year old brand I see on the road today.
Later model Flairs adopted the features of the Bounder, but not '93s. Like Pushtrk99 said, condition is paramount when it comes to old mh's. Ours never suffered from delamination issues, but I did have to replace the thin metal that covers the basement compartments underneath. This material was replaced with thicker galvanized sheet steel, which is not a difficult job. Time consuming yes, but doable.
Steady_Rest is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood