Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2015, 06:28 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo3 View Post
Saw the TC35270 2 days ago on etrailer for $849 + bracket at near $90, free shipping. That is all you need. U will need an impact wrench to make the job easy and the mechanical installation is easy. There is electrical that requires a hot wire when ignition on and that takes time plus getting through the firewall. I put a rocker switch (replacing the stock button switch) on mine in an open switch spot to my left, so that I had easy access if adjustment is needed.
It is adjusted while moving, but not often. If you have a pulling road crown, just steer to keep coach straight and touch the button, and it will hold U straight. It makes a positive difference.
David White '05 Windsor
I have purchased a few items with etrailer and had to return one with no problem. I would have liked to purchase the truecenter from them but the price is 929.99 for the TC and 135.95 for bracket. Blue Ox TC35270 Tru Center Steering Stabilizer has it for 849.98 TC and 81.90 bracket. Wish I cought trailers sale.

1998 36ft Country Coach Magna #5499
Gillig chassis with a Detroit series 40
2002 F250 CC 7.3 PSD
mike brez is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2015, 09:59 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
I purchased a TruCenter two years ago. Drove about 5000 miles with it and took it off. While it does a great job holding against side wind or a crowned road I found the additional steering force too annoying. Keep in mind the 270# spring inside the unit is what holds the steering wheel in position against those wind and road conditions. So when not driving straight in the units neutral position you are steering against that 270# force all the time. Maybe it won't bother you, maybe it will.

Dennis_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 06:11 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thinking about the blueox trucenter. Some questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis_K View Post
I purchased a TruCenter two years ago. Drove about 5000 miles with it and took it off. While it does a great job holding against side wind or a crowned road I found the additional steering force too annoying. Keep in mind the 270# spring inside the unit is what holds the steering wheel in position against those wind and road conditions. So when not driving straight in the units neutral position you are steering against that 270# force all the time. Maybe it won't bother you, maybe it will.

That spring/force that you feel will help protect you in emergencies such as a blow out. I personally didn't find it hard to get use to, as it feels no different that the Safe-T-Plus that I had on my precious MH.

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 07:03 PM   #18

I can't recall that I could ever tell the difference after it was installed on either coach.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:57 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
I didn't notice a difference either from stock steering, only the great benefit of control in windy conditions.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:59 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
There are a number of threads on steering stabilizers running now.

I would highly recommend this product. Makes a huge difference in cross winds and crowned roads. I have had my TC for over 14,000 miles and would buy one again in a heart beat.

Stuart
Old 05-22-2015, 06:11 AM   #21

Mine drives awesome without anything. We do not get pushed by passing trucks and it tracks great. I have just driven it for 14 hours straight and not fatigued. That being said I just ordered one for tire blowout safety if it helps with anything else it will just be a extra added bonus.
2002 F250 CC 7.3 PSD
Old 05-22-2015, 06:22 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
There are other, perhaps better options available. Check out the Safe-T- Plus with the Henderson trim adjust. After looking at the Trimadjust and the Safe-T- Plus I installed the Safe-T-Plus on our 45' Monaco and after talking to folks who had both units, I think I made the better choice. Check out this site: Trim Unit | Henderson's Line-Up Brake & RV Inc.
super_rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 07:03 AM   #23

I'm sold on the idea of putting one on my coach before we snowbird this fall. Who has the best prices?

Robby
Old 05-22-2015, 07:10 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robby W. View Post
I'm sold on the idea of putting one on my coach before we snowbird this fall. Who has the best prices?

Robby
This is the best I could findBlue Ox TC35270 Tru Center Steering Stabilizer
2002 F250 CC 7.3 PSD
Old 05-22-2015, 07:22 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by super_rep View Post
There are other, perhaps better options available. Check out the Safe-T- Plus with the Henderson trim adjust. After looking at the Trimadjust and the Safe-T- Plus I installed the Safe-T-Plus on our 45' Monaco and after talking to folks who had both units, I think I made the better choice. Check out this site: Trim Unit | Henderson's Line-Up Brake & RV Inc.
I'm a big fan of henderson. I had a bunch on my old gasser rear trac bar,coil springs,bell crank,bell crank arm and idler arm. That said I'm not sold on the safety plus with trim. I like the idea of electric for the trim over tapping into my coaches air line for the safety plus. It looks to me they both do the same exact thing except one is electric and one is air trimmed. The tru center looks to be a little less expensive also.
2002 F250 CC 7.3 PSD
Old 05-22-2015, 07:28 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by super_rep View Post

Hey Chet,

I'm looking at this install also. If you don't mind, I'd like to hear your reason for chosing the Safe-T-Plus over the TruCenter. I just want to do this once. Thanks.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 10:05 AM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The Safe-T-Plus is indeed a good product, I had one on my last coach. I considered installing another one along with the Henderson trim kit on my current coach, until I read that the trim kit would void the Safe-T-Plus warranty. That was enough to make me look closer at the TruCenter.

Crag

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 12:34 PM   #28

After much reading and research, I purchased the Blue Ox TruCenter from Amazon, and had it installed by a pro at a local RV shop here in Florida. Cost for the unit was about 900.00.
You will have to work under the coach (not much room) and its quite heavy to hold up by yourself. You will need the proper tools and torque wrench.All nuts & bolts get red loc-tite.

Drivers side end will attach to a custom bracket which attaches to the axle's U-bolt, the passenger side end attaches directly to the tie rod with included nuts and bolts.
The bracket is a custom fit to your chassis. It is sold and shipped separately. Cost is just under 100.00.

I needed a TC 35270 TruCenter and then a TC5000 bracket (Adjustable) as my coach (Fleetwood Revolution LE 40e) required the bracket to drop down from the axle a few inches below the tie rod and the TC 5000 was made for that application. It worked very well.

The push button switch took a little time to install as you must route the cable through the chassis and into the coach, connect to 12V, and install this switch somewhere comfortable for you to depress with your foot.
The shop made a metal plate and installed it with the switch just above my left foot. It is now quite easy and comfortable to use while the coach is moving.

I find it holds the coach straight and thus eliminates the fatigue of corrective steering.

If you feel the coach pulling to the left or right because of a wind or road crown, you depress the switch, steer the coach straight, and then release the switch. The 270 lbs. of pressure in the TruCenter will hold the coach in that position until you turn the wheel, which centers it again.

I installed it for the safety factor as well, and I am very pleased all around.
Although it was a bit more expensive than some other stabilizers on the market, I chose the TruCenter for its electric adjustment feature, and the Blue Ox reputation.

csidave is offline   Reply With Quote